• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkapprentice

Smash Apprentice
Worst one I ever heard was this:

"Whats the point of wavedashing?"
And I proceded to show that smashes can be executed while moving during edgeguarding.

Other ones:
"How come I can't get out of the ICs blizzard CG combo move?" (I only use it if the opponent is trying to button mash out of the grab and I know he won't be able to DI out of it because he's too busy button mashing)

"I can beat you with Pichu!" He proceeds to do side b move the whole time and down b as well.

"Falcon Punch FTW!" - n00b player used to have trouble beating him last semester coz I didn't learn all the adv moves but now I'm better technically so he's a breeze to kill.

Eci4

Smash Ace
How do you jump? seriously, my neighnor asked me that.
seriously, this is a legitimate question even if they don't mean which button do YOU use... I mean, it sounds like it was the person's first time playing. To say that this is a stupid thing to say is a little elitist... I mean the game may be commonplace to you, but not everyone else plays... I think dumb things noobs say are generally noobs bein all oh yeah Im awesome, or them saying I know all about how the pros play (and them being obviously wrong)

usea

Smash Ace
The noobest thing I've heard people say about smash is calling people cheap or booing them for winning or doing something they don't like.

smashman90

Smash Lord
seriously, this is a legitimate question even if they don't mean which button do YOU use... I mean, it sounds like it was the person's first time playing. To say that this is a stupid thing to say is a little elitist... I mean the game may be commonplace to you, but not everyone else plays... I think dumb things noobs say are generally noobs bein all oh yeah Im awesome, or them saying I know all about how the pros play (and them being obviously wrong)
My neighbor has been playing Melee for quite a while actually. Yet I keep having to explain how to do everything in it when he should know it by now. It gets on my nerves sometimes because he is a gamer and he knows how to do combos for fighting games yet he doesn't know how to on smash bros. It is kinda weird though, I know that it takes time for some people but this is just kinda weird.

Eci4

Smash Ace
kay not so bad then.. some people just dont take to smash though.... my best friend tried playing it so many times, but he never really got the controls... I guess he just found it too different

smashman90

Smash Lord
Yeah and I have been trying to train my neighbor so that he could be a formidable opponent for me because I do not have much competition except my siblings but I don't get to play them that often so I have been trying to make the best out of the situation.

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
I found this one on youtube today :
''Ken is just chaintrowing-cheap bast*rd, he cant win without it!''

And another one, courtesy of a n00b friend:
''I think i can beat those guys (ken and Bombsoldier) they just play in super fast mode.'' xD

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Why have you posted so many times BD if its "spam".
"Dude, wtf is with that dust. It makes my attacks totally miss"
"Hyrule should so be tournament legal. YOu can just run away when you win.
I was just saying that because he mentioned it as a one of his favorites. People overthink, overlook, or just don't bother.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Why have you posted so many times BD if its "spam".
"Dude, wtf is with that dust. It makes my attacks totally miss"
"Hyrule should so be tournament legal. YOu can just run away when you win.
I was just saying that because he mentioned it as a one of his favorites. People overthink, overlook, or just don't bother.

Funcow

Smash Cadet
"Hey that's not fair, your Smash Attack isn't supposed to go through my Down B cause it's a shield!"
- My friend after he got schooled in Falco vs Falco

Jono

Smash Apprentice
"SSBM is gay. Go play some Halo."
"I was the King of this game. Then I lost my talent." <- I bet everyone has heard a variation of this. D:

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
"I was the King of this game. Then I lost my talent." <- I bet everyone has heard a variation of this. D:
Not me, but you can get rusty if you don't play it regularly. It happened to me I didn't play it for a year and I came back not used to it and was pathetic it was the only time Jon gave me a match by a match I mean he almost killed me one life.:laugh:

Smash Master
"I'll bet you five bucks you won't kill my Roy once with your reflector."
'twas a good day. Got me a Slurpee

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
"WTF. Peach is FLYING! That's cheating!"

"What's wavedash? I can probably do it, I just don't know your "nerd talk".

"Wow. Not letting me hit the ground is pretty **** cheap."

"I'm not good at this game cuz I have a life & don't play this game 24/7"

"This game has no replay value. Even the multiplayer is boring after 30 minutes."

"What the...how are you so good with Jigglypuff? It defies the logic of Super Smash!"

Guy: I never go all-out in a match unless I'm in a tourney. That's when I do all my wavedashing, waveshining ****.

Me: So you play Fox? (waveshine)

Guy: Nope, Fox is gay. Marth, Roy & Link is who I use.

I know I've had waaay more said to me. I just can't remember them all.

intheatrium

Smash Rookie
www.wiispace.com > nintendo forums > gamecube > "whos your smash bros character?"

It's like a breeding ground.

My personal favorites: "I always play as Ganondorf because he's my favorite Zelda character. My mom always plays as Marth and my dad plays as Ness."

"my guy is either fox or falco, they're both the same anyway so it doesn't really matter who I choose."

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That I'm not playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Last time I checked the game has 'options' for a reason. Basically, there's an infinite many ways it was meant to be played.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
"WTF. Peach is FLYING! That's cheating!"

"What's wavedash? I can probably do it, I just don't know your "nerd talk".

"Wow. Not letting me hit the ground is pretty **** cheap."

"I'm not good at this game cuz I have a life & don't play this game 24/7"

"This game has no replay value. Even the multiplayer is boring after 30 minutes."

"What the...how are you so good with Jigglypuff? It defies the logic of Super Smash!"

Guy: I never go all-out in a match unless I'm in a tourney. That's when I do all my wavedashing, waveshining ****.

Me: So you play Fox? (waveshine)

Guy: Nope, Fox is gay. Marth, Roy & Link is who I use.

I know I've had waaay more said to me. I just can't remember them all.
Lol nice ones. The one that says, "im not good at this game cuz i have a life & don't play this game 24/7" is definitely the main one i hear.

Adding to another one. "Dude!! bowser's wavedash is the best in the game. I mean it hurts the other people.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Look guys i know all of you guys are awesome at this game i love this game i would love to be better or like you guys, can anybody teach to wave dash and do all those things to make my characters move faster and have good accuracy. My best characters are fox and falco, if somebody can give me some tips specially on wave dashing, cause i've tried it but i just cant do it.
Please Help Me be better and someday be at the level of you all.
Thanks
Sincerely, Ernie
This was in the SMASH 64 FORUM mind you.

pwned142

Smash Cadet
:laugh: mine was
"whats a third jump, (tries it misses the platform) thats gay im never doing it again":chuckle: then he got 5 stocked, for the next month LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Aiser

Smash Lord
"I didn't know falco could be that good." - some guy who was playing fox against nus. lolol.

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
^ Aiser is back <3 <3 <3333

"You need help with Link? Use his Up B more" - random noob on the Link forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom