• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

which character has the best fair?

Binx

Smash Master
uhmm, last i checked, c falcon doesnt have a fair, therefore he doesnt qualify for this
he has a WTF@HAXPWNAGE KNEE
the knee is too godly to be grouped with regular fairs
idk though, just my opinion
for true, making Marth's or Sheiks the best, also GnW and Mewtwo WTF are you on?

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Dylan_Tnga, the feel of the sweetspoted knee is awesome, and for sure the most amazing among the Fairs, and maybe one of the best feels in the game, when you finish a long combo into a knee everyone just screams for excitement, and god it owns, so probably for awesomeness the Knee wins all.

As for usefulness, as many stated before me, Marth's and Sheik's are amazing, as for Mewtwo's, well they say it combos fastfallers, but Marth's combos everyone, and Sheiks sends everyone in a great angle, so probably they're better than Mewtwo's, and as for G&W's fair, its great I agree, and a good killer, but i still see more uses to Marth's and Sheik's. Also the knee is not only for finishing combos, also good for edgeguarding and a bit of comboing with weak knees, but still Marth's seems better for combos, and Knee for finishing.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Someone made a F-Air tier. I'll do my own! :) (And with my own reasons!)

God Tier

C. Falcon (KNEE!) (Damage, knockback, Semi-Semi-Spikage) (...And sound effect and electricity...)
Sheik (Semi-Spikage, quickness)
Marth (Comboability, super-quickness, Short-Ho Double Fair)

High Tier

Ganondorf (FIST!) (Damage, knockback)
Dr. Mario (FIST!) (Damage, knockback)
Luigi (Quickness, knockback)
Mewtwo (Speed, damage, knockback, comboability)
Jigglypuff (Comboability, WoP)
Zelda (Knockback, speed, damage)
TIE: Yoshi, Mario (Meteor, knockback)
Bowser (Speed, knockback, damage)

Middle Tier

Mr. Game & Watch (Speed, knockback)
Ice Climbers (Meteor, damage)
TIE: Y. Link, Link (Knockback, speed)
DK (Knockback, Meteor, damage)
TIE: Falco, Fox (Speed, knockback, comboability)

Low Tier

Peach (Knockback)
Samus (Multiple hits)
Ness (Multiple hits)
Kirby (Multiple hits, knockback)

Bottom Tier

Pikachu (...)
Pichu (..............................)

I guess everyone agrees that Pichu and Pikachu have horrible F-Airs.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Falco and Fox's f-airs are almost never used.
Ness' is definately higher than that.
And I'm pretty sure Peach's f-air isn't all the way down there..

I wouldn't call Sheik and Falcon's f-air's "semi-spikes", especially Falcon's.
Sheik's f-air is just.. very horizontal. Doesn't make you go down unless you DI it wrong..

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
a lot of people here are def. underrating ganons....
Ganon's F-air is not bad, since it goes great damage, has great range, and has great knockback. It's just a little too slow though. His B-air is more often than not the preferred option if you ask me.

Someone made a F-Air tier. I'll do my own! :) (And with my own reasons!)

God Tier

C. Falcon (KNEE!) (Damage, knockback, Semi-Semi-Spikage) (...And sound effect and electricity...)
Sheik (Semi-Spikage, quickness)
Marth (Comboability, super-quickness, Short-Ho Double Fair)

High Tier

Ganondorf (FIST!) (Damage, knockback)
Dr. Mario (FIST!) (Damage, knockback)
Luigi (Quickness, knockback)
Mewtwo (Speed, damage, knockback, comboability)
Jigglypuff (Comboability, WoP)
Zelda (Knockback, speed, damage)
TIE: Yoshi, Mario (Meteor, knockback)
Bowser (Speed, knockback, damage)

Middle Tier

Mr. Game & Watch (Speed, knockback)
Ice Climbers (Meteor, damage)
TIE: Y. Link, Link (Knockback, speed)
DK (Knockback, Meteor, damage)
TIE: Falco, Fox (Speed, knockback, comboability)

Low Tier

Peach (Knockback)
Samus (Multiple hits)
Ness (Multiple hits)
Kirby (Multiple hits, knockback)

Bottom Tier

Pikachu (...)
Pichu (..............................)

I guess everyone agrees that Pichu and Pikachu have horrible F-Airs.
Critique. ^^

Firstoff, You put Ganon and Doc a little bit too high. Ganon and Doc have rather significant startup lag with their F-airs. For the same reason, Falcon's fair should be a little lower.

Yoshi's F-air is better than Mario's. It's stronger and when abused with DJC, it is hard to intercept. Mario's can't do **** at low percentages due to its very low knockback though. Both of them can be meteor canceled anyway, so really, they're not all that good for getting kills anyway.

Dude, Bowser's F-air is seriously godly. It gets blastzone kills quite easily, and let's not forget that Bowser has one of the BEST ledgeguarding games in all of Smash. Considering that his f-air easily gets people off the stage, that makes a lot of people vulnerable to his B-air, f-tilt, ledge getup attack, etc. Seriously Bowser kicks major butt once he gets people off the stage. Bowser's f-air is freaking crazy. And yet you say Mario and Yoshi have a better fair than him. >_>

G&W's f-air is better than you give credit for. Sweetspotted, it's a legitimately awesome kill move that has a disjointed hitbox that activates quickly, and can be L-canceled. It outranges and outprioritizes most other attacks, and still does a little damage while it is held out.

Ness's F-air is actually good, because of its mad disjointed hitbox and long duration. He can really push enemies off the stage with it and outprioritize most other attacks with this attack. It's easy to sweetspot and does great damage. All in all it's a great move that is hard for opponents to get around.

Y link's f-air is better than Link's since it activates faster. Falco's f-air is better than Fox's since Falco has longer reach. (although you shouldn't use Fox or Falco's F-air ever) =P

Kirby's f-air is another useful one that should be mid tier at least. It is one of Kirby's faster aerial attacks, has excellent range, and good duration. The third hit has good knockback, but the other hits are still legitimately good for approaching enemies. That one should be higher.

Yeah, I also made an f-air tier on the previous page from where you posted yours.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Why is Ness's Fair so good? It just hits a few times... Or am I missing something? :confused:

Eh, the Knee and Sheik's Fair are on the SmashWiki semi-spike page, but I guess it IS more horizontal than slightly down... Like Marth's tipped D-Tilt. :confused:

SiD

Smash Master
Why is Ness's Fair so good? It just hits a few times... Or am I missing something? :confused:

Eh, the Knee and Sheik's Fair are on the SmashWiki semi-spike page, but I guess it IS more horizontal than slightly down... Like Marth's tipped D-Tilt. :confused:
It has range, is disjointed, and it's hella fast.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Bowser's F-air is seriously godly. It gets blastzone kills quite easily, and let's not forget that Bowser has one of the BEST ledgeguarding games in all of Smash. Considering that his f-air easily gets people off the stage, that makes a lot of people vulnerable to his B-air, f-tilt, ledge getup attack, etc. Seriously Bowser kicks major butt once he gets people off the stage. Bowser's f-air is freaking crazy. And yet you say Mario and Yoshi have a better fair than him. >_>

this Man speaks the truth, thats what i've been saying all along ^^, All of this is my opinion btw.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Ness's f-air has good range and priority. It has long duration and sweetspots at the end of the move. It is more defensive than offensive, but does a great job of keeping Ness safe. It's not your killing kind of F-air. It's the kind of F-air that keeps you from getting killed by something like Falcon's Knee. Ness approaches very effectively with his f-air, so once he gets an enemy caught in it, the last hit sends them a little distance enough to give Ness breating room.

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i believe that nesses fair is best for aproaches, because of multiple hits and various sweetspots, but yeah.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
THe kneed to say which is the best fair... well.. .there is no kneed, as many should already know it, if you dont, I will kneed to hit you, HARD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If you're saying like many that the Knee is the best F-air, I'm opting to disagree on a logical basis.

Now seriously, Ken Combo is better than The Knee. There's a reason why Marth is higher tier than Falcon. The Knee has pretty low priority, range, and a situational sweetspot. Marth's f-air has huge range and priority, not to mention it has no startup lag unlike the Knee. Marth can push people off the stage with it and D-air spike people to death probably at lower percentages than the Knee could ever hope for, and because of its obscene range, he pretty much never risks getting counterattacked directly.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm saying, the Knee really only starts to work when comboing into it or by someone else screwing up. If it had better priority and range, like Ganon's f-air, then it would be top tier. The problem with it is that Falcon's Knee is pretty small compared to the rest of his body, where as many other F-airs are larger compared to the character using them, so the Knee is easier to outprioritize in that sense. Again not helping is that the Knee actually has noticeable starting lag, so it can't really be used as an approach.

Xela

Smash Rookie
True that but thats what makes it a good move, most of his other moves don't kill except the down smash. And the fair either kills them, knocks them back far enough so you can finish them off by edge guard or even link it to the uair.

Ness is so fun with his fair, i love doing the second jump cancel, or whatever you call it with that move while fast falling. Depending on certain characters you can link a few of those fair attacks together.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Right, right! *Facepalm* How could I forget the DJC?! I'm so stoopid... I suppose with that, Ness' Fair is pretty good. And Bowser's, with the Knee of Godliness/Manliness a LITTLE bit lower. Perhaps my Falcon-maining makes me biased.

And of course, who can forget the Ken Combo?! SH Double Fair, SH Double Fair, SH Double Fair, Dair SPIKE!

Seems I made serious errors. Oh well, the character tier list is also debated! :)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
True that but thats what makes it a good move, most of his other moves don't kill except the down smash. And the fair either kills them, knocks them back far enough so you can finish them off by edge guard or even link it to the uair.
By that logic, I am to assume then that Captain Falcon is not that good because of a lack of kill options, which is totally untrue. >_>

Besides, Bowser's f-air can do exactly what you said about Falcon's, except better btw since Bowser is a much scarier ledgeguarding machine, and his F-air actually has range rivaling that of Marth's and high priority to boot, unlike Falcon's.

Captain Falcon also gets blastzone kills using his Forward Smash and his B-air, and occasionally the Falcon Punch, all of which have plenty of knockback. The B-air comes out faster than his F-air moreover so that actually can be used in approach more easily than the Knee, thus if you ask me, it is more useful. The Knee is rather situational and requires good combo setup and mindgame to be of any use, otherwise it's rather punishable by itself.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
MArth- Range, Combos
Bowser- Range, knockback, sets up for edgeguarding
Ness- Annoyance, Defense, DJCing this opens up HELLA doors for Ness's options.
Ganon- Range comparable to Marth, Knockback comparable to Knee

And to all those saying Jiggz. NO. Jiggz is better at using a worse move. Her fair isn't bad by far but it's definitely not the best.

Binx

Smash Master
MArth- Range, Combos
Bowser- Range, knockback, sets up for edgeguarding
Ness- Annoyance, Defense, DJCing this opens up HELLA doors for Ness's options.
Ganon- Range comparable to Marth, Knockback comparable to Knee

And to all those saying Jiggz. NO. Jiggz is better at using a worse move. Her fair isn't bad by far but it's definitely not the best.
I remember saying the same thing about jiggs one day and I put in the point about her having something akin to Marths fair and how broken she would be (omg metaknight is this character) But yeah I can see how Marth's fair would be better than Falcons, although a properly L canceled knee into shield creates enough stun to enjoy a grab I believe, so that should be put higher than bowsers, Ganon's is pretty sexy too.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Actually, I heard that Falcon's Knee gets some invul frames. Is that true? That would explain me kneeing a full charge shot from Samus. O_O

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
lulz at video. The Knee still is not the best F-air.

Marth's f-air is the best, because the Ken Combo is too good. No startup lag, great comboability, and D-air SPIKE which pretty much kills everything at wickedly low percentages. Knee has noticeable startup lag, short range, and it's not hard to outprioritize if Captain Falcon spaces himself badly, so it's not a very good combo starter in itself. Starting deadly combos >>> Ending deadly combos.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Marth is best, combo to so many kill moves is important.
(being a game and watch player) G&W is probable the most important fair to a charactars meta-game being his big combo move and sometimes a kill/edge-guard. Don't kill me =p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Marth is best, combo to so many kill moves is important.
(being a game and watch player) G&W is probable the most important fair to a charactars meta-game being his big combo move and sometimes a kill/edge-guard. Don't kill me =p
Actually, if you are saying who benefits MOST from their F-air, I'd suggest Bowser since it adds a new level of speed to Bowser's game when he's usually otherwise quite slow, and it gets people off the stage, which is CRUCIAL for Bowser since he's got one of the best ledgeguarding games in all of Smash. That's just my opinion though and I like Bowser. =P

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I've seen the WoP mentioned several times in this thread, but isn't the WoP just a Bairspam? For what i know its used with the Bair, not Fair, i might be wrong though.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Sheiks is the best. The knee is overrated. Shiek's comes out faster and is just as effective as the knee. The knee is hard to land and sometimes doesn't do any knockback. Sheik's Fair is a great combo finisher to any combo and comes out fast.

StickyChopstix

Smash Rookie
the one problem i have with shiek's stupid fair is that I'm used to marth's and doc's fair. With Marth you have the range of the sword the fact that you (must?) hit with the tip whereas with sheik you must get a bit closer to pull it off. With Doc you must wait what feels like one ice age to pass by for the move to execute. I just can't pull off sheik's fair without hitting the air in front of my opponent's face and looking like a fool and thinking "why the hell am I hitting the air in front of him...?"

that being said, the few times i DO pull them off it feels good so im gonna have to go with sheik's fair =)

and i must say i can't control falcons movement physics for the life of me @.@ so i don't really like trying to chase my enemy with falcon let alone try to land a **** fair xD

Well, you can't necessarily judge which is best because they have variant uses.

Sheik's Fair is for power and KO ability, at low percentages it can be used to string attacks together.

Marth's Fair is good for grab openings and well spaced attacks.

Falcon's Knee has limited utilities, but has great KO potential.

These are examples mind you. Each characters fair can't be the best because the utilization of each move doesn't share many common traits. Each move has potential benifits that can enhance the chances of your character winning in a battle.

=D

Top Bottom