• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
...It seems that about 85.99% of the Smash World Forums population just got...

STUPIDITY-CANCELED.

Or is that what I mean? XD

So um, yeah. Anything that has to do with Stupidity-Canceling and Logicdashing. I mean, seriously...

lol wut?
Wot wot wot

I used to have these friends when we were all horrible at Smash Bros (I've moved since then). But anyway, even though I was a noob, I was still the best out of them, and there was something they'd do that would get on my nerves.

They would always call Captain Falcon AND Falco "Captain Falco". They never meant one of the two in particular, they would keep switching, and I was like wth? How do you call 2 people the same name when it's neither of those characters' names? >_> They would just say "I wanna be Captain Falco" and I wouldn't know if they're picking Captain Falcon or Falco...
My father sometimes picked Captain Falcon, then started pressing b and wondered why he wasn't shooting anything.

DethToll

Smash Cadet
"Marth's grabs suck because they barely do any damage and they don't throw far. Same with Sheik's or Peach's."

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, my brother decided that Peach's alt costume (the daisy one) is Daisy Dumpkins. He even gave her a backstory...I think she's a schoolteacher who marries people she meets in the supermarket?

0_o

Gradius

Smash Rookie
When my friend George was watching me play smash, he said "your not very good, you never jump high off the ground"

And then i wiped the floor with him :p

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
"You only won because of the greenhouse effect. My heads more sensitive so i get a fever during a match because the fossil fuels of me being burned by your BS'd combos rise in my head causing delerium. I can't win if i'm insane. How dare you play a crazy man in a game of mind games and logic"

"You only won because of the yin yang effect. Somebody won somewhere on the other side of the world and to balance it out i had to lose here.Its the natural flow of lifes Karma dude, not your skill, that beat me. If that guy on the otherside of the world hadn't won at the same time i had lost, i would have won. Its so obvious"

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
"You only won because of the greenhouse effect. My heads more sensitive so i get a fever during a match because the fossil fuels of me being burned by your BS'd combos rise in my head causing delerium. I can't win if i'm insane. How dare you play a crazy man in a game of mind games and logic"

"You only won because of the yin yang effect. Somebody won somewhere on the other side of the world and to balance it out i had to lose here.Its the natural flow of lifes Karma dude, not your skill, that beat me. If that guy on the otherside of the world hadn't won at the same time i had lost, i would have won. Its so obvious"
Tell him that you're the other guy in the world who had just won. You won the instant he lost, balancing each other out.

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
Thanks, but in actuality these were both said. There were some friendlies going on and during a particular match me and my opponent were getting a bit bored. I suggested making up ******** johns during the match to add a random spice into the matches atmosphere. so thats what we did, lol.

It actually worked pretty well at making the match more interesting. xD

Edit: lol Xanthyr

Final Mario

Smash Rookie
My friend said "OMG liek i haev Waluigi!"

Very stupid, he probably never even played the game (This was a discussion over IM)

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
"Turn those items off! Only TRUE Smashers can fight without them."

"I can beat you with Pichu, all I have to do is wait for items..."

"How do you make Luigi slide so far?!"

"How do you make Link pull out his sword so fast?"

"How can you Usmash while moving?!"

"You only waveland to take advantage of people that never heard of it."

"Luigi is so stupid, he's just a Mario clone."

(And my favorite:) "I can beat your Luigi with my C. Falcon."

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
"Falco is the same as fox, exept he falls faster, his jump is worse, his wavedash is a different length, his lazer does different things, his shine sends the opponent up (Which definitely doesn't completely change his combos), he has a spike, some of his attacks do different things, and he runs slower. See, no difference at all." - Pretty much a combination of all the n00bs I've ever seen, 2005(When I got melee) - 2008

PCHU

Smash Lord
How am I broken?........Just because I beat you doesn't mean I'm...

No, really.....huh?
And....Well, I don't know, all my friends have been with me ever since I got it, so they aren't smash-********....am I lucky, or comedy-deprived?

Not really funny, but my dad made fun of Luigi because he kept on going YIPPEE!
YAHOO!......and why did they have to give him the worst dash in the game?

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
one of the most stupidest (stupidest?) things ive EVER heard about wave dashing.

"But remember, in the middle of a SSBM match, you must be comfortable with wavedashing. Be able to use WD on a whim, when and wherever you want. WD is the most essential tool for Luigi, and it must be mastered."

i think hes emotionally involved with the wavedash ^^

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
Palma a ****ing Noob and friend of my Crew. say dumbest stuff every time. my conclusion... he used drugs. XD i'm gonna list some of them.

"You can wavedash in the AIR!!!" WTF?
"Toad is Peach's Son" lulwhat?
"I Know how to make Fox Down-B Larger" Orrly?
"The People who use Advanced stuff.. used cuz they Can't play good" LoL
"One day I find out how to pull out ganon's sword and used in the battle" (****ing drugs).

and much more.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
"You can unlock sonic and tails just by getting 20+ K.O's on Cruel Melee!" - All of the ******** websites, 8 year olds, and n00bs who saw it on the ******** websites. I swear, if anyone ever tries to tell me this again, I will hit them.

You can find all kinds of absolute garbage about unlockables on this one site (Forgot the name). Now, the absolute most ridiculous thing in the history of things I saw on that site was:

"How to unlock Batman: Beat Classic mode 50,000 times". I am not making this up, the website actually said that.

Kips

Smash Ace
Metrosexual means to act effeminate without actually being of the male-loving persuasion. Another funny thing that I hate myself for saying during a match:
"I WILL TRACK DOWN AND DESTROY EVERY PICHU IN THE WORLD." Shortly after losing to my friend playing Pichu. Oh the humiliation.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Hmm. Thanks for that. So.....

...AHA! I disprove Ken's Peach Theory! I can't play with Peach at all, and I act kinda... Feminine.

...What? I like my hair, okay? Nyah! :p

Wow. Losing to a Pichu... Well, your idea's a good one.

:evil:

4 Aces

Smash Ace
"Young Link's upB is better than Link's upB, because it hits multiple times." It's especially annoying when you try to tell them that Link's upB is better and then you start explaining it to them, but they're not listening, or are not convinced, or does not get the concept (or doesn't understand what you're saying).

Link's upB is better; even I knew this when I was a noob.

Alternate275

Smash Journeyman
OMG, I was playing with some smash n00bs and played the match on for fun...
He's never played with tourney rules, so he wasn't used to a time limit.
Then time was running out and he said...
"OH NO! TIME'S RUNNING OUT. IT'S LIKE A-A-A VIDEO GAME!!!!!"

After that comment, I had to slap him >.<

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
"Falco is the same as fox, exept he falls faster, his jump is worse, his wavedash is a different length, his lazer does different things, his shine sends the opponent up (Which definitely doesn't completely change his combos), he has a spike, some of his attacks do different things, and he runs slower. See, no difference at all." - Pretty much a combination of all the n00bs I've ever seen, 2005(When I got melee) - 2008
If I could cough up one word to sum the "Falco is same as Fox" quote up...FAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom