• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's YOUR religion?

What's your religion?

• Christian- Fundamentalist

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Christian- Catholic

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • Christian- Protestant

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Christian- Liberal

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Christian- Orthodox

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Christian- Mormon

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Christian- Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Taoism

• Judaism

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Hinduism

• Weak Atheism

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • Strong Atheism

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Deism

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baha'i

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scientology

• Wicca

• Islam- Sunni

• Islam- Shi'a

• Total voters

Zink

Smash Champion
Church of FSM is tantamount to saying strong atheist.

PS go Catholics, winning woot. Funny, the percentage of us in SWF is close to the percentage in the US!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Weak Athiest. Used to be a strong blooded catholic, then said to myself one day, "Why? How?" I became intuned with the real world, I believe in Science mainly. I'll still go to church sometimes, like if it is a holiday or if someone in my family just died, but otherwise I am Athiest

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
I keep seeing people saying stuff like 'you believe in science or you believe in Christianity'. I know that there are certain parts of science which are in conflict with Christian beliefs, but mostly science and Christianity don't argue.

I'm a pretty 'weak' atheist in that I believe that there is the possibility of a god, but I'm not believing that there is a god, much less one that a major religion believes in, until I see real proof.

Zink

Smash Champion
Uncle Meat winz. There is no contradiction between Christianity and science as is commonly believed.
I have thought upon this, and I have also decided that there is no arguement for evolution vs pure creationism either. Not that they don't mutually contradict, just that there is no argument, solution, or line of reasoning that leads to a victory for either. Plus the battle is completely irrelevant.
PS: Wasn't Wicca the fastest growing religion in 2006?

JFox

Smash Hero
Can someone enlighten me on what exactly Wicca is? I'm just curious...

Oh and personally, I'm a weak atheist. I don't think I know there is no God, but I certainly doubt there is one. But if for some reason I was given reason to believe there was one, I wouldn't mind believing in him despite the shunning look of disapproval I predict many atheists would get when reading my post. :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If I was given proof I would believe too... but there's enough proof against God that I have no reason to believe.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Canada scars me....not being racist....but it does :(
I wasn't aware that Canadians were a race.

EDIT: The world needs religion. There is no proof of existence. Its just a state of mind.good, evil, life, death are true and religion explains it. :) all based on thought which religion centers on
What do you mean, "the world needs religion?" If you said, "some people need religion", I might agree with you, but it's definitely not true that everybody does. I should know. After all, I'm doing just fine without it.

It's not like I'm trying to say people shouldn't be religious, mind you, but I don't think you can rightly say that religion is absolutely necessary.

Oh and personally, I'm a weak atheist. I don't think I know there is no God, but I certainly doubt there is one. But if for some reason I was given reason to believe there was one, I wouldn't mind believing in him despite the shunning look of disapproval I predict many atheists would get when reading my post. :)
I agree completely.

If I was given proof I would believe too... but there's enough proof against God that I have no reason to believe.
Well, one can argue against the Christian God, because that God has certain traits and is supposed to have done certain things that can be shown to be contradictory with either facts or logic.

However, one cannot logically or factually argue against God, if by God you mean a supernatural, omniscient, omnipotent entity. There's no way you can disprove that concept.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Just don't vote or pick the closest one because I wish you luck in trying to get BBT to get on smashboards and update the poll.

By the way, mormons for president. Literally. (Mitt Ramney)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
what am i supposed to see. it says let him know if he 4got anything.
i fall under both these groups:

Christianity-baptist
Christianity-non denominational
There's no way you can possibly both baptist and non-denominational. Baptist is a denomination.

It's like being a bald man with an afro. Can't be done.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
There's no way you can possibly both baptist and non-denominational. Baptist is a denomination.

It's like being a bald man with an afro. Can't be done.
actually there pretty much the same thing. there names are just different. i've been to both baptist (somewhere between 8 and 10 years) and non denominational churches (since then) and we bothe pretty much hav the same beliefs.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
actually there pretty much the same thing. there names are just different. i've been to both baptist (somewhere between 8 and 10 years) and non denominational churches (since then) and we bothe pretty much hav the same beliefs.
But they're not the same thing. No matter how similar they are, they're different things. Either you're a Baptist, or you're non-denominational. You can't be both.

BBT's not the one who's making the mistake here. It's you that's making the mistake.

You know, I find it strange that I'm explaining things about Christianity to a Christian. You ought to know more about this than me, considering I've never been a Christian in my life, while you've been one all your life. You ought to be teaching me.

Anyhow, you're probably non-denominational. A non-denominational Christian would be fine with going to a Baptist church, but a Baptist might not be willing to attend a non-denominational church. It's just a guess, mind you, but it's the one that makes the most sense, considering what you've told me.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
well i've always been told it really doesn't matter between the two, since there so much alike, so i consider myself both. aint like there two different religions. there one in the same.

u probably just think i don't know what i'm tlking bout, but i really do.
u should read "the life of pie" good book, kid was three religions.

but since u seem or think u know what your tlking about i'll ask about it.
even though i have many other times and always get the same answer

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
well i've always been told it really doesn't matter between the two, since there so much alike, so i consider myself both. aint like there two different religions. there one in the same.
I agree, it doesn't really matter.

I'm just saying that non-denominational means that you don't belong to a denomination. That means that you don't worry about being Baptist or Protestent or whatever. You're just a Christian. Not a Catholic or Protestent or Anglican or Methodist or anything like that.

So, yeah, don't worry about it. Just be Christian, and if anyone asks you what kind, just say you're non-denominational. Just don't say non-denominational Baptist, because it's literally impossible to be a non-denominational Baptist.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
well mediocre i thank u. u just inspired me to actually learn more about my religion. when i learn more about this little non-denominational and baptist thing i tell ya what i finally come to. but until then like you said i'll just b christian

i need to put down my gamecube controller and pick up a bible.

Zink

Smash Champion
I have a question. Would anyone mind terribly if I turned this into a debate thread? I'd like to reply to a few things Mediocre and others have said, but I'd hate to hijack a thread if everyone else is discussing something closer to topic.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Here's a short story as to why I dont like arguments concerning denominations.

My History teacher became a Christian when he was an adult. In the short time following, he almost went back to his former belief (whatever it was) because the Christians he was associating with argued over denominations and such. He saw the disunity among the believers and was convinced he had made the wrong decision.

He almost lost his faith. :/

I dont like it, but I dont see how the denomination thing can be helped. :(

Zink

Smash Champion
Fortunately it isn't as bad as it used to be. Now we instead of killing each other, we spread stereotypes that disallow us from running for public office. Lol. I recently heard that the Pope is trying to improve ties with the Orthoox chruches, so who knows? It's entirely possible that a deschism will happen within our lifetimes.
On another note, what IS Wicca?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the the mormon church is the fastest growing church in the country (unless you meant that Wicca was the fastest growing church in the world)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Actually, I'm pretty sure the the mormon church is the fastest growing church in the country (unless you meant that Wicca was the fastest growing church in the world)
Not quite sure, but it's definitely one of the fastest growing in the world.

Take the numbers of how many members there are in the world, and take account of how long the church has been around.

Compared to such churches as the Catholic and Wiccan religions, we're not doing too bad!

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
as much as i like arguing with people over stuff, i don't like the idea of debating over religion, for the reason that so many people have so manyu opinions over certain things, and u get some people who don't know **** of what there tlking about and is telling people the wrong stuff about there own religion.

but i really don't care. i was just putting my opinion out there. if u don't want 2 debate over religion than don't

Top Bottom