• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Metrosexual means to act effeminate without actually being of the male-loving persuasion. Another funny thing that I hate myself for saying during a match:
"I WILL TRACK DOWN AND DESTROY EVERY PICHU IN THE WORLD." Shortly after losing to my friend playing Pichu. Oh the humiliation.
I feel your pain Kips. Lost to a Pichu on Hyrule Temple. My friend would never let me hear the end of it...:mad:

Fawriel

Smash Master
You mean... Young Link's Up+B isn't better? My world is crumbling... But my question is serious here- Are his arrows better or not? It's been a constant source of debate.
They are in pretty much every respect. Old Link's arrows do more damage and fly further when fully charged, but honestly, when CAN you ever fully charge them?

And, you don't have to feel bad about losing to a Pichu. Otherwise, everyone who's challenged Chudat at a certain tournament would have to cover their heads in plastic bags for a week or two.
And it's not like he's actually the worst character. =P

IDontHaveAClue

Smash Rookie
Hey Xyouareuglyx2 you're telling us that kid says so. So what man. I'm pretty sure you wouldnt notice any lag when you first played it. You're just a noob for posting it here.

Kips

Smash Ace
You don't understand- He picked up Pichu randomly for fun. He abused his B and B Down without knowing they would damage him. He used SKULL BASH as a FINISHER. And I STILL LOST! WITH MY MAIN. I was ready to stab myself.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Hey Xyouareuglyx2 you're telling us that kid says so. So what man. I'm pretty sure you wouldnt notice any lag when you first played it. You're just a noob for posting it here.
Umm.. yes, of course posting something that someone else did on a forum makes me a noob at a video game.

Of course that makes complete sense.

p.s.

Ryan? Is that you... :laugh:

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
Well actually, the 'Wow Pichu is borken' Statement didn't stand for long.

I was playing Ness against a friend who was new to smash... and they picked pichu >_>

Just because you hit my ness once with Pichu's forward smash does not mean pichu is broken! I still killed you four times in the same match!

I think they were confused as to why they were taking damage when I wasn't hitting them too...

D.B

Smash Ace
"falcon punch is the cheapest move in the game it kills you at like 0%"

That is the exact quote from my friend who also said

"mario is the best"

vZakat

Half Genie
I was at a tournament and a noob and his friend were talking. I heard him said "dash dancing is for people who can't decide which way to go".

Fawriel

Smash Master
This is rather off-topic, but... I recently remembered one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say about any game.

It was many years ago, I was reading some gaming magazine aimed at children. The magazine had a section for cheats. You could submit them and you'd win a small amount of money if they were printed out. Fair enough.
Except there was a cheat for the first generation of Pokemon games.
"Infinite tries to catch Zapdos."

"Save before talking to him."

Kips

Smash Ace
This is rather off-topic, but... I recently remembered one of the dumbest thing I've ever heard anyone say about any game.

It was many years ago, I was reading some gaming magazine aimed at children. The magazine had a section for cheats. You could submit them and you'd win a small amount of money if they were printed out. Fair enough.
Except there was a cheat for the first generation of Pokemon games.
"Infinite tries to catch Zapdos."

"Save before talking to him."

...I laughed and cried and I dropped my popcorn. That sounds very similar to the infinite mewtwo glitch, the infinite (insert legendary) glitch and the almighty How to Beat the Final Boss glitch.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
"Dude, Smash Bros. is so stupid! Do you even have a life? It's just a bunch of dumb kiddy Nintendo characters."

Said by a kid in my class today...

Also creator of the infamous "Dude, Nintendo is so g$#. Just grow up and buy a PS3."

Dragmire

Smash Lord
I TYPZ ON DA WIINTERNET PS3 CAN'T DO THIS hahalol! anyone intent on flamin me I know it can online type I'm just joking

sorry I got carried away from my friend just today "Why aren't I hitting you" then me "I'm hitting you first" him again "SOOO"

mickaleaf

Smash Cadet
"I still can't tell the difference between Zelda and Link." My brother said that, but he doesn't know much about video games, let alone Smash. Also, he just meant he mixes up the NAMES, not characters.

mickaleaf

Smash Cadet
I just had a stupid conversation with my cousin. I'd asked him if he wanted to be in my tournament and who he would be. He said "Godzilla". After that, it was mostly me saying things like "And his B move only has like, 12 pixels of range!" Much fun.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I saw this on a comment on some youtube video today. In the background The Legend of Zelda music for Hyrule stage was playing and someone precedes to state "I was just playing smash and heard this i was lyk wow pokemon ftw! " ...........

Stewie1288

Smash Apprentice
Friend playing as Ganon, myself as CF.

"How can you grab me when I'm about to hit you! That's soooo stupid!"

(He was trying to spam fsmash/dsmash and I'd run in and grab him just before they'd hit me) =P

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.>
"Mewtwo sucks!"
and...
"Hah! You fell off the edge on your last stock! That means I'm better than you."(I had to catch a ride home, and I didn't have time to deal with him.)
and finally...
"Mario has better range than Dr.Mario."
-DD

ssbmfan1300

Smash Rookie
"sidestepping and rolling is cheating btw how can i unlock mario"
wtf has this guy even played the game:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom