• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vts

Smash Champion
'Turn off your speed hacks my fox cant move that fast'
'WTF moon walking leave that to break dancers its a fighting game not ddr game'
"Mewtwo must me top tier his down b stuns u"
"when did roy get a spike!!??"

and many more that i cant think of right now most of these are from school tournament :) funny seeing people who dont understand it.

-peace vts

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
I've heard some things from others like:

"SSBM is gay!"
"Stop hurting me."
"Horray for EMO KIRBY! Zebra Style!"
"That's rite son! Watch me beat the living crap out of that stupid gay a** monkey!"
"Time 2 get physical on you!"

wiito

Smash Apprentice
i've heard a friend of mine saying to me "im going to retire because you never let me touch the ground"

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
"You use gameshark/action replay, huh?" (this kid annoys me, and believes that wavedashing is a mad glitch made my cheats.

"Did you know sonic and toad can be unlocked?" (same kid, annoys the hell out of me so badly. don't talk to him at all that much.)

Patinator

Smash Champion
O_o Some people really ARE stupid. O___O AND some people really say horrible words! >___________<

Let's have some classics here...

"C-Stick is cheap!"

"Wavedash is cheap/stupid!"

"L-Canceling is a glitch!"

"Brawl won't be good without Wavedashing!"

"We need wavedashing..." I personally quote the famous Mew2King on this one. :rollseyes:

"Saying you're a n00b takes away the n00biness!"

Well, really, that last one's just funny. XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Someone says tiers don't matter. He thinks that all characters are equal because of items, and stages. Actually, from what it looks like to me, the top tier characters actually have the most overall advantages in terms of stages AND items if they are used.

I'm just ****ed off at this guy who rags on me anytime I bring up the word tier. I dunno, you agree with me that he just doesn't know a thing about Smash?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The guy doesn't believe in tournament rules. However items actually HELP the top tiers stay top tier in a lot of ways from what I know, and the top tiers generally have the most solid stage options, so if I'm right, then his point is a bunch of moot. He doesn't want to listen to a thing I say which makes me ****ed off.

Here is his post:

Here's a bit of info for you: A CHARACTER'S USEFULNESS IS NOT BASED ONLY ON 1V1S ON GENERALLY INACTIVE STAGES WITH NO ITEMS AND 100% DAMAGE LIKE YOU SEEM TO THINK. THERE ARE SO MANY WAYS TO CHANGE UP THE GAME PLAY, THAT EVERY CHARACTER WOULD HAVE SOME SORT OF ADVANTAGE. I don't think I can make it any more obvious this time. I'm not even going to try and prove it; it's beyond nerdy. Just play the game with different settings and you'll see.
This guy doesn't know his counterpicks. The stages we allow give specific advantages to all different characters, but oh well, the top tiers in general **** on most stages pls.

I'll bring up items, which top tiers win in thanks to the Reflector. Oh and the top tiers generally don't have very long distance recovery, so items help them more in that category too.

Eh, care to help relieve me here?

Patinator

Smash Champion
@_@

Wow. That guy is dumb. What was that part about 100%? Tell him tiers are based on tournament rules, and they don't bother with anything else.

What a n00b he/she/it/potato is. :rotfl:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well I'm glad he's not an admin of THIS forum!
yes, he's an admin of another. @_@

100% damage I think is to do with tweaking the strength of attacks in a match. Screw it, the top tiers have too many good killing moves anyway so they'd still come out ahead of everybody.

Now he's not gonna listen to anything that has to do with tournament rules. So I dunno, it's just seriously, tiers are really accurate with how good characters are in ALL situations except Homerun contest really. No seriously, and he wants to say all characters are equal? Nonsense!

And so many stages get banned because the top tiers are too good in them. Seriously, aren't tournament rules there to balance out gameplay with all characters?

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, you definately have a point about you're last sentence. Although most cases are just cheap noob tactics, IE Fox laser spamming on Temple, then dashing away before getting hit. -_-;

Tiers are accurate. Not battle-deciding. But accurate. If only he would listen to you. Or have you gotten a chance to talk to him, with my previous advice?

Tiers are based on tournament rules, and don't bother anything else.
But you're right; Shine pwns in all forms of gameplay...

...Which is why I only secondary Falco, and no Fox. I SHALL PROVE THAT ROY AND FALCON ARE AWESOME!

Well, just Falcon. ^^;

sunflash

Smash Cadet
" Peach sucks"

" Shut up ya all wak il scrape you"

me " hey you know how to wave dash"
( i wave dash all over the screen)

friend " you could wavedash all you want ill still smack you all across the screen"

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
...Which is why I only secondary Falco, and no Fox. I SHALL PROVE THAT ROY AND FALCON ARE AWESOME!

Well, just Falcon. ^^;
Mentioning Falcon, wouldn't he have a near infinite recovery if he had a bunny hood? Or am I mistaken? Yep, more proof that items do help the higher tiers more.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Ouendanation (11:29:26 PM): Is it ok to triple main?
Me14k (11:29:34 PM): lol
Me14k (11:29:40 PM): you can only have one main.
Me14k (11:29:44 PM): period

ToRn_PaTh

Smash Apprentice
I heard these "opinions" last week when I went to my friend's house.

1) "We play 1vs1 with items. You get to pick what item to enable then I get to choose, OK?" - When I asked him what rules they play competitively

2) "At least I don't jump around like an idiot!" - This was his response to my Fox's SHFFLED neutral airs/backairs/downairs.

3) "If items were turned on, I would've beat you man" - In response to me pwning him in dittos of all his favorite characters.

Edit: Just remembered a 4th one

4) "Omg you use C-Stick, too! That's like... only like... lazy people use it!" - When he saw me tapping the C-Stick to forwardsmash him

5) "Edgehogging is so god**** cheap!" - After he dies from me holding onto the ledge.

xyouxarexuglyx2

Smash Lord
Noob: Brandon, you can't handle my new technique. It's called the Marth shuffle.
Brandon: Don't you mean the SHFFL?
Noob: No, the Marth shuffle.

Funny thing is, this is the same douchebag who says Marth is garbage and Roy is good :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"I don't see the point of wavedashing. It's just like running, only faster. Honestly, no use for it at all." - President of my school's Smash Brothers Club.

I'm glad I quit.

Patinator

Smash Champion
A2, you have a point! Falcon with a Bunny Hood... His double-jump is uber high. Add in perhaps a Falcon Kick-uber double jump-Up-B, and you got yourselves an ultimate recovery.

(Not counting Jigglypuff + Bunny Hood. O_O)

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
A few months ago, my older brother and I smashed. We did this for seven hours as matter of fact. We played without items the whole time.

"Why are the items off," He said the whole time. I told him that the items would be off this time around. He sat there and all he could do is frown. He kept complaining about items, so I turned them on. Even with this, he still got owned.

Next, he blamed it on the character. He said that mine was better. I was getting tired of alternating between Mario and Fox. So he suggested he that would beat me as Fox. Of course, I seriously thought not. I pick Bowser just to test my theory. I beat my brother, and he had no query. He told me that ,"Bowser was faster." I rolled on the floor in laughter.

My brother never smashed with me since that glorious day. I have been playing by myself everyday since.

cam`

Smash Apprentice
A few months ago, my older brother and I smashed. We did this for seven hours as matter of fact. We played without items the whole time.

"Why are the items off," He said the whole time. I told him that the items would be off this time around. He sat there and all he could do is frown. He kept complaining about items, so I turned them on. Even with this, he still got owned.

Next, he blamed it on the character. He said that mine was better. I was getting tired of alternating between Mario and Fox. So he suggested he that would beat me as Fox. Of course, I seriously thought not. I pick Bowser just to test my theory. I beat my brother, and he had no query. He told me that ,"Bowser was faster." I rolled on the floor in laughter.

My brother never smashed with me since that glorious day. I have been playing by myself everyday since.
**** way to go you owned that kid who obviously doesn't take this game half as seriously as you do. that will teach him

roy_owns

Smash Lord
"Jigglypuff sucks, her down B is blowing bubbles"

"Pokemon shouldn't be in Melee their made by the devil"

"Melee coming out for PSP?"

shizzlee

Smash Apprentice
Cereal Rabbit, I am a she, not a he. Also, I have another rhyme for thee.

I asked my older brother if he would play with me today. He replied by saying, "Smash is gay." I asked why, and he had no reason. Then he decided tis the season. He said playing smash with me would be a late Christmas present. After the beating in smash, I don't have it at the present. He was so angry that he took the game out of my Wii. He cracked it in two right in front of me. I was very mad, indeed. He replied by saying, "That game is gay. You play it by yourself every day. That is the reason why you are better than me." I told him, "How can this be? You watch me play all the time. I even died 4 times on purpose so that I would have five stocks against nine." He sat there and told me that the ,"game was rigged." I told him that this was a fib. I made him so mad, I thought it was neat. I even forgot about half of smash being under my feet. He told me that I had an "invincible cheat." I slapped him and told him to go buy me another copy. I was mad at him for destroying my hobby.

And now my brother went to Wal-Mart to go buy me another Smash. When he get back, I have something for his ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom