• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Stay away from anywhere I can get spoiled. I don't want any secret **** revealed before I play the game :<
You're probably going to want to stop browsing any Smash or Smash-related or potentially Smash-related websites basically now, then.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
play it :troll:
actually play the characters revealed so far in this order
Bowser
Pikachu
Kirby
Villager
Mario
Fox
Pit
Wii Fit Trainer
Megaman (go suck it 3rd party character)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Bowser vs. K. Rool grudge match.

Or, alternatively, unlock K. Rool, then return to my original idea.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I'll go in training mode and test everybody,new moves,new characters,all that stuff.
I decide with wich newcomer I want to try the new Classic mode and spend extra time training with it,exploring the character.
And then I go to discover new things in a whole new experience.
When your favorite game comes once a gen,you enjoy it the best you can.
(Unintentional rhyme)

MrGamer419

Smash Cadet
first ill do a one on one match then unlock every character then test to see if the online is good

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Gather up some friends and own with Kirby (see if he's gotten better this time). if that doesn't work out, online battles it is.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Most likely, I will pick a veteran character I'm interested in the most (so far it's bound to be Samus) aka ex-main, and then I'll fight until I unlock the Newcomer I'm interested in the most.

It's almost like a Super Smash Bros. tradition to me... The old main paving the way for the new main. :,)

It's been going on since 64.

Ness/Luigi > Luigi/IceClimbers/Ness > Lucas (no Ness early in Brawl)/Sonic/ROB/Samus > Samus / Mega Man / (Hopefully Little Mac).

For tradition's sake I'll play around with Ness first too. As he was the first character I got good with.

justaway12

Smash Master
I'll play Story Mode, I'll unlock all the characters (if they weren't already unlocked in story mode) then I'll play Peach, Wii fit trainer and just gradually get around to everyone else~

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Realistically speaking since the starting roster will be spoiled, go into VS mode and play for awhile, then after that straight to the WiiU and 3DS's story/adventure modes.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Go online and see if they made any legit changes. Less lag, better modes (hopefully a 1v1 mode w/ stocks), etc. Oh and hopefully we can save replays of matches that are over 3 minutes without using hacks. :rolleyes:

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Beat Classic mode just to unlock the Jiggs.

If they don't keep that tradition alive I'm gonna cry. It's become as much a part of Smash as Final Destination or Master Hand.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to play as Kirby and swallow up WFT to see what Kirby looks like and then make a meme out of it.

Oric Windstar

Smash Rookie
Probably play VS for a couple of hours to get the feel of things, then start try to unlocking everything. And, of course, I'll be using Mario first.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Probably stare in awe at the box like I did with Brawl, then immediately start trying out Link and other newcomers, then start unlocking things. Hopefully I'll unlock 5+ characters, so I can go online and spoil them for everyone. (As revenge for some people on Wi-Fi ruining the surprise of Toon Link and Wolf for me,)

`dazrin

Smash Champion
probably hop into a match against a lvl 9 cpu as whoever i like the most on the starting roster and get a feel for the game.

then, proceed into classic/1p mode with said character and try to unlock things

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
I'm really impressed with how many of you say "first I'll go into practise mode...". I will never have the patience for that.

First, I will watch the full cinematic witch opens the game. Then, with tears of joy rolling down my cheeks, I'll go straight into a standard versus match. 3 stocks, no items and battle field (cause it looks so awesome). Haven't descided what character to use first. Will descide when more is revealed. I will play around like that for a while, atleast test every character in the starting roster.

After finding a favourite I intend to test one or a few online games just to see if the lag is fixed (please god). Then I will play through the single player mode once and then proceed to start unlocking as much as I can during the rest of the day. I will probably "cheat" (really wish I wouldn't, but I wont be able to contain myself) and look online how to unlock stuff. I presume It will involve clearnig a single palyer mode and playing x games with this character and x games on that stage and so on.

When I go to sleep I will bring the smash case with me. My girlfriend might have to sleep on the couch, haven't descided yet if it will be alright to share our (me and the smash case) first night together with some one else.

The next day I will invite over a friend, that is off pretty equal skill level. I will proceed to kick his ass all day using my one day edge of training. Just have to keep the release date a secret so he won't get it day one aswell.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I will definently not have my first impressions of the game by going into training mode, that would just be boring, i want to experience all the characters attacks on someone that will actually fight back.
Probably go into event matches and if there is a difficulty option it will be on intense.

I will skip the intro, not look at the box for the game or the disk, and not look at the character select screen either so i will have no idea who is in it

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
open the package and put the disk in the console.

I've learned to take my actions through babysteps.
I know what you mean. Last time I just crammed the entire box in there. Having a wii catch fire isn't much fun, but at least it made good barbecue. Also by pretending the flames were Bowser's and charizard's I felt entirely more manly for eating it.

Morbi

Scavenger
open the package and put the disk in the console.

I've learned to take my actions through babysteps.
This was actually a problem for me. I was really excited for Borderlands 2. I went to the Gamestop on release day and pulled up my account. I had pre-ordered a Ps3 copy of the game. In all of the excitement I didn't even look at the case. I just threw the bag into my car. I drove all the way home (20 minutes) only to discover that the game was for PC. I was so pissed. I went to return the game (I wasn't too angry because I realized that it was partially my fault for not ensuring that the game was in fact a Ps3 copy) and the lady tried to pull some **** that the account had a pre-order for PC. This is BS because I processed the order online. I checked the day before and guess what? It was slated for Ps3. Her error mixed with my error almost cost me a bad day. Luckily the manager realized the whole thing was a big misunderstanding and just gave me my Ps3 copy of the game. Then the game turned out to be bad. FML.

Anyways moral of the story is to make sure you have the right console before you leave the Gamestop. I mean it wont happen for exclusives like SSB, but you can never be too careful. I mean obviously you were joking. However, it is still important to take baby steps. You might be out an hour of your life and gas money. Maybe even worse if you opened the package before looking at it (I will never do that again. Lesson learned lol) /Rant.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
VS. Mode, me and my brother pick 2 characters and a cool stage. Same as the last 2 games. For 64 I just went into 1P mode but I bought that on the VC so that doesn't count.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I'd probably go to Training Mode and try out some characters and then start the story campaign of the game. I mean, that's what I did with Brawl, lol.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I know second thing I will do is play against Mr.Mumbles and have a true battle for the title of Mr.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I know second thing I will do is play against Mr.Mumbles and have a true battle for the title of Mr.
The irony of it is Mr. Mumbles is a girl, so honestly the title should probably be yours, but then I am a guy so... it's confusing okay.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
If I'm with friends then I'll probably choose Link and play them in a 3 stock match with 3 or 4 of us. Most likely a new stage.
If by myself then Link vs one level 9 computer with another starter that interests me. As it stands probably Bowser.

If There's another newcomer starter that greatly interests me then it'll be them instead of Link.

Then adventure mode to start unlocking characters like Ganondorf :grin:

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
most definitley adventure mode first it was so epic in brawl especially donkey and diddy kong's entry just epic :demon:

Top Bottom