• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
"I can beat any of you people. I can beat two level 9 computers without dieing in a 5 stock match."

I seriously can't tell whether or not this guy is joking.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
(There is a little story that goes with this, but its pretty funny). There was a tourney that happened last year in omaha and apparently some kid that heard about the tournament wanted to come and he started posting in the tourney thread.... and darkrain was going to come to the tourney and i wanted to find out if this guy was a total noob or if he had any talent at all..... so i sent him a darkrain video and after he watches it he proceeds to tell me that.... "im not really impressed at all, i mean hell he was edgeguarding and that is really dirty" probably the funniest thing i have ever heard in my life.... btw this kid did end up coming to the tourney and dmac money matched him and 4 stocked him if my memory is right.....

DokturSea

Smash Lord
"That game sucks"

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that one guy who joined here a while back, I forget his name, who HONESTLY thought he was the best there was because he always beats his friends.

Oh, and daisythirdeye saying anything higher than a level 5 CPU is "too aggressive". I lawled when I read that.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
I've got one. I was playing my friend, he was Marth and I was Doc. I caped his recovery and he floated off the edge - NO DI.

"That's so OP, Marth can't possibly counter Dr. Mario. What a cheap character."

I'm not great, certainly no pro, and I couldn't stop laughing.

Next round, I did the same thing to Fox's UpB and he went ballistic. Good times.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Me: So you like to play Smash Bros?
Noob: Yeah, I'm real good with Fox.
Me: Cool, so do you know about wavedashing etc.?
Noob: No, but I'm really good with his fire move.
Me: ._."

nux23

Smash Ace
GODDAMMIT IF YOU DON"T DIE THIS FREAKING INSTANT I'M GOING TO KILL YOU

unpause so I can kill u

Hey!! let's destroy the shooter on fox's starship(it is destroyable u kno)

SW_BoD

Smash Cadet
^ O.o. LOL!!!
That's great. I can't believe someone wouldn't know that! lol!

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
what is smashing?

^^^ that would probably be the dummest thing a noob could ever say never heard one say it though.

Funniest noob vid ever:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4304875436463996058&q=captain+falcon+dustin&hl=en

Read the description, he put his myspace on it. Other funny stuff he is completing adventure mode most likely on very easy, which is even funnier, caue normally a noob would be showing off about beating it on very hard mode. The movie editing, and music is also funny.

He messed up his myspace url its: http://www.myspace.com/capfalcon

His myspace makes everything 10x funnier.

This just a sample of his myspace:

Dustin's Blurbs
"About me:
I like to own noobs useing captain falcon in super smash brothers. When the noob (pretty much anyone who isnt me) says something bad about falcon its when i bring out the falcon punch. Face it, falcon is strongest and fastest character in super smash brothers, noone can beat him.
Who I'd like to meet:
The person who made the voice of captain falcon, he rocks"

This guy commented on his myspace not sure if it was a joke:

"Only added you to say this... you SUCK at SSBM! i'm pretty sure your video of you playing adventure on very easy mode is just a joke, but if not, you're pathetic. you and me, Falco vs. Falcon, i'll ****ing destroy you. Better yet, I'll just use Kirby or Mewtwo and rip you apart. Even if it's freaking adventure mode, your fighting style is level 6 cpu. You pretty much suck. Post a video of you fighting a level 9 Fox, he would tear you to shreds because you suck."

GimpyFish also made fun of him.

andrewshen123

Smash Apprentice
Thornhill, ON, Canada, in the L3T area code area.
what is smashing?

^^^ that would probably be the dummest thing a noob could ever say never heard one say it though.

Funniest noob vid ever:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4304875436463996058&q=captain+falcon+dustin&hl=en

Read the description, he put his myspace on it. Other funny stuff he is completing adventure mode most likely on very easy, which is even funnier, caue normally a noob would be showing off about beating it on very hard mode. The movie editing, and music is also funny.

He messed up his myspace url its: http://www.myspace.com/capfalcon

His myspace makes everything 10x funnier.

This just a sample of his myspace:

Dustin's Blurbs
"About me:
I like to own noobs useing captain falcon in super smash brothers. When the noob (pretty much anyone who isnt me) says something bad about falcon its when i bring out the falcon punch. Face it, falcon is strongest and fastest character in super smash brothers, noone can beat him.
Who I'd like to meet:
The person who made the voice of captain falcon, he rocks"

This guy commented on his myspace not sure if it was a joke:

"Only added you to say this... you SUCK at SSBM! i'm pretty sure your video of you playing adventure on very easy mode is just a joke, but if not, you're pathetic. you and me, Falco vs. Falcon, i'll ****ing destroy you. Better yet, I'll just use Kirby or Mewtwo and rip you apart. Even if it's freaking adventure mode, your fighting style is level 6 cpu. You pretty much suck. Post a video of you fighting a level 9 Fox, he would tear you to shreds because you suck."

GimpyFish also made fun of him.
lol i remember that.

watch from 2:53 to 2:58. notice how he has 4 stocks in one and 5 in the next? he actually had to restart to get past that.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
This happened yesterday:

"Its too bad this game isn't on Xbox"
"Yeah, that sucks"

I managed to not say anything and just ignore them. XD

Hitaro

Smash Rookie
"Roy is THE strongest character in the game".

And, after I was talking about Smash for a while

"that game sucks, the only reason it sold is beacause it had Mario in it"

And I can cope with KoopaBros., my high school does random "XBox tournaments", and a kid asked if there could be Zelda...

marthsword

Smash Ace
Today i found some noob saying this in the tournament ads section-
"I have an announcement thing. Why do people wavedash? It takes like 3 seconds to do it, and youre opponent will like, hit you 3 times in the time it takes you to wavedash! I need your opinions on this, thanx.

(after is spend lots of time teaching my friend to edgehog,) "I don't want to edgehog, it's cheap and not fair, and i can win anyway"

"Pikachu is the best in the game because pikachu has thunder!"

(After I used Luigi's up+b once,)
me: yay, your dead!
friend: Your spamming, stop being a spammer!
me: ???I used that move once!
friend: yeah, but youre spamming because i know you'll do it again!

Other friend: im reallly good, ill beat you be pressing buttons!
me: sure you will
A few minutes later - Friend - no how could i lose. We played 5 stocks, and i only hit you once!

Roy's faster than Marth!

"I play kirby, cos' when i swallow you it does 20 damage!

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
Me going easy on a noob. I just charge up a smash and he walks into it.

Him: You can charge up moves?!!?!

DefecationX

Smash Cadet
"how come you move so fast, you are obviously cheating (turns off the GC)"
"Roy is the best caracter, He can just rol behind you and smash you"
"stop using your shield"
"FD is the worst map"

Zink

Smash Champion
"Mewtwo is the best because you unlock him last!"
Funny part is you don't even find him last, that would be GAW.

Smash Master
"Wait, when you damage the bag in home run contest it goes farther!?"

"There's a bat in home run contest? Really?"

Said by two different people, one of which has a BTT time of 4:44:44, which I find really good even though it's not world record or anything.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Yesterday some people wanted to play special melees... we were playing invisible melee... after the first one they told me I couldnt use jigglypuff because I kept resting them...

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
This thread keeps getting better :
n00b: ''Yes, im serius!. Sonic and tails are in this game!''
Me: *laughs*

n00b: ''yes, in japan the the new smash bros is called Smash BrosU nited and it features characters from sony, microsoft and nintendo...even Dante is in it!!''
(this was said by a n00b in november 2005) xD

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
"Stop grabbing me"
First, a short story: I play Smash at school, you see, and every Friday night, there's this chess club that is held in the same building, and for a few hours before the club starts, the president of the chess club will come over and smash with us. Of course, I NORMALLY don't have problems with this or anyone jumping in for a couple rounds o' Smash, but he's got a slight problem with tournament-like rules (i.e: 4 to 5 stock, 8 minute time-limit, no items, 1.0 DAMAGE RATIO (yes, that's right, he complained about 1.0 damage ratio), etc. etc...) which I like to generally play by, and I think it's fair to say that most people like to play by these types of rules. He complains that "tournament rules aren't HIS rules, therefore, if I can't beat him with HIS rules, then I'm not a 1337 |-|4><0|2 Master like he is"....which he isn't (BTW, his rules are: items (1 item of your choice) set to VERY HIGH, 2.0 damage ratio (yes that's right, 2.0), NO GRABBING! GRABBING RESULTS IN A 1 LIFE PENALTY!!!, and also 40-stock... O_O 40-stock?!?!? yes, that's right: 40-stock) .

Now the n00b commentS (yes, he said more than one n00b comment in less time than it takes to wavedash across FoD with Luigi): So I asked him (about many things really, but this generated the most interesting response...) about the no-grabbing rule, and he stated, and I QUOTE, "GRABBING IS A COWARDICE ATTACK (also, I want to mention he says that it's a 'coward's move' also)"!!! Wow. Wow. And just for emhasis....WOW. Oh, it gets better. He says that he, and again I quote, "doesn't know how to grab"...and guess what he does in-game? That's right, my friends, he grabs me. This not only infuriates me, but I then proceeded to go on an upthrow frenzy with Jiggs (instant death at 2.0 FREAKING DAMAGE RATIO!!!) and a shine frenzy with Falco (also an instant death). Guess what he tried to do the entire time? Up-b with Doc. Kinda lame, y'know? NOT ONLY THAT, but he asked me to stop spamming. He was also angry at the fact that I could kill him so easily, yet, he couldn't kill me even once. So we did a ditto match. It didn't help his anger.

So in conclusion, I believe this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard a n00b say: "Grabbing is a COWARD'S move/ Cowardice attack"

nutinbutadime

Smash Rookie
it thats no skill to play smash bros all i have to do is be marth and counter(down+B) thats all it takes to beat that ken guy or anyone else

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
"i would have won if you didnt use that light saber combo, the one where go A, B, A, A, triple-R, and A and B together..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom