• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Play the game on my Wii U on my HD TV in HD.

Then I'll just train with captain falcon and/or mario

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'll go into options and turn off jumping with up on the control stick. So exciting!
Good call.

I'll keep it on the default controls otherwise (unless I really dislike something about them), but tap jump will definitely be turned off.
Am I the only one that uses the control stick to jump here :(
Probably not the only one... but why would you keep it on? It makes it difficult to do u-tilts. It also makes it more difficult to do Uairs if you're not exclusively using the c-stick for them.

What's the advantage of keeping it on?

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
Straight to the online and try out a few matches with my friends, then back to singleplayer to start unlocking characters.

After the mess that was Brawl's wifi, I'm definitely looking forward to trying out this game's online and hoping that it's at least decent.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Good call.

I'll keep it on the default controls otherwise (unless I really dislike something about them), but tap jump will definitely be turned off.
Probably not the only one... but why would you keep it on? It makes it difficult to do u-tilts. It also makes it more difficult to do Uairs if you're not exclusively using the c-stick for them.

Oh.. I jump with the control stick almost exclusively... I guess I'll try the button.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm going to be turning the Tap Jump button off as well. For some reason I feel I get to perform better as Samus without it. Never needed to turn it off for other characters.

Anyway, 1st thing I'm going to do is... Well the same thing I did in SSB 64 the first time I tried it.
A playthrough of Classic Mode. For traditions' sake I might go as Ness, or I could immediately jump over to Samus/Pokemon Trainer.

That's it. There's probably nothing out of the ordinary in doing this, but I've been playing SSB 64 so much lately, that I keep remembering and treasuring those days. So I want to relive Smash Bros. just like I did with 64. And for the first time ever, I want to unlock characters that are surprises to me. So.. if I'm lucky enough to have Little Mac revealed soon, I can hopefully log off for good until the game comes out and I unlock everything.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
Tap Jump on is good for Samus/Bowser/Marth/any character with a good OoS Up B. Otherwise it's not really worth it (barring personal preference)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Good call.

I never have trouble with up tilts, I think I've been mastering it since melee :)
And for me its just personal preference, pressing x or y feels weird and the control stick feels more precise

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I never have trouble with up tilts, I think I've been mastering it since melee :)
And for me its just personal preference, pressing x or y feels weird and the control stick feels more precise
Yeah, I warmed up to Button jumping, but I think I prefer Tap jumping.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I'll probably end up waitin for a used copy to pop up, I'll buy it and mess around with it for a bit. If I find it's too brawlish I'll just return it. Not hatin, just cant stand the mechanics. I'll probably start project M at that point.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Select the basic "Brawl" mode or whatever it is called, see what the starting roster looks like, pick some character I like, and fight against some CPUs until the end of the day. I will do that every day until I unlock all characters then I'll play other modes.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Go in training mode with peach and try to break down the game engine. See what the hitstun levels are. How good the shields are. How fast and fluid the game is. etc.

D

Deleted member

1. Turn off Tap-Jumping
2. If he needs to be unlocked, unlock Luigi.
3. Have fun by doing all sorts of battles against CPUs and playing Classic Mode.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Laugh endlessly as the plastic still wrapped around it is coated in my sweat and tears, and as I turn it on-

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Head over to practice/training mode and try out Villager's and WFT's moveset.

andhopefullytryiceclimberspleaseplease.

Ascended

Smash Ace
Play Classic on Normal with Link and see if that unlocks anything, then just mess around in VS matches with friends/siblings.

link2702

Smash Champion
go training mode.

pick ice climbers, see if they still have their death grab.

if they do, *facepalm* a few times.

then go check metaknight and see if he's still anywhere as ridiculous as he is in brawl.

if he is, *facepalm* several more times because those will tell me for sure that sakurai still failed horribly at character balance.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Same as the last three game: Pop those suckas in, play most (if not all) of the game's modes, unlock everything, some casual VS. Matches against computers, etc, etc.

The 3DS game, however, has one extra step: Have the 3DS game "Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion" (THE biggest SSB plagiarizer you'll ever lay your eyes on) in the 3DS game slot (getting the 3DS Smash game digitally) and compare those two games to see how well "Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion" did for being a 3DS launch window Smash rip-off.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Unlock Sonic as soon as possible in both versions. Assuming he won't be a Starter. (With Luigi, Toon Link, and Sonic's reveal I can't really tell who's going to be a starter or an unlockable anymore :S)

chaoswafflez04

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazingBlaziken4
Training to find a main and some casual matches for unlocks is what I'll obviously do first thing, and if the challenges return from Brawl, (which hopefully will happen) I'll try to complete the ones that I can from the start.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I shall do everything in my power to unlock Mega Man. Number 1 priority for me

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Peel off the plastic and breath in that "new game smell". Ah...

You don't get that from downloads.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
After seeing opening first time :
Me(Villager) x One friend(Megaman), no itens, 3 stocks, FINAL DESTINATION.

After this, 12 hour party playing in 4 people... I will even accept itens , all stages and etc...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
After seeing opening first time :
Me(Villager) x One friend(Megaman), no itens, 3 stocks, FINAL DESTINATION.

After this, 12 hour party playing in 4 people... I will even accept itens , all stages and etc...

I would do the same....If I had friends.......

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I would do the same....If I had friends.......
Oh ...don't be sad.
The truth is that I and one certain friend played SSBB(and now P:M sometimes) together for years and both are with infinite hype.
But in the 4-players match (the other ones are in a bit lower playlevel) you're invited.
Come SSSBU with us (in Brasil)

(Just don't play Snake if he's in the game, please.)

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Oh ...don't be sad.
The truth is that I and one certain friend played SSBB(and now P:M sometimes) together for years and both are with infinite hype.
But in the 4-players match (the other ones are in a bit lower playlevel) you're invited.
Come SSSBU with us (in Brasil)

(Just don't play Snake if he's in the game, please.)

Too bad I live on another continent.

(WHY U NO LIKE SORIDTU SNAJKU!?)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Run to the car, go home, and play some basic two minute matches and unlock characters. (I unlocked everyone in Brawl and Melee (except Mewtwo and MG&W) this way on their launch days. lol. So it's a tradition now)

Top Bottom