• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which character has the best fair?

Black_jo

Smash Journeyman
The knee IS overrated just a little. It's a ****ing AWESOME move, a great combo finisher, and satisfying to land, but it is NOT the best fair.
Sheik and Marth have probably a better fair
Marth has more range, but falcon has his great speed
Marth can start combo with but can't kill. Falcon can start a combo with a knee but the knee is also a great finisher.
Falcon would suck without his fair
But imo, sheik would suck more!

I think the knee is in the top 3, maybe 5 at max

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
I don't necessarily think the knee needs to be higher than shiek or marth. but its gotta be better than Bowser's. Its easy to compare the 2 because both are mainly used as finishers. If we are factoring in the number of uses it has, its power, and if we factor in the characters general predictability and physics, C falcon wins by a long shot. They may be about = in power but C falcon's has everything else on Bowser's.

As far as G & W goes I still think Falcons is better. Its harder to compare these 2 though because G &W's isn't really used in the same way as falcons. Falcon still has more uses and definietly has more power. But G&W also has a lot of uses for it, plus its easier to hit with, because it stays out forever.

I would say that he's AT LEAST tied with G&W for third, though I do in reality think his fair is quite a bit better.

And I'm sure you've all seen the famous Darkrain Combo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KdJhhXc3qEs <------ Its against Isai BTW

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I don't necessarily think the knee needs to be higher than shiek or marth. but its gotta be better than Bowser's. Its easy to compare the 2 because both are mainly used as finishers. If we are factoring in the number of uses it has, its power, and if we factor in the characters general predictability and physics, C falcon wins by a long shot. They may be about = in power but C falcon's has everything else on Bowser's.

As far as G & W goes I still think Falcons is better. Its harder to compare these 2 though because G &W's isn't really used in the same way as falcons. Falcon still has more uses and definietly has more power. But G&W also has a lot of uses for it, plus its easier to hit with, because it stays out forever.

I would say that he's AT LEAST tied with G&W for third, though I do in reality think his fair is quite a bit better.
Y'know what, now that I think about it, considering how Falcon is a god at comboing, and considering that his knee gets Blastzone kills more easily than Bowser's F-air, I guess you convinced me to move it up. And yeah, G&W's F-air is better than Bowsers now that I think about it. Big disjointed hitbox that stays out forever is win, and that in my opinion is what it does better than the knee, because it is a fair bit less vulnerable than the knee, but Falcon wins in comboing with it to a degree, so if you ask me they're about equal.

I seriously need to reserve a post for this tier I'm devising with you guys. It stretches my posts considerably. Yeah, so there. Thanks for all the input. =P

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3275706&postcount=73

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
So yeah, I hope you guys enjoy. =P
-Top-
Marth
Sheik
Bowser
Jigglypuff

-High-
G&W
Falcon
Ganon
Ness
Zelda
Luigi
Doc = Peach

-Middle-
Kirby
Yoshi
Mewtwo
Y Link
Link
Roy (not sure about this one. Any pseudo Ken Combos out there? speed+range >> the Link f-airs so...)
Ice Climbers

-Low-
Mario
Samus
DK
Falco
Fox

-Bottom-
Pikachu
Pichu
pretty good. and yes, it's possible for Roy to do the Ken Combo, but much tougher. because he's a fast faller he can't use his fair like Marth can.

Patinator

Smash Champion
^^^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CJQvzfQTUFs

First stock. Not a Ken Combo, but close enough :laugh:
DANG IT. I wish I could watch videos... Half an hour to load a DOJO!! Subspace vid? Horrible.

And this is a Roy version of the Ken Combo... Phooey...

Who knows, maybe this can boost Roy's tier placing? ROY IZ TOP TIER!!!1!ONE!!!

LOL... Yeah right.

(That coming from a Roy main? Madness!)

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
I'd have to say either capt. falcon's knee, or sheiks shoulder. The knee is pretty fast and knocks them pretty far. Sheik's shoulder knocks them horizontally and not up so they will have a lower chance of recovering once knocked off of the stage.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure roy cannot do a ken combo. Just because he has a spike for a dair doesnt really mean anything his fair sucks.

Also, in that vid im pretty sure you can DI out of it. Simna is a good player but that ganon kinda isnt...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
By itself or used with the character.

By itself the Knee, strong, fast, all you need.

With the character marth, it leads well into many other KOs at a large range of damages.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Fox's fair is bad, its so bad actually that its counter productive. The only time its used is by accident and will often, instead of helping, kill the user when they use it off the stage.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure roy cannot do a ken combo. Just because he has a spike for a dair doesnt really mean anything his fair sucks.

Also, in that vid im pretty sure you can DI out of it. Simna is a good player but that ganon kinda isnt...
did what I posted mean anything to you? his fair has low knockback so it can easily be stringed together in a juggle. one way I like to do the Ken Combo with Roy is SHFFL all the fairs and the Dair. perhaps not the true Ken Combo, but close enough. and it's a bit weaker, but when sweetspotted Roy's dair has the same effect as Marth's dair.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
did what I posted mean anything to you? his fair has low knockback so it can easily be stringed together in a juggle. one way I like to do the Ken Combo with Roy is SHFFL all the fairs and the Dair. perhaps not the true Ken Combo, but close enough. and it's a bit weaker, but when sweetspotted Roy's dair has the same effect as Marth's dair.
Actually, with downwards DI the opponent will be able to get out of the fair chain. Roy's fair also has very low stun so the opponent will often be able to move before you are. Face it, Roy's fair is just bad. The only thing it's really usefull for is trying to link to a d-tilt or using it on non-fastfallers to try to get a foward smash (I say try because it's pretty easy to get out of the f-smash at most percents by simply airdodging.)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Actually, with downwards DI the opponent will be able to get out of the fair chain. Roy's fair also has very low stun so the opponent will often be able to move before you are. Face it, Roy's fair is just bad. The only thing it's really usefull for is trying to link to a d-tilt or using it on non-fastfallers to try to get a foward smash (I say try because it's pretty easy to get out of the f-smash at most percents by simply airdodging.)
I know Roy's fair is bad, and I know the Ken Combo is with Roy is tough and it isn't worth it. I was just saying that it is possible. Roy is just bad in general, none of his moves are good.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I gott say that..

mario by far the the coolest fair

Remmeber when we were noobs..

and ud pick mario just 2 meteor some onE?!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
there are way too many sexy fairs out there, like peach hitting you with her crown.

I think it's hard to define a "best fair". Lots of them have really good aspects. Sheik, for instance, has a very fast, powerful fair that has decent range, hits out and down, and can hit below the edge. Marth on the other hand almost never kils directly with the fair. It's not that powerful. However, you can do alot with it. You can fair to grab, ken combo, and gay M2K style with it (ie WD off to fair, to up B, to spike on fastfallers). CFs knee is extremely powerful,though it's not nearly as fast as sheik or marth, it lasts a while and even delayed knees can be used to kill or for combos. Gdorf's fair may be slow but has ENORMOUS range and power.In fact, there aren't that many fairs that can be considered bad. Pichu, roy, and foc/falco (contrary to the video, which only worked because of teh extra stock -_-) are some who have the simply bad dairs. Hell, even m2's fair is good.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Ness deserves top tier if anyone does. Multiple hits, same range as Marth's, either the same or a tiny bit less priority, and Ness has his DjCs and other means of using them way better than Marth can.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
on the topic of Roy doing Ken Combo...

It's generally not possible unless your opponent sets himself up for it. There's too much lag after doing a fair that your opponent would have likely recovered from the hit, so it's hard to get them with the spike unless they land right into it.

I think it'd be better to set it up with a dtilt.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
guys, as I said before, the Ken Combo really isn't useful to Roy unless playing against a complete n00b. and of course they set it up with a dTilt. that's how Roy sets up all his aerials. let's just end the conversation, unless someone's going to say something so dramatic that it changes his rank in the tier list.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
not only does roy's fair have low knowback it has low hit stun which usually means they will recover from it fast enough to either escape or retaliate.

Lol and no his dair does not spike like Marths.... its more like Zelda's......

Ok now we can drop the subject :).

BTW that fox fair vid is amazing!!!

Top Bottom