• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amide

Smash Lord
Ever notice that when people say Brawl>Melee, they can't think of ways that Brawl's better when it comes to gameplay. Because deep down, you don't care about stickers, or the new one player mode, or the improved homerun contest if the game isn't as fun.

Brawl fans bring up what wasn't as good (in their opinion) as people thought of in Melee. Oh yeah, and Brawl isn't Melee 2.0. I get it. WDing isn't an AT, it's a glitch! Well, it's a glitch that made the game better.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Sometimes I wonder what took them so long to make brawl, I mean seriously.

Look at the gap of the releases between melee and 64, it is very small.

They added so much in melee. NOt only in terms of game mechanics, but melee introduced trophies, stadium mode, adventure, a random classic mode, a random all star mode, event matches, special matches, and maybe some more things I am forgetting about.

What did they put in brawl? Boss battles and coop stadium/events, and stickers as well as songs. Only one of those is a new play mode, the second is an expansion on what they added in melee, and stickers don't really have that much to them to really want to get unlike trophies. The stage builder is very limited. You can take snapshots and replays which is nice but that's about it. It's sad because they worked on these gimmicks when in reality they were in melee all along.

Nesveri

Smash Rookie

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Dont say anything to Zema.
He's a huge troll from a while back, and obviously still doesn't care about anything we say.
I care about what you say, I just don't support it. We all have opinions, no? Okay, so I'll admit I was a bit wrong in the past (even the foxfalcoandmarth), but now that I look at it I don't feel like anything had accomplished anything. New people can be like that. I still don't support things like tiers, glitches (pardon the term), and haters against a game, but I do think that Brawl should be given more time before being judged.

I didn't like Melee's speedy elements at first, but I learned to fight with it and I love Melee, but I find Brawl more fun. Is that so wrong? I mean, sure, I was not very happy with the slowed pace, but it seems fine to me now.

Sorry if I gave everyone the wrong impression, but I'm just trying to make a decent conversation (yes, sometimes I was trolling a bit, but I don't want to do that).

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
A Melee 2.0 would be effin awesome.

I do think that Brawl should be given more time before being judged.
And what would that change? It's been more than 6 month since it's release. And nothing has changed much.

Best101

Smash Ace
The first day I started playing. I tried to do some combos but I realized that everyone in the game recovered as fast (or faster) as Luigi did in Melee. Then the gameplay was slowed down tremendously and because of that I got bored pretty quickly after I beat the Subspace

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I realize I didn't like brawl as much when I realized that camping in some way is the correct answer for everything.

I still play it though >_> its fun cuz everyone plays it.

Kaorin - awesome avatar ;)

Ikusa

Smash Rookie
***** and moan moar plz.......

WOW this is a disappointment.......... seriously i thought smash fans wouldn't be this bad but seriously you guys are a bunch of *****es for putting down brawl like this..... They came out with a crap load of characters, new stages, better graphics and all you can say is that it was worse then melee.

I'm sorry but you guys are living in the past because i got bored of melee like 3 years ago. I'm still playing brawl all most every weekend with my friends and i wont get bored with it for months and months to come... So you can go play melee but ill stick to brawl because frankly the content in the game was just THAT much better. I feel some of the changes to the characters were deffinatly needed. especially that ******* samus i was so relieved when she was nerfed.

Reborn_Fox

Smash Apprentice
WOW this is a disappointment.......... seriously i thought smash fans wouldn't be this bad but seriously you guys are a bunch of *****es for putting down brawl like this..... They came out with a crap load of characters, new stages, better graphics and all you can say is that it was worse then melee.

I'm sorry but you guys are living in the past because i got bored of melee like 3 years ago. I'm still playing brawl all most every weekend with my friends and i wont get bored with it for months and months to come... So you can go play melee but ill stick to brawl because frankly the content in the game was just THAT much better. I feel some of the changes to the characters were deffinatly needed. especially that ******* samus i was so relieved when she was nerfed.
All i can say is stfu.... Do u have a right to talk anywhere in this forum when u say u got bored of the game and u now come bak wit an opinion? shut up an get on the brawl forums.. I mean honestly ppl like u are ********, u obv. dont know **** esp. when u talk about a mid tier needin to get nerf. But ur a prime example of ppl who cant play melees technical playstyle and needed it nubbed up so u could stand a little of a chance. And the bad part is u still fail at both games so shut up an delete ur account

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
They came out with a crap load of characters, new stages, better graphics and all you can say is that it was worse then melee.
All of which don't matter if the gameplay wasn't that great.

[/QUOTE]I'm sorry but you guys are living in the past[/QUOTE]
No we're not. We have the option to play both in our current time and we choose Melee.[/QUOTE]

because i got bored of melee like 3 years ago. I'm still playing brawl all most every weekend with my friends and i wont get bored with it for months and months to come...
And that certaintly applies to all of us.

especially that ******* samus i was so relieved when she was nerfed.
SHE WASN'T EVEN THAT GOOD TO BEGIN WITH!!!

Seriously, your like a Brainless cat that is too dumb to know it's stupid. GTFO.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
My thread is hot shizzz:) lol. I hate the automatic sweetspot on brawl iswell.... no skill is involved in having the ability to Up B from anyway and grab the ledge straight away.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Ikusa - Just so you know I actually play and enjoy Brawl. Assist trophies are fun :laugh: (Yes I do play brawl without items too. But brawl with items are far more fun >_<).

Also Samus wasn't good to begin with there was no need for her to get nerfed at all....

And Fox is ugly in brawl T_T so is some of yoshi's moves.

professor pro - Auto-sweetspot is so stupid I so agree.

Reborn_Fox

Smash Apprentice
only things i really hate in the gameplay of brawl besides it bein floaty is the auto sweet spot cuz it makes edguarding hard and the auto wall jump... everytime i do it i kill my self cuz it positions me weird.. Juz more mind games they take out

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Just now. I just finished playing a few matches against a computer opponent in melee. I actually combo'd them. It was weird but now I see what people mean when they say melee has more options than brawl. So melee is better than brawl for me now.

After playing brawl though I find melee's defense underpowered. But that's not really an issue. I thought gravity was a bit too strong but I after a while I got used to it. I still LIKE brawl and will still practice it. I can actually fight real life people in brawl. Still if I can get my friend to come over next weekend we will be playing more melee than brawl.

Captain Falcon is so much fun in Melee

Ryan-K

Smash Master
to waste your time.wich i am doing a good job of. for if I were to give you an reasonable statements youd give me crap a fiveyear old could write.
If you've ever wondered why melee people are "jerks", then here is your reason.

Also melee has pretty good defensive options, it isn't limited at all. WD out of shield allows most characters to punish almsot anything as long as the stun isn't too high. You can DD camp. If you wanna see underpowered defense play 64 lol. There is also CCing in melee or wd back on reaction and punish. There alot of defensive options in melee but unlike brawl none of them are really broken.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
If you've ever wondered why melee people are "jerks", then here is your reason.

Also melee has pretty good defensive options, it isn't limited at all. WD out of shield allows most characters to punish almsot anything as long as the stun isn't too high. You can DD camp. If you wanna see underpowered defense play 64 lol. There is also CCing in melee or wd back on reaction and punish. There alot of defensive options in melee but unlike brawl none of them are really broken.
There's also ways to pressure the living **** out of them and NOT get punished.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
I defintly still play brawl because my bros play it and even though i havent played melee in like 3 weeks i still think its way better mostly because u have more options to punish idiot moves and punish spammers.

I really got to pick up ssb64 again its hilariusly fun ;D

**** melee is fun as hell too bad my brother will NEVER pick it up

Miharu

Smash Hero
What about GAMEPLAY? The **** is with you idiots and not giving a **** about a game's physics/mechanics, but only caring about aesthetic appeal? You realize many come here to play smash competitively and thus improve as such.

Brawl is regarded as being inferior to Melee in terms of gameplay. Care to address that?

I'm sorry but you guys are living in the past because i got bored of melee like 3 years ago.
Because you were bad it? It's understandable for one to get bored of a game that they lose at 99% of the time.

I'm still playing brawl all most every weekend with my friends and i wont get bored with it for months and months to come... So you can go play melee but ill stick to brawl because frankly the content in the game was just THAT much better.
What about gameplay? Or do you just play Brawl to mash buttons with the hope that you'll win? I prefer to play with the outcome under my control, not at the whim of some idiotic mechanic.

I feel some of the changes to the characters were deffinatly needed. especially that ******* samus i was so relieved when she was nerfed.
Yeah, good joke. Samus wasn't even that overpowered in Melee; stick to your scrub games fillied with rolling and smash spamming.

Not even worth wasting my ****ing time on.

And to those out there that are wondering about my real opinion on Brawl, I have nothing against it as a game. Just gets annoying when you have those who say that it's a definitively better game than Melee is based on its aesthetic appeal. Probably one of the worst arguments you can make on a semi-competitive forum.

otg

Smash Master
What about GAMEPLAY? The **** is with you idiots and not giving a **** about a game's physics/mechanics, but only caring about aesthetic appeal? You realize many come here to play smash competitively and thus improve as such.

Brawl is regarded as being inferior to Melee in terms of gameplay. Care to address that?

Because you were bad it? It's understandable for one to get bored of a game that they lose at 99% of the time.

What about gameplay? Or do you just play Brawl to mash buttons with the hope that you'll win? I prefer to play with the outcome under my control, not at the whim of some idiotic mechanic.

Yeah, good joke. Samus wasn't even that overpowered in Melee; stick to your scrub games fillied with rolling and smash spamming.

Not even worth wasting my ****ing time on.

And to those out there that are wondering about my real opinion on Brawl, I have nothing against it as a game. Just gets annoying when you have those who say that it's a definitively better game than Melee is based on its aesthetic appeal. Probably one of the worst arguments you can make on a semi-competitive forum.

Amen. I completely agree. Brawlers really can't refute this argument so they continue with the same train of though: "New characters and better graphics! MELEE SUCKS." Seriously, someone give a LEGITIMATE argument as to why Brawl is better than Melee competitively.

And once again, just because a whole lot of people are playing the game, doesn't make it worthy of competitive play. My friends and I are competitive about Mario Party, but you don't see it played for thousands of dollars.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Amen. I completely agree. Brawlers really can't refute this argument so they continue with the same train of though: "New characters and better graphics! MELEE SUCKS." Seriously, someone give a LEGITIMATE argument as to why Brawl is better than Melee competitively.

And once again, just because a whole lot of people are playing the game, doesn't make it worthy of competitive play. My friends and I are competitive about Mario Party, but you don't see it played for thousands of dollars.
Technically someone could argue that brawl is better. They could say they like the slowness of the game and auto-sweetspoting but they would just be a failure.

Does anyone know a thread where people talk about melee being a terrible game, I just want to lool at them.

Grunt

Smash Master
OMG MELEE IS 2 FAST AND UR USIN GLITCHEZ 2 WIN!!!1
plus ALL YOU EVER DO IS PLEY FAWKEZ AND...AN MARTH!!!11!1

No, i don't think so.
Brawl people don't have to worry about their game dying off.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OMG MELEE IS 2 FAST AND UR USIN GLITCHEZ 2 WIN!!!1
plus ALL YOU EVER DO IS PLEY FAWKEZ AND...AN MARTH!!!11!1

No, i don't think so.
Brawl people don't have to worry about their game dying off.
Melee isn't too fast, brawl is too slow. If you cant handle the speed stay out the game.
loool You fail at life and most likely everythingelse. What glitches are we using... wavedashing isn't a glitch it was known it was in the game but wasn't seen useful and the majority of people dont use marth and I for one am of those people. Just the majority of pros use marth.
Brawl is a terrible game and nothing in comparison to melee.

Grunt

Smash Master
Melee isn't too fast, brawl is too slow. If you cant handle the speed stay out the game.
loool You fail at life and most likely everythingelse. What glitches are we using... wavedashing isn't a glitch it was known it was in the game but wasn't seen useful and the majority of people dont use marth and I for one am of those people. Just the majority of pros use marth.
Brawl is a terrible game and nothing in comparison to melee.
:X
i cant tell, you know i was joking right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom