• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Example Ken is Marth and considered the best right? Then why isn't Marth top tier? Why is it that there are good Ice Climber players like Chu Dat they aren't top tier either? Who do you play as then?

Aiser

Smash Lord
Example Ken is Marth and considered the best right? Then why isn't Marth top tier? Why is it that there are good Ice Climber players like Chu Dat they aren't top tier either? Who do you play as then?
Because the tier list can't be defined by one person. thats why he isn't top tier.

REØ

Smash Lord
Most people make it seem that the tier list is a list based on character statistics but it's actually a list based on tourney results.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I like big butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny. when a girl walks in with itty bitty waist and round thing your face you get sprung!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yes, but since a player can win with a character that is low on the tier list it shows that thier is no definite best charcter.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
As my brother tells me "You're crap, you don't know anything" <-- He boasts a lot..and a person who boasts a lot tends to be a noob/a show off

One of the stupidest things I continue doing/thinking: "Wave dashing gives you a couple of invincibility frames"....it's a bad habit

I also enjoy this one "You can't play with fox if you don't know how to wave shine"....balony!! It could be useful but not essential

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
^mostly because only about 3 or 4 characters out of the X number characters in melee can be waveshined despite the opponent's DI. But then again, it doesn't hurt to know.

JFox

Smash Hero
Noob: I bet I can beat you at smash. Bring in your gamecube tomorrow.
Tomorrow:
Noob: I practices for 5 hours last night for this.
Noob: Do you have all the characters?
Me: Yea....
Noob: Oh...wow. You must have no life.

Than later, after I'm kicking his ***:
Noob: Did you beat event match number 50?
Me: Yeah...
Noob: Oh well than thats why I can't beat you! I haven't even beaten it yet!(I swear the tone of voice implied that beating event match 50 makes you cheap)

Oh OH almost forgot this part:
(Noob uses fox and keeps tapping A so that fox does his multiple kicks and hits me with some doing about 5%, than continues to spam it after I roll behind him)
Noob: This is my favorite move. hehe

charged fsmash

I four stocked 8 matches in a row, different characters every match. lol

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Noob: *constantly Fsmashes as Marth*
Me: "You should use other moves"
Noob: "How the hell are you supposed to win if you don't Fsmash!??!"
Me: "lolol" *proceeds to über pwn him*
I bet you could win a match just by standing still with Marth and f-smash...the same for every other character (you need to determine when the opponent will attack and POW):laugh:

Hyrule2

Smash Apprentice
I just heard this one in the Brawl thread about keeping glitches
"I want them to keep that item glitch. If someone throws an item at you and you press A at the right time, you grab the item!:chuckle: "
Well, maybe it wasn't worded like that, but that's the main idea.
:psycho:

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
"whats the point of wavedashing. dashing is so much better"
That's not a nooby thing to say, it can imply to competitive play. Ex. Mew2king's Fox dash dance camping instead of wavedash back, Ken's Marth, certain Cfalcon characters, blah blah (characters with good dashes).

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes, but not really, when a player starts to realize the full potential of a character, they do really stand out among the rest

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
There are some characters with more advantages then others. For example (no offense to Pichu lovers), but Fox deffinitly has more advantages then Pichu does. I know, I know, I'm comparing God Tier to Lowest of Low Tier, but you see my point? The reason Chu Dat does so well with the ICs is, well, first and formost, he's an amazing player, really. Secondly, ICs are counters to Fastfallers and Sheik (is she a Fastfaller? Not sure) because of their wicked powerful desynched grabs and chaingrabs. Alot of people play as Fastfallers. Chu would probably have some trouble against a good floaty player, like say, a Peach or a Samus.

Anyway, the reason a lower Tier character can beat a higher Teir one is not because the characters are even; they deffinitly aren't. It's because the players are UNeven. See what I mean? Beeing a better player > having a God Tier character. So, Basement, what you're argueing is that, for example, Link must be just as good as the God Tier characters, since Aniki wins tournies. My arguement is that Link may be "not as good" a character, but Aniki is such a skilled player that he makes up for it.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
noob:i bet u i can beat u with cf
me: u probally will i dont know i suck at this game
were fighting
noob: im so close to the edge but if i keep pressing to the side after i up+b i can never go over the edge there is nothing i can do since u keep grabbing the edge before i do!!!
me: then stop tapping and hold it.
noob:i love to tap because it takes more skill for me to tap then to just hold it that is just down right cheap, if u do that u suck with cf.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
On Halloween, there gonna be a nice little party.

Smash.

THere's this Egg Rolling n00b Yoshi friend of mine. He hates me and Samus.
I'm gonna 4 stock him. WITH YOSHI!!

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
His point is the fact that he will pwn Samus with Yoshi, an almost impossible tasks at many times. Plus, Haloween= Candy and obsessive Smash nerds dressing up as their favorite characters :)

REØ

Smash Lord
Lol so true Unsung Master.

I went to a "Smashoween Tourney" last week, it was fun you play smash and get a lot of candy, also their was this kid dressed up as Link and he looked like a green traffic cone, it was so funny, lol.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Anyone get Nintendo Power? If so, you probably recall a recent costume contest around the end of the mag. A skinny little man wearing a clown nose was attempting to dress like Tingle. Pathetic...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Jon is so annoying we showed him that a Kirby can live at higher percents even he doesn't listen. He is more than a noob he is an utter idiot.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
his brother is just as bad if not worse.

his brother"fire fox is the only attack someone should do as fox"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom