• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, I need to know the roster first, but...

Usually I do a bunch of matches with my friends on release night, and I don't see that changing now unless it's smack in the middle of the week, and even then...

However, then I'll unlock things that need unlocking, and find my main before jumping into what is hopefully a decent-to-amazing online experience.

Avocado14

Smash Cadet
Unlock all the characters I want to play as, then play VS matches all night with friends.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Get my closest, long-time friends and start with a standard 2 minute versus match. I'll probably start the game as Mario like I did with the others.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I plan to immediately jump into a Versus match, select Mario or Fox, and face 3 random CPUs on Battlefield or Final Destination (assuming it's available at the start). I'll probably repeat for the next hour or so, getting used to each character and taking notes before going into Training Mode to really test and confirm things. Finally, I'll probably hop online to figure out how it works.

Slugma128

Smash Journeyman
Peach upskirt and check for butt jiggle on the ladies.

Then I'll start playing seriously with whatever single mode the game has to offer.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Too early for me to say honestly.

I'll get back with you a week before the game releases.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who don't want to rush the unlocking of stuff?
Same, In Brawl, It was only after I unlocked everyone in story mode that i realized the mistake i had made...
I barely got to see that challenger approaching screen :c
Honestly, I Think i'll try all of the one player things with link Till I unlock Toon, And thats about it.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
If he is not an unlockable, play as Mega Man in some 4 player stock matches with my crew after the midnight launch. Hopefully he is playable without having to unlock him :)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Play it till my fingers and eyes bleed? If there's an adventure mode play that. If not play though the 1 player mode and see what I can unlock. If there's event modes get on those asap. If it's the weekend when it comes out probably get some friends on the go to play it. If it's during the work week take the following day off to play the **** out of it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going to go to training mode and try all the characters until I find one I like. Then I will practice this character vs cpu's.
THIS. I'll try most of the new characters... just to get the feel of it.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Probably take the Ice Climbers or Villager and start playing in Classic Mode Normal to get the feel and mechanics after that, I don´t know whatever it has maybe play some event matches or continue playing classic mode or even try the new adventure mode.
.n_n.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Make the most awaited battle of all times: Megaman vs. Mario vs. Sonic
I'll use each one of them against the other 2 being CPUs.

Then use the new Pit and Bowser.

After that try the other newcomers and the rest of the roster.

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Play whatever arcade / adventure modes there are to get a feel of things then train against CPU's and friends =)

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
Play single player modes since I always love the feel of each level as you have to fight different characters.

D

Deleted member

Play a bunch of Stamina Flower Fast Special Battles to unlock all the characters from the get-go :troll:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Go straight to either Mario's or Villager's Adventure mode.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
1. Unlock all characters - Using Link, Marth (or possibly his 3rd brother), Meta Knight, Lucario, Charizard, or Ridley, depending on what I feel like playing and how confident I am.
2. Finish off any single/co-op modes to unlock any other items/maps/modes
3. Play a bunch of Normal Matches until I feel confident with all playable characters. With some 2v2s mixed in
4. Play a bunch of wacky matches with the various items/modes (like 99 lives with everyone being ice climbers, items on very high, low grav/small map, bomb-ombs/motion sensor/pokemon as an example. Those lives go by fast)
5. Start playing 1v3 matches against max level CPUs.
6. Look and hope to find other people in the area that play the smash brothers series with the same skill level.

Not having the characters unlocked for when a friend comes over is a big no-no in my book and makes the rest of the night not feel as awesome...... Even if they never choose the character. It's a psychological thing that happens to people.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Am I the only one who don't want to rush the unlocking of stuff?
If I actually save myself from some spoilers (I highly doubt that), I would want to unlock everything as fastest as possible to try to avoid them on the internet. But then again, I will probably live inside the game the first week or two it'll come out, so it's not really a problem.

Anyway as of now I think the first characters I will try are either Bowser or Wii Fit Trainer.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'd hold an all-nighter livestream with my friends. Play Free For Alls, 1v1s, 2v2s, ect. Just flat out playing everything and anything. Then years later I can look back at the first time I played Smash 4 and watch how I've changed since then.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Just do the whole "go into multiplayer mode and jump off the ledge repeatedly" thing until I unlock every character. Then really dig in and find one that feels good.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
I hope its released durring the summer so that i won't have annoyances like school to stand in the way of my true purpose.
Beating people up with blue swordsmen and a flat dude.

Top Bottom