• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where you AGT? The Official Toon Link General Discussion/ Video Thread!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace

B.W.

Smash Champion
Hard to judge. It seemed like you knew what you were doing, but at the same time, that CF clearly didn't know what he was doing. There was tons of stuff you definitely should have, and would have, gotten punished for.

The only thing I can say at this point is there was too much raw arrow. Arrows are okay, but in such an enclosed space, you'll get blown up for just popping an arrow off. Usually, imo, you don't want to use your arrows unless your boomerang is not currently available to you.

QraQ

Smash Ace
Hard to judge. It seemed like you knew what you were doing, but at the same time, that CF clearly didn't know what he was doing. There was tons of stuff you definitely should have, and would have, gotten punished for.

The only thing I can say at this point is there was too much raw arrow. Arrows are okay, but in such an enclosed space, you'll get blown up for just popping an arrow off. Usually, imo, you don't want to use your arrows unless your boomerang is not currently available to you.
Yeah I usually use arrows for pressure more than anything. Cut off an area of approach, then just read their path.

Thanks for the tips!

B.W.

Smash Champion
Problem with using arrows in such a way is that their recovery time isn't good. If that CF were to Dash-Dance like he should have been doing, a quickly popped off arrow would have been DD'd away from and he would have just turned around and knee'd you in your massive T.Link head. Likewise, a charged arrow is easy to see coming and he could have used platforms to get around you and also knee you in your massive T.Link head.

This comes from experience from when my step-brother knees me in my massive T.Link head...

QraQ

Smash Ace
Oi, what about me?
I said like exactly the same thing, minus the arrows.
:p
Sorry you were right too I just didn't get around to confirming lol. The guy I played is an up and coming player and he doesn't Falcon much.
I really just wanted my movement, AT, neutral and inside game analyzed.

Thanks for the tips!

D

Deleted member

I gimp people with arrows/throw out an arrow and put out a dair. It always works

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Arrows are okay. They're the worst of his three projectiles, but they most definitely have a use.

Anyone interested in a TL Skype group? Let's talk to Jolteon about why Toon Link is a top-10 character.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I'd be more interested if I had the time these days. I haven't even really played for over a month.

D

Deleted member

A TL Skype group would be cool, I have been playing a lot of TL on wifi and I played a bit at LTC. Definitely noticing some potential.

D

Deleted member

People think hes low tier because they've never played against one. That REALLY bothers me.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
People think hes low tier because they've never played against one. That REALLY bothers me.
This is very, VERY true, hell, I've never even played a YL main before, been playing for over 7 years.
Closest is Caveman, he's super old school, and didn't really main him.

D

Deleted member

I just played in my local P:M Monthlies this weekend and got 2nd with TL. I played marth like one or two matches but every game that I won, was with TL. Won first round, lost to oracle, and then I ran a train through losers. I was nervous about not just playing marth the entire tournament but I think it worked out because this is the highest I've ever placed. (I think I heard they're gonna ask around some boards and see how to deal with tink :()
http://smashboards.com/threads/dime...4th-2013-plano-tx.340026/page-8#post-15821096 for results.
:toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink:

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I just played in my local P:M Monthlies this weekend and got 2nd with TL. I played marth like one or two matches but every game that I won, was with TL. Won first round, lost to oracle, and then I ran a train through losers. I was nervous about not just playing marth the entire tournament but I think it worked out because this is the highest I've ever placed. (I think I heard they're gonna ask around some boards and see how to deal with tink :()
http://smashboards.com/threads/dime...4th-2013-plano-tx.340026/page-8#post-15821096 for results.
:toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink: :toonlink:

Good stuff, congrats on your placing. :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
I wish I could place high, but Oro, Rat and Kirk are all jerks along with the rest of the Midwest players

Rat

Smash Lord
Someone called me a jerk!? I'm here to beat you up BW.

Also go to more events.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I want to go to more events, but my car broke down and I now have no way to get there since Erin's constantly working.

Doesn't help that my job likes me to work the same time the events run usually.

AznGamer405

Smash Cadet
Welp. Smashboards is finally up.

I started to record videos of my Toon Link as of last month, and actually have some recent footage on hand from yesterday.

You guys wouldn't mind if I place'em all here right?

I actually have a lot on me.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Someone explain The Magic Hat. I just found it and I don't understand. Please send help. But in all seriousness what even is that spike hitbox on his downair. It's a fire of lust and hate in his cap. What's the point of it? What's it's origin? Why can't I stop laughing til I weep.

D

Deleted member

It's a meteor hitbox iirc... Not a spike. Fire Meteor just doesn't sound cool so it was called fire spike.
Anyways its just a hitbox in the hilt of tls sword/partway into his head that hits you down. I have some smexy combos and uses out of it.

AznGamer405

Smash Cadet
Alright. I was gonna hold off until I finally had ALL of the clips I recorded, but half of them are with a friend of mine, so I can't exactly upload them as of yet.

I'll show off what I have though.

Me vs Snake/ZSS (Best of 3) - 9/19/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHXQrgdM0Ag&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmrt1syyql1hf74Usn4RDxQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTfFo0yQ0ak&list=UUmrt1syyql1hf74Usn4RDxQ

Me vs DDD (Best of Seven) - 9/19/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS_L...ew-vl&list=PLnlhbqKWCybVf3NGAk_u6oXBqcawuzuNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpqEI-Clpo&list=PLnlhbqKWCybVf3NGAk_u6oXBqcawuzuNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBqbBzyNAo&list=PLnlhbqKWCybVf3NGAk_u6oXBqcawuzuNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43gz2HX1Lw&list=PLnlhbqKWCybVf3NGAk_u6oXBqcawuzuNw

The ones I'm missing are my Tink vs Mario and Ike respectively - Which were recorded about a month ago. I'll post them asap.

There's also some more friendly games I have on my channel, if any of you are interested.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

D

Deleted member

I feel like theres only a few active TLs... I want to discuss so much TL stuff but there's not enough people to constantly keep something going.
Skype Group somebody?

B.W.

Smash Champion
Skype group is a good idea. I'm going to start playing P:M again. I've been taking a break from the game. I think it's about time to go back to it.

D

Deleted member

My Skype is My smashboards username, ZachAttax64. Anybody who wants to start a skype group, add me and we can get it going :colorful: :toonlink:

AznGamer405

Smash Cadet
I'll add you once, I get my Skype working again.

On another note, does anyone have any critiques for my Toon Link? lol.

Top Bottom