• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!?!?!" after i jsut came off with some amazing combo with ganon...face shot...priceless

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
hmm, kinda of topic, but since when could Ganon pull off amazing combos (besides chain grabs)?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Lol, whoever linked to the "who's your smash bros character?" thread on the Nintendo Forums, I love you. This is by far the best thread ever. (It's here for anyone interested: http://www.wiispace.com/forum/gamecube/841-whos-your-smash-bros-character.html)

Here are a few others

"Samus can wall jump too, I'm not sure how many characters can do it or if they all can. Its pretty pointless."

"I COMPLETELY OWN WITH STAR FOX.....if anyone dares to challenge me good luck but u probably wouldnt be able too get to my house...IM NOT TELLING ANYONE WHERE I LIVE......but i am **** good with star fox"

"come on fox is one of the worst characters!!!"

"personally i think falco is the least used b/c he sucks "

The list goes on and on >_>

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
This is from that link that Pve set up.

"my guy is either fox or falco, they're both the same anyway so it doesn't really matter who I choose."

....wow

Eci4

Smash Ace
"What game is this that we are playing?"
"Lol pokemon suck"
"whoa...there are 2 links?"
other than pokemon suck, I fail to see how any of these things are the dumbest thing you've heard a n00b say.... I mean, you cannot blame a person for not knowing the game... its a great game, but not everyone is obsessed with it...

Kay, now for my nooby thing a person says... at the mtgsalvation forum, there was this...

DK counters marth, you just gotta charge up his donkey punch, and marth can never get close to you...

In teams last night, someone had me grabbed, and he said something along the lines of get over here and start hitting him (it was 2 vs 1 at the time) and his teamate never got around to hitting me... but he said "Come on, you gotta work the chain grabs"....

I have no idea what that was even supposed to mean

Smash Master
The noobest thing I've heard people say about smash is calling people cheap or booing them for winning or doing something they don't like.
Yeah, but that Wobbles infinite is pretty horrifying the first time you see it. I'm not justifying the booing or saying that I would have participated or anything. Just saying that people get nervous when they see a relatively easy to use 0-death combo in any fighting game.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
the ICs infinite grab is lame, it's easy to pull off and is considered cheap by many players, including IC players, it is banned in japan and looking at teh rules of what we play tournaments by, it should be as it is a technique that results in an instant loss of stock which makes it an illegal technique, it also loses us IC players recognition in a tournament for using the hardest character in the game ti play

pirkid

Smash Lord
Stop running away, I can't hit you!

*After I win*

OMG ,you so cheap, you stupid, running away all the time, haha, scaredy cat!

This was in my first (and so far, only) tourney.

Swear to god, he talked like a CS noob.
Literally.

Naota-Kun

Smash Journeyman
I remember my friend at a another forum who mains Link and Roy, who is called Magdelena Kira claims that Jigglypuff sucks and Roy and Link are the bets characters in the game? Why si it n00bs believe all Top Tiers are swordsmen? And she seems to be unable to play Jigglypuff for **** because she said Jigglypuff can't get back on the stage. Evere heard of Pound?

L0RD FOX

Smash Rookie
"o cmon fox is glitched with his shiny thing i just keep bouncing off"
"how come when you had like 200 % and i hit u agianst wall u didn't die u cheater"
"if I used fox ID WIN EVERY MATCH 2"
"how come u can do the sidestep thing without roling"
"foxs lazer thing is cheep it make go up to like a million damage"
"ur AVSLY CHEATING if u win every match ****ing gosh cheater"

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
"WAT? How'd you know where I was?" - a 6 year old.
I know, I know, a 6 year old, but still... it cracked me up.

foxshomie

Smash Rookie
on the site that pye posted, so many people were bragging bout how good they think they are, thats pretty nooby right there. i bet they beat a lv. 9 comp and decided they were good, idk.

REØ

Smash Lord
^Lol

I was playing against this kid at a local game store and he was like 17 or 18 and he said he was extremely good with Roy because he have been playing the game for years, anyway I used Pichu against him and 4 stocked him using all these advanced techs and being flashy as much as I could and through out the whole match he only noticed me doing 2 different taunts with Pichu and went like "oh **** that's cool how'd you do 2 different taunts with Pichu!!11!!1." Lol so funny.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^Lol

I was playing against this kid at a local game store and he was like 17 or 18 and he said he was extremely good with Roy because he have been playing the game for years, anyway I used Pichu against him and 4 stocked him using all these advanced techs and being flashy as much as I could and through out the whole match he only noticed me doing 2 different taunts with Pichu and went like "oh **** that's cool how'd you do 2 different taunts with Pichu!!11!!1." Lol so funny.
LMAO, yea, most noobs don't notice advanced techs at all xD

btw, 17/18 year olds aren't considered kids >.>

A-Laon

Smash Master
In a free for all with some friends of mine, a very nooby Roy was just standing around charging up a flare blade. I dodged it and he said:

"Ah yeah, you almost fell into my trap!"

I laughed. :p

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
This one is new ppl!!
The past weekend we held a tourny and a friend of mine (a very good Falco player btw),
got his @$$ handed to him on the semifinals againts an awesome Mario player (the Mario got 2nd, a sheik got 1st).
Anyways, he said this:
'' Pssst!!! I lost because Mario is broken!!! NOBODY knows how to fight against Mario!! '' xD

Ceriph

Smash Apprentice
"Marth is a sucky character"

"Link has no recovery at all"

"I can't get better!"

and oh...

"Fox SUCKS!"

"Kirby ***** fox..."

Ya that's about all.

Ryaneatworld

Smash Apprentice
"Marth is a sucky character"

"Link has no recovery at all"

"I can't get better!"

and oh...

"Fox SUCKS!"

"Kirby ***** fox..."

Ya that's about all.
haha what an idiot.

No one sucks, no one is the best.

Link has bomb jumping.

SHDFhFH maybe if he tried he'd get better.

NO ONE SUCKS

and its not the character that does the ****** its the player

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
what is smashing?

^^^ that would probably be the dummest thing a noob could ever say never heard one say it though.

Funniest noob vid ever:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4304875436463996058&q=captain+falcon+dustin&hl=en

Read the description, he put his myspace on it. Other funny stuff he is completing adventure mode most likely on very easy, which is even funnier, caue normally a noob would be showing off about beating it on very hard mode. The movie editing, and music is also funny.

He messed up his myspace url its: http://www.myspace.com/capfalcon

His myspace makes everything 10x funnier.

This just a sample of his myspace:

Dustin's Blurbs
"About me:
I like to own noobs useing captain falcon in super smash brothers. When the noob (pretty much anyone who isnt me) says something bad about falcon its when i bring out the falcon punch. Face it, falcon is strongest and fastest character in super smash brothers, noone can beat him.
Who I'd like to meet:
The person who made the voice of captain falcon, he rocks"

This guy commented on his myspace not sure if it was a joke:

"Only added you to say this... you SUCK at SSBM! i'm pretty sure your video of you playing adventure on very easy mode is just a joke, but if not, you're pathetic. you and me, Falco vs. Falcon, i'll ****ing destroy you. Better yet, I'll just use Kirby or Mewtwo and rip you apart. Even if it's freaking adventure mode, your fighting style is level 6 cpu. You pretty much suck. Post a video of you fighting a level 9 Fox, he would tear you to shreds because you suck."

GimpyFish also made fun of him.
He was right about one thing. Falcon does own.....

"I'll bet you five bucks you won't kill my Roy once with your reflector."
'twas a good day. Got me a Slurpee
Hooray for 7eh slurpee.

I was just checking out that Wiispace site. That Wiifro guys posts mostly involved his pants. And others interacting with said pants.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
"I hate that bat! why does it have such long range?"

"What? how did that hit me? i was standing right next to you" (ness' bat again)

"oh...my..god... you can hit me with that?" (Pk thunder recover)

"I would have won if I didn;t upB too late" (ice climbers. nana already dead)

woody72691

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by Dantedemonslayr
wtf??? I got neg repped for my post.

How could i have said anything offensive? I was just saying stuff ive heard.

Originally Posted by Plan 9
Guess who else had one or two games, Tumble and the Stay Puffed Marshmellow Man!

God you're a douche.

wow plan 9 u get neg rep

Cartman

Smash Rookie
"Fox is so cheap"
"Stop using down-B"
"Fox is too fast"

Atleast one of these phrases is said when me and my friends play melee. <3 Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom