• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the priority on Yoshi's Egg Roll?

Depster

Smash Champion
priority is 0 when you are sitting in place, its decent at full speed, and almost infinite when you bounce

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Egg Roll for me is a really good move, i use it in many forms that just makes my opponent take
extra damage, however aggaints some people it is not very good with mainly anyone
that can break it with a stun hit, much like Snake, Wolf, Falco, ZSS and anyone with a counter

i use it in the following form
Pivot Roll, and Egg delay, to know more aobut them give me till tomorrow to show them here
in a you tube video and its uses ^_^

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Egg Roll is not Yoshi's worst move.

And the priority issues can be seen in demo videos and the two posts preceding mine.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Bouncing the egg has a **** load of priority, we just haven't tested what all yet.

D

Deleted member

I use it, but i think it is yoshis worst move. All of his B moves are much better, and the only possible A move its better than is dsmash. This is all my opinion, i know many yoshis dont realize how freaking amazing egg lay is, and some like dsmash more than me.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I think his worst move is down tilt, unfortunately. It's just a bit lower on my list than forward smash.

Chaco

Never Logs In
:yoshi: I think his worst move is down tilt, unfortunately. It's just a bit lower on my list than forward smash.
Those two go perfect with DR, am I sensing a connection here?

Also, his worst move imo is his fair. Coulda been so much better.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
what am i hearing? dtilt, forward smash, and forward air bad? are you kidding me?

egg lay is definately his worst move followed by egg roll.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
... did u guys forget out of shield stangeing grab, egg lay is just underused its a good move. fair is tooo laggy is put fair pretty low. down tilt and fsmash id put in mid, no lets not get 2 side tracked

edit: YANKEES FAN =O GTFO, RED SOX FTW

D

Deleted member

what am i hearing? dtilt, forward smash, and forward air bad? are you kidding me?

egg lay is definately his worst move followed by egg roll.
Read my thread.

Egg lay is definately better than fair and dtilt.

Tidycats29

Smash Cadet
NNID
supadino007
Switch FC
4953-1106-1226
lol i use egg roll sometimes

i dont think its his worst move

for the most part i use the egg roll
to cancel my death upwards

has saved me a few times

Airborne

Smash Lord
downtilt has the most range, and forward smash kills a lot earlier than most of his moves.... egg lay has a lot of range and can produce super armor if you can time the DJC egg lay correctly ( i did it on NessFTW XD). i don't understand why egg roll doesn't have any real horizontal momentum though if jiggs' rollout does! o.O

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
DTILT IS AWESOME WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

It sets up perfectly for edgeguards . It sends them straight horizontally, but not too far. the only thing is that it's hard to set up.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I believe Yoshi's worst moves are egg roll and up tilt. Up tilt is only good in the beginning of the match with bair set ups, and becomes useless at higher percents. I have yet to find a good use for up tilt. Egg roll is ONLY ever useful when its the very end of the match, high percents, and both opponents are camping like crazy, it works sometimes as a surprise finisher.

His most safest and usually best moves are

Eggs

Bair

D-Tilt - used for baiting, most range

D

Deleted member

I disagree pride, most characters DONT have an aerial that beats egg lay, so its good when they are coming down.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I disagree pride, most characters DONT have an aerial that beats egg lay, so its good when they are coming down.
I didn't say anything about egg lay... lolol.. I use egg lay all the time, mostly when people are shielding near the edge.. One of my biggest problems with Yoshi is getting back on the stage safely ..

Metatitan

Smash Master
downtilt has the most range, and forward smash kills a lot earlier than most of his moves.... egg lay has a lot of range and can produce super armor if you can time the DJC egg lay correctly ( i did it on NessFTW XD). i don't understand why egg roll doesn't have any real horizontal momentum though if jiggs' rollout does! o.O
jigglypuff's rollout has **** priority.... she'd be a lot higher on the tier list if it was anything like the priority of egg roll :laugh: but yeah egg roll is probly yoshi's worst move: it really doesn't have a use except for a sneak attack now and again

D

Deleted member

I usually bring out egg roll once or twice a match when they are in the air and dont expect it, since many characters dont have aerials that beat it when it hits them from diagonally below them.
Depster u do play scrubs =)

bigman40

Smash Master
So then they must be good scrubs.......No, but really, that's really odd (and pretty declining of skill) that they allow something like that to happen. >.>

On topic: Egg roll is useful occasionally. I still don't have a use for the move as useful as other moves since it's easily blockable than most moves.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I believe Yoshi's worst moves are egg roll and up tilt. Up tilt is only good in the beginning of the match with bair set ups, and becomes useless at higher percents. I have yet to find a good use for up tilt. Egg roll is ONLY ever useful when its the very end of the match, high percents, and both opponents are camping like crazy, it works sometimes as a surprise finisher.

His most safest and usually best moves are

Eggs

Bair

D-Tilt - used for baiting, most range
Doesn't Utilt beat out kirby's Dair? I think I've done that before and Usmash is too slow usually to fight off a dair assault (I hate dair -> Fsmash btw :mad:)

Depster

Smash Champion
well not at the very beginning of the match, but like when people have low %, and they are jumping around and trying to dodge eggs and stuff, so they don't expect it, and it chains a bit at low percent... most people think they will just out prioritize it so they try to attack me but fail and get hit again. It's all mind-games, it really isn't that good

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'll use egg roll liek once in a blue moon.... but otherwise it really doesn't work save for lagfi (which no1 cares about... so it just really doesn't work that well)

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Egg roll is a pretty weak move, but I don't think D-tilt is anything special for Yoshi. It's barely longer than F-tilt, and has twice as much lag. The only thing it's good for is a very rare spacing tool and stabbing people before they recover from off-stage.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
Egg roll is a pretty weak move, but I don't think D-tilt is anything special for Yoshi. It's barely longer than F-tilt, and has twice as much lag. The only thing it's good for is a very rare spacing tool and stabbing people before they recover from off-stage.

dtilt has VERY little lagg f tilt has da lagg

Frown

poekmon
I use egg roll a lot in the beginning of matches since I haven't told my friends about its low priority, and they haven't tried hitting it. They think you can only dodge or jump in order to avoid it.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
wtf? Fair bad?
No way buddy.
Give me F-air over D-smash anyday of the week, I dont even use Yoshi's D-smash anymore, maybe cuz im nub.
There is nothing like landing an F-air, then they miss the tech and then....heh..****.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the egg roll is the worst of the lot, as there's really nothing worse. Its very difficult to rank the other moves though - some are clearly better than others, but beyond that its hard to say which is second worst.

Chaco

Never Logs In
wtf? Fair bad?
No way buddy.
Give me F-air over D-smash anyday of the week, I dont even use Yoshi's D-smash anymore, maybe cuz im nub.
There is nothing like landing an F-air, then they miss the tech and then....heh..****.
Dsmash is like a staple to my game.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Egg roll is a much better move when used during 3 to 4 player free-for-alls. When two or three opponents are battling and not focusing on me I'll approach them with an egg roll at high speed. Takes quite a bit of damage out of both and sends them in the air.

As for 1 vs. 1 though I hardly use egg roll unless it's to pull off a sneak attack to mix my game up.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Actually Egg Roll is VERY good against people who dont know the yoshi match. Because of its speed, if you face it and try to sheild grab you will get hit. The only what to sheild grab it is to face away and sheild grab it. People who dont play yoshi seem to think it is unsheildgrabable. But on another note, it helpfullness depends on who you are playing. Its bad against people like Link, because all of aerials brake through it but good agaisnt people like Fox, because of his falling speed at low damages if you turn it around right you can get 2-4 hits of. Also its great when use for coming down. Its relativly safe when close to the stage and by the time you hit the ground if you DI right you will be in a strong attack with alot of priority. Egg roll full speed has the same priority as a Falcon Pawnch. So Yah its not a bad move but not a very good one.

Yoshis best moves(no order):
Up-smash
Down-B from the ground
Eggs

Yoshis worst move:
Down-B from the air
(all of yoshi's moves are soo good because of all the different ways they can be used. This moves only good use it for grabbing the edge >_>)

Top Bottom