• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the funniest thing somebody has said to you about Smash?

Mr. Potatobadger

Smash Apprentice
I've got a new one from the same guy I've mentioned before.

"I've gotten so much better at Smash, I'm so good now! I've got to be one of the best players out there. I can beat 3 level nine CPUs without losing a life!"

I proceed to destroy him.

Seige

Smash Cadet
I've got a new one from the same guy I've mentioned before.

"I've gotten so much better at Smash, I'm so good now! I've got to be one of the best players out there. I can beat 3 level nine CPUs without losing a life!"

I proceed to destroy him.
3 lvl 9s on the same team with friendly fire off? It seems legit, he would probably destroy me. (Note the sarcasm)

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
"Default Palutena is the worst character"

I walk over to the play area. Plug in my certified Nintendo Super Smash Bros. Edition GameCube Controller. Select Palutena, no customs. They choose their scrubby character. Make sure there's no items, 2 stock, 6 minutes. Omega Final Destination. Proceed to get my ass kicked. Best 2 out of 3. Ass kicked again. Select custom Palutena or Zero Suit, kicks their ass. Pop off, rubbing my hands together with a devious grin. I look at them and say, "Don't sleep on Defaultena."

I gotta put more work in :(

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been having a discussion on another forum with someone (though they are very hot headed so it's more like an argument) about how certain characters have poor match-ups against others no matter how good you are with them, tier lists "are they worth a damn or not", etc.

They kinda brought it into talking about the Bowser VS Rosalina MU as an example. They were making a lot of poor points, pretty much just straw-manning it to say Bowser beats Rosalina easily.

They tried to claim Bowser can easily KO Rosalina, and while that's true in terms of the raw strength of his moves (as it is with Bowser VS any other character), I started to point out that Rosalina has much better and more reliable KO options that take him out just as early (among other things that make it a favourable match up for her). I made a specific example of her U-air, which I know can KO Bowser as early 60% (it's the earliest I've personally KO'd Bowser with the move on FD, it might go a bit lower though). I even provided a video example I myself recorded of how early Rosalina can KO with her U-air:

Their response?

They accused me of modding Smash Wii U to make Rosalina more powerful than she actually is, because they were unable to replicate such early KOs for whatever reason. They are still pursuing this accusation even right now.

So there you go folks, cat's outta the bag! I provide you with the first footage of the first Smash Wii U mod in the history of mankind! I call this masterpiece "Rosaline dabess dun mess wit her".

It will ensure that you win every match ONLINE (yes, it EVEN bypasses Bandai Namco's monitoring!) as long as you play as Rosalina. Download it now and get that For Glory win rate of yours back up to 100%!

...Do I get a front page Smashboards article yet?

Last edited:

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
"Yeah, but if we put items on, I'll beat you every time."
And not about smash but I lol'd anyway:
"Real gamers use wireless controllers/keyboards/etc. Only noobs stay wired."

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
"Smash Bros. isn't a real fighting game."

Said every competitive fighting player with a stick up their cheddar.

Snatcher_Boss02

Smash Rookie
I had this one kid who didn't play a lot of smash bros and he didn't own it. But he did know it existed at least. This guy came up to me when I was watching videos for Smash before the release in November and said " Does having 120% mean your winning" and " Is Link winning because he has 92%. I wanted to strangle him and myself. But I maintain my cool everywhere I go no matter what.

NintenX

Smash Rookie
"An extra character for $4?" (He was referring to Mewtwo)
"What a ripoff!"
This guy also said once that Smash doesn't require skill.

Last edited:

Joninja

Smash Rookie
Somebody who had no clue what they're talking about. This one time the really annoying kid at my school, who doesn't even have smash 4, said "Little Mac is probably the best character in the game because he is interesting compared to other characters." It was hard for me to restrain at that point.
I was playing with a group of friends that have never played Smash before and one of the said, "How do I jump?"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Same guy who accused me of modding the game yesterday.

"Mewtwo isn't that big"

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
So I'm doing a Smash 4 tournament on Saturday and asked the TO for the rules and one of the rules is "Bowserciding will result as an instant forfeit but Ganonciding is allowed." Guess what the TO's main is? Ganon. Pretty pathetic because If you are dumb enough to get Side B'd by Bowser you are just bad.

Seige

Smash Cadet
So I'm doing a Smash 4 tournament on Saturday and asked the TO for the rules and one of the rules is "Bowserciding will result as an instant forfeit but Ganonciding is allowed." Guess what the TO's main is? Ganon. Pretty pathetic because If you are dumb enough to get Side B'd by Bowser you are just bad.
That's pathetic, if you're going to be using favoritism, make it less obvious.
Plus, bowserciding always makes Bowser lose while ganonciding makes Ganondorf win.

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
That's pathetic, if you're going to be using favoritism, make it less obvious.
Plus, bowserciding always makes Bowser lose while ganonciding makes Ganondorf win.
I tried telling him that but he said "it takes no skill and Ganonciding is hard to do" wow pathetic TO.

NeumaticSalmon

Smash Rookie
The same guy from before changed his personal streetpass greeting to "git gu at sm4sh" (yes he misspelled git gud) even though I can beat him consistently.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
"Wut the (censored) is a Smash Bros?" everyone ever
"Palutena is OP" A friend of mine
"The character I want most in Smash bros is Hot dog person" My cousin actually said,if you watch CN, you've probaly got this reference.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
"Wut the (censored) is a Smash Bros?" everyone ever
"Palutena is OP" A friend of mine
"The character I want most in Smash bros is Hot dog person" My cousin actually said,if you watch CN, you've probaly got this reference.
Please don't tell me he meant Hot Dog person from Uncle Grandpa :facepalm:

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
I tried telling him that but he said "it takes no skill and Ganonciding is hard to do" wow pathetic TO.
How the hell is Ganonciding harder than Bowserciding? The victim has manipulation over Flying Slam too, and Bowser doesn't dash for the default.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
"Ganondorf is broken, He's impossible to hit out of the stage"
This also applies to Charizard and Bowser

And I can't pick Sheik, Zero Suit, Rosalina or even Samus without my brother complaining that they're overpowered which is fun

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
"Ganondorf is broken, He's impossible to hit out of the stage"
This also applies to Charizard and Bowser

And I can't pick Sheik, Zero Suit, Rosalina or even Samus without my brother complaining that they're overpowered which is fun
Kinda right about that second one, but if he were good in the first place, he'd find ways to beat them.

FireToast

Smash Rookie
NNID
Varota
I know this was only a joke, but the man needs to burn for saying this:
"They should add Adam Malkovich to Smash, he was my favorite Metroid character."

AvengerV

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AvengerV
Pics or no dice. Saltiness plz I need some for my food.
I came 2nd at the locals tournament today, those tournament nerves costed me the last match against a captain falcon. We were on game 5 we both had our last stock the next good hit would win I messed up and got punished. It was an amazing grand finals but I believe that I shouldve won but hey no johns I guess haha xD

oh btw I beat his Ganon. 2-0d him :D

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I think this thread name should be just "funny things people have said" and not "funniEST things"

As for a funny thing
"Tharja should be playable."

Seige

Smash Cadet
"I think this thread name should be just 'funny things people have said' and not 'funniEST things'"
^ That was funny

"I'm good at Smash"
Gets 4-0'd
"Your controller is crap."
K.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
(Must be read in the voice of one of those vacuum/face creams/skinny pills/etc commercials)

"Tired of losing to Rosalinas? Drop Greninja and pick up Luigi today! Do you need a move that is both fast and powerful? Well with Luigi, all of your moves are fast and powerful! Need a combo finisher? Try Down-B! Need a kill move? Do a Down-B! Need to recover? Down-B! Pick up Luigi for all your Smash needs today!"

Top Bottom