• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Peach matchup?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
A simple question: Who do you like to battle against, and why? Also for fun, say your least favorite matchup, I think I will keep a tally (+1 for favorite, -1 for least favorite)

My favorite Peach matchup is Falco.

"YOU ARE CRAZY!" you say? No it is a very frustrating matchup, but I really like the adrenaline of weaving and dodging through lasers and FINALLY getting in on him. Combos galore make for flashy, fun matches... I love breaking that birds' neck and eating him for dinner. His upsmash and lasers and jab and grab and priority are a pain!

Least favorite matchup as Peach is Snake. He's broken and I can't stand his broken tilts

LanceStern

Smash Lord
RESULTS

: +3 (Demi-Peach, King Beef, PeachGuard, MenoUnderwater, Evil-Guy, Yaay, C-Spyker)
: +1 (Razmakazi, Brawlin, Silly Kyle, Mikachiru , LanceStern, King Beef, Metatitan)

: -2 (LanceStern, GoofBall PeachGuard, rm88, Mikachiru, PeachKid)
: +1 (Illmatic, Rickerdy-doo-da-day, Nicole)
: +1 (Moozle, IamJason8 Silly Kyle)
: -2 (Illmatic, Razmakazi)
: +1 (Nicole)

: -1 (Demi-Peach)

: -1 (DTP)

: -1 (GoofBall)

: +2 (Yaay, Metatitan)
: -2 (Moozle.ROB)

: -1 (Rickerdy-doo-da-day)
: +2 (rm88, PeachKid)

: +1 (C-Spyker)

: -1 (Brawlin)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wario/Snake for favorite.

Least would be Olimar/Ice Climbers.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Snake is my fav coz it's just both ppl running around trying to **** each other.

I hate DDD but I hate ICs even more. ICs make you have to play the gayest way possible.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Too many favorites, but I guess I'll say MK for now. I've really enjoyed breaking it down finally.

Least favorite is Snake.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Marth is my favorite for sure, but I don't know who my least favorite is. Probably Mario or Wolf...but I can't decide :( Let's just go with Wolf since I run into him more often.

Moozle

Smash Champion
The +1 on Fox should be Yaaay, not Illmatic.

I like Marth because I love spacing with bair and it's the matchup that seems to be most effected by good use of bonewalking (in my experience bonewalking helps much more in this matchup than it does in the MK matchup). The only annoying thing about this matchup is Tipper Fsmash.

Edit: Can you change my least favorite from Wolf to ROB? I totally forgot about how much I hate campy ROBs.

z00ted

Illmatic's

S: :wario: :snake:
A: :metaknight: :dk2: :fox: :samus2:
B: :dedede: :toonlink: :diddy: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :lucario:
C: :luigi2: :pikachu: :rob: :kirby2: :wolf: :zelda: :shiek: :bowser2: :link2: :falcon:
D: :ness2: :lucas: :marth: :falco: :yoshi2: :mario2: :ike:
E: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :pit: :pt:
F: :peach: :olimar: :popo:

I like this thread.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Snake is my favorite. Its a challenging mu but its not too bad. Samus is least favorite. Its challenging but in a stupid way because of the missiles and zairs.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Lol she is just a pain to fight for me. Its hard to get past her missiles. Then again, I only ever play Samus on wifi so that might be why.

z00ted

nah it really is hard getting past her everything.
try forward glide tossing out of shield more.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Favorite is fox, even though I probably could be better at it.
Least favorite is snake.

MK is a worse MU but at least you can physically see his hitboxes >_>

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
I try that sometimes and it does work a little bit for me. It can be predictable though. I haven't tried this yet but maybe a ground floating approach(while using nair to explode projectiles) could work.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Crap, I'm stuck between two matchups that I like... I really enjoy fighting Snake AND Zelda. I guess my favorite matchup is Snake. It's the matchup I'm most familiar with!!!

My least favorite is Marth. **** that betch and his stupid sword.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hmmmm

My favourite is probably Wario, closely followed by Sonic and Zelda. They're two match ups I know very well and am very comfortable with

My least favourite is...hmmm
I hate fighting Low Tiers, or any match ups we have advantages in like Olimar that can go horribly wrong at any moment. Minus the 3 above, it makes me feel so much more stressed when I'm playing a match up I'm technically supposed to win. MK, Snake and Falco are tedious, as is DeDeDe

However the top spot of my deep loathing ironically goes to none other than Peach herself
I HATE Peach dittos
Its not that I can't win, its because I know that everything I can do, my opponent can do. The entire match is based on punishment and countering...which is how I enjoy playing Brawl and its a strength of mine in the game. It frustrates me so much everytime I get hit by something in a Peach ditto because I'm like 'I'm using Peach as well, I could have done that, why haven't I done that, why didn't I do that?!? GAH I'M SO BAD BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO THAT AND THEY DID FLARBLEGARBLE'. I can't help but shake the frustration that losing ditto = the other person is a better Peach player than me and they're going to look down on me for that

Its nowhere near as bad with other dittos, I feel much more pressured when I'm using Peach because this is the character I'm supposed to main and be good with. I'm not gonna lie - I detest losing. I'm not a bad/sore loser, I don't trash talk but God I hate losing. Losing a match that supposed to be in my favour (or worse, a match which is the most equal of equal, a ditto) just adds a mountain of salt to the wound

And thats why I hate Peach dittos

/endrant

z00ted

zair

Hmmmm

My favourite is probably Wario, closely followed by Sonic and Zelda. They're two match ups I know very well and am very comfortable with

My least favourite is...hmmm
I hate fighting Low Tiers, or any match ups we have advantages in like Olimar that can go horribly wrong at any moment. Minus the 3 above, it makes me feel so much more stressed when I'm playing a match up I'm technically supposed to win. MK, Snake and Falco are tedious, as is DeDeDe

However the top spot of my deep loathing ironically goes to none other than Peach herself
I HATE Peach dittos
Its not that I can't win, its because I know that everything I can do, my opponent can do. The entire match is based on punishment and countering...which is how I enjoy playing Brawl and its a strength of mine in the game. It frustrates me so much everytime I get hit by something in a Peach ditto because I'm like 'I'm using Peach as well, I could have done that, why haven't I done that, why didn't I do that?!? GAH I'M SO BAD BECAUSE I DIDN'T DO THAT AND THEY DID FLARBLEGARBLE'. I can't help but shake the frustration that losing ditto = the other person is a better Peach player than me and they're going to look down on me for that

Its nowhere near as bad with other dittos, I feel much more pressured when I'm using Peach because this is the character I'm supposed to main and be good with. I'm not gonna lie - I detest losing. I'm not a bad/sore loser, I don't trash talk but God I hate losing. Losing a match that supposed to be in my favour (or worse, a match which is the most equal of equal, a ditto) just adds a mountain of salt to the wound

And thats why I hate Peach dittos

/endrant
I hate them too, but I win em.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
O yea forgot about that. You could mix it up tho. You could ground float nair a missile, land and shield. Then just keep on approaching.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I LOVE fighting Meta- Knights. It makes me play to my fullest.

I HATE fighting Falco. Nuff' said, Peaches.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I love fighting Olimar, because it's easy and basically a free win for me (unless I'm playing logic). I can be aggressive and approach whenever I want with float, and trying to gimp a helpless character is fun too. MK, Marth, Snake, and Ness/Lucas are also some fun ones.

I hate fighting Wario, because I don't know how to do it yet and it's embarrassing to lose a matchup that Peach wins. I also hate Kirby, Falco, Peach, Fox (don't know how you guys think that MU is fun), and Toon Link.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Fox really isn't fun until you start to get the hang of it, otherwise it'll just be him camping and comboing you for about 8 seconds and then killing you at a high 80's % with up smash. Even then I still think fox wins the matchup despite the difficulty of him SDIing Dair and our nice 40% or so cg. He simply kills too easily and early and we don't.

Gameswithgoodies

Smash Ace
MK is just a MU i don't find to hard and is one of the few i feel i can actually stand a chance against.

DDD i hate cause he's just a massive brick walk i don't know how to fight at all.....

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
My favorite Match-up would be Snake as well actually I like playing against Sonic better. Seems easy going to me.

Least favorite is MK, DK, as well as any other character that has High KO potential excluding Snake.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I love playing against DK, racking up damage is way too easy. Be ultra defensive and he won't hit you with his absurd smashes and neutral B. I used to find ROB annoying but not anymore, it's a very fun matchup. Finally, if you successfully ~don't get grabbed~, Ice Climbers are really fun to fight too.

My least favorite matchups would be Falco, Toon Link (both highly annoying) and Snake with his overall unfairness.

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Fave = Er... This one's kinda hard. I guess Snake. I also like dittos and sometimes MK. Sometimes.

Least fave= Oh jeez, let's see... Diddy, ROB, Flako, and the other MKs.

If I had to choose one, it's Flako. Ironically, he's (going to be) my sub...

Top Bottom