• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Charizard has bad recovery."

*snicker*

srn347

Smash Apprentice
"Smash 4 has even less variety than melee, there's only like 2 characters".

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
Funniest thing i've heard? Hm...Falco's taunts are funny.

A funny thing to see for me, is when my opponent leaves himself wide-open and I get a forcepalm on him and it just sends him flying and KO.

Tyketto

Smash Cadet
When I explained how Smash has a huge and dedicated following, a person I know responded with disdain, "They must really like Nintendo."

Honestly, I'm not a huge Nintendo fanboy - I do like Nintendo games; I grew up with them, so Smash definitely appeals to my nostalgic side. But what really keeps me a Smash fan is how unique the series is, in terms of mechanics. I feel like I'd still be a fan of the game even if Nintendo characters had nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Spellcheck.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Back before the release: "Little Mac and Diddy Kong can't be in Smash Bros., they're third party." from someone completely serious.

(Yes, this is for Sm4sh, not Brawl.)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
"Mewtwo is broken as ****."
"Miis aren't real characters."
"Sonic is in because Nintendo bought Sega."

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Rosalina can't be in Smash. She only appeared in 3 games."

I literally laughed my ass of at this. I mean really, this whole "This character only appeared in 1-3 games" argument died a very long time ago.

D

Deleted member

"Is Kirby from Pokemon?" my niece when looking at the character select screen

"Bowser is so OP" my friend

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I assume this was said prior to smash 4? He's actually been considerably buffed (albeit I wouldn't say to the point of being OP).
I think he did mean this game. But I agree with what you said in parenthesis so that's why I thought it was funny. xD

srn347

Smash Apprentice
Ah, ok. What's even funnier is I've heard people say it about bowser in melee...and about his speed.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
I play smash with some friends each morning, and they keep saying stuff like "You're so good with Villager".
I'm not. I'm really, really not. They just can't counter Villager to save their lives, and even then my win rate is around 30%.

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
My brother has played Smash for an even longer time than I, but yesterday he said the most stupid thing ever: "jumping over projectiles etc. is a reliable way to not get hit, I don't need to learn to shield/dodge". Got me pissed but also laughing xD

Last edited:

srn347

Smash Apprentice
I was watching a friendly between marth and falcon in melee, and to pass the time until my turn (which was like 3 matches later) I took out my kendama and got off a combo on my first try (which I don't normally do). The ensuing dialogue went as follows:
me: Yes! The ken combo!
andy: That's not the ken combo.
me: It's not?
andy: No, the ken combo ends with a spike.
me: Oh. *tries to do a spike*
Eventually we realized that we were talking about two completely different ken combos.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
(In class sitting next to a guy who plays Xbox)
Him: Do you have an Xbox?
Me: No
Him: Oh! You have a playstation?
Me: No!
Him: Then what do you have?
Me: A Wii U
Him: Hah! That kiddy console that failed?
Me: :glare:
Him: What games do you play?
Me: Super...Smash...Bros...
Him: Oh. That Mario fighting game? It doesn't even have blood!
Me: I'll hurt you
He never talked to me since.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
(In class sitting next to a guy who plays Xbox)
Him: Do you have an Xbox?
Me: No
Him: Oh! You have a playstation?
Me: No!
Him: Then what do you have?
Me: A Wii U
Him: Hah! That kiddy console that failed?
Me: :glare:
Him: What games do you play?
Me: Super...Smash...Bros...
Him: Oh. That Mario fighting game? It doesn't even have blood!
Me: I'll hurt you
He never talked to me since.
You tell that CoD-playing ignoramus what's up. :smirk:

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
"MetaKnight wasn't broken in Brawl"
"Customs aren't broken at all, you just need to get good"
"I think battlefield gives an unfair advantage to characters like bowser because of the platforms."
All said by the same person.

p3ngw1nKing

Smash Cadet
Here's two, both regarding Smash 4:

Dedede is too good.
Smash 4 has more movement options than Melee or Project M.

I mean, really? Those may be the most inaccurate statements I have ever heard in my life. And no, they weren't joking.

safwaners

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8841-3090
I missed a rest, and when my friend tried to punish me, he missed. You know what he said after? He said "That was a bad punish game." Me and my friends started dying of laughter.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Here's two, both regarding Smash 4:

Dedede is too good.
Smash 4 has more movement options than Melee or Project M.

I mean, really? Those may be the most inaccurate statements I have ever heard in my life. And no, they weren't joking.
Well, it depends on if he was talking FFA or 1v1, really. Dedede is top tier in FFA, you know :smirk:
I have one friend who likes to whine about R.O.B.'s Up-Throw. One quote in particular I can recall is "Really Overpowered B*tch's Up-Throw kills at, like, 20%!"
What a creative acronym...

Last edited:

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I've got some new ones

*Showing friend some melee gameplay*

"Why is the footage fast-forwarded?"

From the guy I mentioned last time:

"Mewtwo was in brawl. I remember unlocking him!" I had to convince him he wasn't in brawl, which took a while. He was like, SUPER convinced that mewtwo was in brawl...

WalrusBiscuit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalrusBiscuit
The funniest thing someone ever has said to me was at school... When someone just randomly screamed SMASH BROOOOOOOOOOS when I was playing on my 3ds.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend who told me that he doesn't shield or do any kind of dodging. He says that he doesn't even see the point of them. I told him that no dodging or shielding is like bringing a knife to a gun fight but there is no getting through to him. He's ridiculously stubborn.

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
"Hard work gets you further than natural skill.."
I guess my hard work doesn't for some reason?

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
3DS Launch Day. Friend hosts a tournament. One rule: "No Bowser." Also, Smash Balls were on for some ungodly reason.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
"I'm ****ing telling you the blast zones get smaller depending on what move you get hit by"
"There are too many heavies in this game"
"Fox ****ing sucks"
"Donkey Kong's down tilt is broken"

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
One of the funniest I've heard was "Stop hitting me. I can't do anything."

I guess they didn't really grasp the concept of a fighting game.

The funniest (ie, dumbest) thing I've ever heard came out of my own mouth. Young me going to my first tournament: "Yeah, but Sheik (Melee) sucks."

D

Deleted member

I once had this friend who was a super ego-maniac. Here are a bunch of quotes that came out of his ass:
"I'm better than most tournament players. I might be the best player in the region."
"Sheik is one of the worst characters in the game."
"Meta Knight's up-arial made him go upwards as if it was a jump in Brawl! I'm willing to bet money on it!"
"Zelda has always been overpowered."

Non-rare occasions where I absolutely maul him and his friends in some online stock matches 5 times in a row:
"I'm still a better player than you because I got more points."
"All you're doing is punishing me. Fight me properly!"
(After missing an edgegrab because he's attacking or air-dodging at the wrong time.) "This game is unfinished and glitched!"

Finally admitting "defeat" after a night's session of games where he won only 2 matches out of 10:
"Alright, you might be just slightly better than me. But if I figure out how you play the game, I'll be able to beat you easily!"

Yeah... Probably gonna have to look in a mirror first, dude.

Skjoett

Smash Cadet
I once had this friend who was a super ego-maniac. Here are a bunch of quotes that came out of his ***:
"I'm better than most tournament players. I might be the best player in the region."
"Meta Knight's up-arial made him go upwards as if it was a jump in Brawl! I'm willing to bet money on it!"

Non-rare occasions where I absolutely maul him and his friends in some online stock matches 5 times in a row:
(After missing an edgegrab because he's attacking or air-dodging at the wrong time.) "This game is unfinished and glitched!"

Finally admitting "defeat" after a night's session of games where he won only 2 matches out of 10:
"Alright, you might be just slightly better than me. But if I figure out how you play the game, I'll be able to beat you easily!"

Sounds like a right prick!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Goku(DBZ)/Batman/Shrek are legible characters for Smash Bros"

Best Worst part was they were serious and wanted a debate over it.

Seige

Smash Cadet
"He can't dodge Ganondorf's(Brawl) kicks." My friend to my other friend
Meaning forward tilt, down air, and others. It's hilarious. Btw Marth vs Ganondorf. Lol.
"The skill floor is only high in like real deal tournament play, though."
Referring to Sakurai's statement of why Melee is harder to get into competitively than Sm4sh.
What else could he mean other than that...? Honestly, funniest **** I've seen today.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
The typical "Man, Mango is such a prick." after watching the Smash Bros. documentary.

Another was from my friend's friend who I didn't really like, "Man, Smash is so kiddy; this is a fighting game! Where's the blood?"

Last one as this one comes from another person I know, but don't really like, "What makes Smash so popular? It's not a good fighting game like Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom."

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I once had this friend who was a super ego-maniac. Here are a bunch of quotes that came out of his ***:

Holy **** that is some Johnson city right there....

Top Bottom