• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When Did You Realize Smash Was The Greatest Fighting Game Of All Time?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
♥When I realized I'll be straightening out baboons like the one above me. ;)

*starts reminiscing*
love you too. ^_^
<3
riiiiight

I miss N64 smash. I'll be sure to get my N64 back for my kids later on in life.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♥Don't worry Mr. Jwins, Mr. Sasuke knows what I'm talking about. ;)

Alopex

Smash Ace
Don't feel like arguing; wasting my time.

Typing words; wasting my time.

Just stating opinions, getting flamed, reading this; wasting my time.

Leaving this thread; getting some time.
I wouldn't call anything that I typed a flame. Your opinion was exactly what I was trying to get you to state. "I can't remember" doesn't really explain anything.

Binx

Smash Master
The first time I played SSB64 with someone who was better than I was. Then when I found out how savage melee was, after that I just couldn't enjoy another fighting game, I love the freedom of movement, the combos, the mind games, melee is so sexy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
When I first heard Captain Falcon tell me to show him my moves.......i've now been showin them for the past 8 years.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
People say Smash Brothers 64, but yet there are still not many people playing Smash Brothers 64 online.

If you want to know how to play online go to the "Super Smash Brothers 64" section of this website!

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
when i had been playing for a few years daily and had never heard about any advanced techniques. then i went to a tournament and chudat was beating people with one hand. and he showed me how ice climbers are the best. thanks chu!

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
when I saw the ad...

they dont make commercials like they used to...

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Keywords:

WaveDashing
L-Canceling
SHFFL
DI
Edgehogging/guarding
Backdodge
Strife.

All of the things that make the game Technical.
Which means it is harder then most games.
A.K.A - The harder the game to play, the better it is.

Cemetery

Smash Apprentice
I just enjoy taking the best nintendo/third party character and just beating the -censor- out of the other ******** characters.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
when i grabbed and down threw a jiggly puff, then c4 planted jab to nair grenade drop then mortar, grenade stalled the nade blew up jiggly with the nade then finished it off with the c4 plant. "When snake fsmashes he doesn't blast the character away he blasts the stage away from the character..."- C4MC

Spellman

Smash Ace
When Smash came out and I realized I was having as much (if not more fun) with a 2D game as I did with 3D games, and that the multiplayer action never became stale, I knew I was playing a winner.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Smash is a party game, not a fighting game. That's like calling Mario Kart Grand Turismo.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Smash is a party game, not a fighting game. That's like calling Mario Kart Grand Turismo.
You kind of have it right, because items and stage hazards make it hard to be a fighting game.

Same thing with Mario Kart. Bleh, oh well. It IS Nintendo. This is their idea of a fighting game, so I'll go along with it.

Oh, and Super Mario Sluggers. Lol.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I've played Mortal Kombat, Tekken and other fighting games, but the depth and nostalgia set it apart as "best" for me.

Top Bottom