• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

Chauzu

Smash Ace
As always I'll start by trying out my main from last game (Zelda this time), only to learn that the changes made to her makes her unplayable for me this time around. This starts the search for the next main, which usually ends up with someone totally unexpected.

grizby2

Smash Lord
before booting up the game, i'll set up a chair in my room with a bag of popcorn and tell my whole household to watch the intro with me.

Commando

Smash Rookie
Unlock every character, play the story a few times if it turns out to be like Melee's Adventure Mode, find out how my Brawl mains Falco, Kirby, and Pikachu have changed, and then start learning my new main: Mega Man.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
At the first place I would buy a Wii U at the same time, next I will try to unlock all the characters in Smash Bros. for Wii U, then I will practice each character of the full SSB4 character roaster, look which character fits me best and in the end I'll kick some butt in several matches :smirk:

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
Pick my favorite starting character, face my least favorite starting character, pick an interesting new place, put items on high and 10 stock. And cry tears of joy. Or if my bros are around I will play the **** out of the game with them and then stay up all night playing the 3ds version.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Well first I'll have to put it into the Wii U...

1) See if Yoshi's any good.
2) If Yoshi isn't good, see if Diddy Kong is still good.
3) If neither are good, play Villager and just catch projectiles all day.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Play through classic 1 player mode as I always do, then do versus matches with characters until I decide which one feels the best.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
My new plan is just to try out every character I'm interested in, and then see how many characters I unlock by the first few matches (assuming you can still unlock guys like Ness in 5 matches XD)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'll probably go to the versus mode with my sister and try out all the new characters! And maybe try to unlock characters through versus matches

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
main a fire emblem character then immediately pick lloyd irving, then i'll bandwagon to a top 3 character. Then root for the miami heat to win another ring

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I'll unlock all characters and stages,play through story mode and then go online and play.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Try out Link, realize that, for the 4th game in a row, he's trash, cry for about 20 minutes, then find a real main and invite some people over to play.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Did this when I got brawl the first that I would do is if falco is confirmed and he gets unlocked the same way with 100-man ???? Try to see if I can beat it with any of the starters

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What's the first thing you will do when you buy the game?

Stare at the box-art on my ride home from the mall.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
(Before game arrives: Find out what makes the most sense as a way to unlock characters and stages)

Open box, put in Wii U.

If I have a friend who wants to play, play some versus matches.

Otherwise, try out online play against randoms for a few minutes.

Then play through Classic Mode or Story Mode to unlock characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
A. If Ridley is a character and is on the starting roster: Play as Ridley tons of times.

B. If Ridley is a character but is unlockable: Unlock Ridley. Then proceed plan A.

C. If Ridley isn't a character: Try out my favorite veterans.

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
I'll go into options and turn off jumping with up on the control stick. So exciting!

Then I'll play some multiplayer matches with all kinds of characters.

Aaand I'll lose track of time and realize I should've eaten lunch a few hours ago. Well, I'll try not to do this one, but it's inevitable.

Mnkymn89

Smash Rookie
i always start trying to unlock characters so maybe classic mode to get that easy first unlock

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'll go into options and turn off jumping with up on the control stick. So exciting!

Then I'll play some multiplayer matches with all kinds of characters.

Aaand I'll lose track of time and realize I should've eaten lunch a few hours ago. Well, I'll try not to do this one, but it's inevitable.
Am I the only one that uses the control stick to jump here :(

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Play Classic Mode with Mario. It just seems to fit as a way to begin the game.

Top Bottom