• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHERE YOU AT(CANCELLED - Mods please delete)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Those venues are way to big lmao! Cot4 had like 300 people! I don't expect more then 70-100 people, just rent something cheap that can at least hold 300 people :p
Yeah, that's why I'm looking into more venues now. Plus I heard the first 2 venues I was thinking of cost an arm and a leg to rent. So that's exactly what I'm looking for now; something cheap to hold 70-100 people.

Greg_2390

Smash Rookie
write Greg down for melee singles, and ill bring either a cube or a wii with melee, will see what i have laying around by june.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
There isn't really a projected amount. I just don't want to have a venue that can't hold enough people if more than expected show up. Virtually no tourneys have been held in this area before so we can't really project an amount of people. All I know is we have almost 40 signups on the first post...still a little more than 2 months to go though.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully after this, the Smash scene for Chatham and Windsor gets a little better and stuff, huh? I really need some help with Melee. xD

G U R U

Smash Lord
Hopefully after this, the Smash scene for Chatham and Windsor gets a little better and stuff, huh? I really need some help with Melee. xD
Yep that's pretty much the point of the tournament. This area needs more smashers. Me and Zen are always happy to help people learn melee.

If I get an apartment soon like I plan then I'm down for bi-weeklies. Even if its only 10 or so people it'll be cool.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
Yep that's pretty much the point of the tournament. This area needs more smashers. Me and Zen are always happy to help people learn melee.

If I get an apartment soon like I plan then I'm down for bi-weeklies. Even if its only 10 or so people it'll be cool.
Yeah, if I see stuff beginning to happen with Smash in Chatham after the tournament, I'll try to make it to everything I can.

Kaybee

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm a long time reader, first time poster.
I'm posting to confirm 3 for Brawl.

We can bring a wii, brawl and melee...

sgthands

Smash Cadet

pft sgthands can teach people to

Wafflefish

Smash Rookie
So it turns out I have more friends than I thought, we have a fourth coming.. so we can play doubles.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Venue update: I've found a suitable venue... It's not one of the two originally listed, but it's cheap, it has plenty of electrical outlets, and it has a ****ing mini-golf course outside. The only issue is space. The max capacity for the entire building is 125, but almost half of that space is for the restaurant seating which is connected to the building (awesome place for everyone at the tourney to get food by the way...you can never go wrong with $4 for a 16oz burger).

If anyone remembers the venue for "Prepare Yourself" in Brampton; this place is a little bit bigger than the room Brawl was in. The building is air conditioned so it shouldn't get too warm. Fire code for the building forbids extension cords though. We can use power bars, just no long extension cords, so all TV's and setups would be against the walls around the perimeter of the room with space to walk around in the middle.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
Venue update: I've found a suitable venue... It's not one of the two originally listed, but it's cheap, it has plenty of electrical outlets, and it has a ****ing mini-golf course outside. The only issue is space. The max capacity for the entire building is 125, but almost half of that space is for the restaurant seating which is connected to the building (awesome place for everyone at the tourney to get food by the way...you can never go wrong with $4 for a 16oz burger).

If anyone remembers the venue for "Prepare Yourself" in Brampton; this place is a little bit bigger than the room Brawl was in. The building is air conditioned so it shouldn't get too warm. Fire code for the building forbids extension cords though. We can use power bars, just no long extension cords, so all TV's and setups would be against the walls around the perimeter of the room with space to walk around in the middle.
Aw, I was kinda hoping it would be at the Wheels, but ah well, these things happen.

So, where is this place, exactly?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Aw, I was kinda hoping it would be at the Wheels, but ah well, these things happen.

So, where is this place, exactly?
The wheels charges $1000 for a room and you have to get catering and it's way bigger than what we need.

The venue I'm looking at now is the Chatham Golf & Fun Centre. There's a back room attached to the restaurant that can be rented out for events at $250 for the day. This is a much more reasonable price, and there should still be enough room for everything.

Boomy

Smash Apprentice
The wheels charges $1000 for a room and you have to get catering and it's way bigger than what we need.

The venue I'm looking at now is the Chatham Golf & Fun Centre. There's a back room attached to the restaurant that can be rented out for events at $250 for the day. This is a much more reasonable price, and there should still be enough room for everything.
And I take it that spectators ARE still allowed, yes?

Xelyst

-_-
who the **** are all of these random Chatham ppl.... we should have gotten the word out like 3+ years ago lol...

edit: sgthands is a good player btw ...

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
This thread fell really far down the page and I just wanted to post here to ensure everyone that this is NOT dead. There just haven't been any important updates to talk about.

With that said the venue fee structure is probably going to change for the better (for you guys). The most likely venue we'll be using is cheap enough that we won't need to charge a venue fee to spectators (meaning if you don't enter any events you won't have to pay a venue fee). I want to make this change because I told someone through PM's that there wouldn't be any sort of spectator fee, but later on someone convinced me that charging a venue fee to spectators was a good idea and I had forgotten what I said in those PM's....

Anyway there's still a lot that can change.

nasir123

Smash Ace
hey guys any1 wanna team..
i got good tourny's placings lately
play snake and m/k and IC but not IC in doubles
annd most immportantly im brawl so yeah guys who wants to team with a brown kid:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Top Bottom