• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
lol thats messed up too man. i put that in my sig cuz it was funny. Not trying to get my frien d neg repped.

Maybe I should steer clear of this topic people seem easily offended.

(and and ty to whoever that was)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
To reply to this quote, I did a beam cancel, tried to spike my opponent out of the bomb jump, but obviously Marth's dair has more priority then, samus's dair, and when I got hit he said it was because I was lagging from the beam cancel. LOL. If you want proof:
Bomb Jump Form:
While in this form the same physics of the MorphBall apply. But you can interrupt this form as soon as you enter it with any attack.
Taken respectfully from: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=59039
This guy thinks he is a samus pro because he used to play samus, and yet he only beats me one on one 1 out of about every 7 times. There is a reason you quit samus, maybe because you weren't good?
Are you saying I just think I'm a samus pro and I don't know what I'm talking about, or are you just using me as a credible source?

Um... dumbest thing, probablly that jigglypuff and IC are bad characters. No, that samus' missles are as strong as a tipper from marth.

Blight

Smash Cadet
First, a short story: I play Smash at school, you see, and every Friday night, there's this chess club that is held in the same building, and for a few hours before the club starts, the president of the chess club will come over and smash with us. Of course, I NORMALLY don't have problems with this or anyone jumping in for a couple rounds o' Smash, but he's got a slight problem with tournament-like rules (i.e: 4 to 5 stock, 8 minute time-limit, no items, 1.0 DAMAGE RATIO (yes, that's right, he complained about 1.0 damage ratio), etc. etc...) which I like to generally play by, and I think it's fair to say that most people like to play by these types of rules. He complains that "tournament rules aren't HIS rules, therefore, if I can't beat him with HIS rules, then I'm not a 1337 |-|4><0|2 Master like he is"....which he isn't (BTW, his rules are: items (1 item of your choice) set to VERY HIGH, 2.0 damage ratio (yes that's right, 2.0), NO GRABBING! GRABBING RESULTS IN A 1 LIFE PENALTY!!!, and also 40-stock... O_O 40-stock?!?!? yes, that's right: 40-stock) .

Now the n00b commentS (yes, he said more than one n00b comment in less time than it takes to wavedash across FoD with Luigi): So I asked him (about many things really, but this generated the most interesting response...) about the no-grabbing rule, and he stated, and I QUOTE, "GRABBING IS A COWARDICE ATTACK (also, I want to mention he says that it's a 'coward's move' also)"!!! Wow. Wow. And just for emhasis....WOW. Oh, it gets better. He says that he, and again I quote, "doesn't know how to grab"...and guess what he does in-game? That's right, my friends, he grabs me. This not only infuriates me, but I then proceeded to go on an upthrow frenzy with Jiggs (instant death at 2.0 FREAKING DAMAGE RATIO!!!) and a shine frenzy with Falco (also an instant death). Guess what he tried to do the entire time? Up-b with Doc. Kinda lame, y'know? NOT ONLY THAT, but he asked me to stop spamming. He was also angry at the fact that I could kill him so easily, yet, he couldn't kill me even once. So we did a ditto match. It didn't help his anger.

So in conclusion, I believe this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard a n00b say: "Grabbing is a COWARD'S move/ Cowardice attack"
Hahahaha, oh man, that is too funny :laugh:

phish-it

Smash Champion
At a school tournament last week (yes those are the real deal):

Noob:"Captain Falcon's upmash is the strongest move in the game!"

Me: "No, it's not"

Noob:"Well it's the best move in the game."

You'd think that the Falcon Punch would be a lot cooler wouldn't you?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
When i beat my Yoshi obsessed Yoshi friend Yoshi with YOSHI, it was so funny, he got up and tackled me.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
LOL
Marth_Player_X2012:"Me: Dude I'm owning you

n00b:Thats because you just roll/run away when i charge my smashes like a little girl."

Terios the Hedgehog:"You don't let them hit you? You're such a jerk."

Marth_Player_X2012:"why would I let him do that?"

Terios the Hedgehog:"It was a joke....."

Champion Marth

Smash Rookie
i remember someone said i was cheating when i was doing dancing blade to get back up on the stage.what am i supposed to do dolphin slash then fall wasting a life.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
At a noob tournament:

Me: So, you here for Smash?
Noob: Yeah, I'm pretty good!
Friend: Do you wavedash?
Noob: Is that when you use the C stick?

Aiser

Smash Lord
was playing smash friday

I was playing a match, then a few kids came by and were like "whoa melee!, I'm so awesome at the game" I was just ignoring them cause they were annoying =X

then this guy was like "yeah i was the best, roys so good he's the best in this game." thats why i looked over a crew mate and we just started chuckling.

intheatrium

Smash Rookie
then this guy was like "yeah i was the best, roys so good he's the best in this game."
I wasn't aware that a little more power made Roy a omnipotent character to all n00bs.

Here's another:

"What the hell is waveshine?"

"You can only jump using the analog stick."

MuseLives

Smash Journeyman
Enjoying some leisurely chaos...in New Jersey
Okay, I got another pretty good one. My crew had a smashfest on friday, and probably the best teams partner we had (mine usual one too, meh), decided to team with a level 9 Luigi because we had an odd number of people. Obviously, being the good partner that she is, Luigi has plenty of back up. Still, the entire bracket (which they won, go figure...) I keep hearing things like:

"What the **** is with that luigi? it won't die!" (even though comp luigis don't even use up-b for recovery :) )
"That's like the tenth misfire this fight! I can't edgeguard Luigi at all because off all the misfires killing meeeeeeee!"
"God, Luigi is cheap" (and they had a competent Fox on their team >_>)
"This team isn't fair! Even you teaming with *my real name here* would be more fair!" (not true, no duo in my crew can even come close to beating the me and amber team...)
"I've been so angry at luigi I don't even see Peach! She's doing whatever the **** she wants..."
"Quick! Double team Luigi and kill him off before she gets back!"

Heheh there's a few more, but I can't think of them right now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i remember....
(at school)yoshi-lover-n00b: "hey, {friend of mine}, are you on the Yoshi side or the samus side (points at me)?????)
{friend of mine}: "uhhh...hmmm...the Samus side (yoshi-lover-n00b puches him in the gut) OWWW!!!! What the ****!?!?!?"
Me: "HAHAHHAhhahhahahHHHAhah!!"

Captain Smashie

Smash Apprentice
ok, here's a few from me a long time ago...

"link is the best because he's srong and has projectiles"
"falco's better than fox cos he's just the same but jumps higher"
>_<

Eci4

Smash Ace
a couple of days ago

"A good luigi can beat anyone"

My favorite part was this guy getting talked up real big... all of his friends were like yeah he should be a little above your level (talking to me)...

The guy played samus, I 3 stocked him with young link.... The sad thing is, the people who talked him up were technically better than him... I mean, they had better tactics they just had to get better at it... it was dissapointing

Eci4

Smash Ace
apparently the lightning melee thing comes up a lot... I got it for the first time against this guy, he was like are we playing in lightning melee bcause I think I'm moving way too slow

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Oh, it gets better, Blight and annoying1359. He first blames it on the controller. So I said, "Ok, so maybe my controllers aren't in the best of conditions." We swapped controllers, and I still beat him. And he's like, "This is RIDICULOUS! How can you kill me at 35% (that was a Thunder Punch to Thunder Drop combo, coupled with the fact that he doesn't know meteor cancelling [yes, my main is Ganon...what gave it away?]) and I can't kill you at 135%?!?!?!?" He's still doing that repetitive up-b to up-b/forward aerial combo with the Doc. Anyway. He doesn't do pills, capes, tornado's, d/u/f smashes, or b/d/u-aerials. He sticks to those TWO moves, and he believes he should OWN. He blames his defeat on the controllers, and says, "I'll beat you next time when I bring mine in." Right-o.

So I begin to wonder, "How many victories will it take before he sees that:
a) he's just not that great,
b) it's not the controllers, the Gamecube (yes, he actually blamed the Cube for his defeat...MULTIPLE TIMES...this was when he brought his own controller in), or the character I chose, and that the reason for his defeat is simply his lack of skill or my "superior" skill ("superior" as in relative to his lack thereof)
c) grabbing does take skill to land (against a skillfull opponent), and that it's simply his fault for not evading the grab, and that grabbing is not a coward's move, and
d) simply because he's PLAYED THE GAME SINCE ITS RELEASE DATE (yes, he has played the game since its release date) does not automatically make him the Smash god?"

About 3 months, apparently.

So after a hard days work some weeks later, I came in to play a couple rounds with some friends, and guess who's there? That's right, he's back, and he's ITCHIN' for some Doc. Mario dittos. He sees me and says, "Are you SURE you want to play me? I've been kickin' some major *** today!" [insert maniacal laughter] (yes, he decided to laugh at that moment like a maniac). So I made him a deal. If he DOES indeed beat me into submission, I will become his slave for the rest of eternity. If he instead loses (I decided not say ownd, for this upcoming reason) to me while I only use ONE move (That's right, ONE MOVE!!! Which of course, excluded from it up-b for recovery) then he must suffer the consequences of being banned from the Gamecube for the rest of the month (I would've said year, but decided it was too harsh a sentence especially because he's just a n00b).

He seemed pleased at these rules. I even played him with his rules (the whole, 1 item per player, 40-stock, NO GRABBING, 2.0 damage ratio). I even decided to pick the SAME character. He had difficulty deciding who to be, seeing that in all the previous dittos we had, the outcome was always the same: It always ended with his defeat.

He was very angry at the end of the match. He didn't seem too pleased with my spotdodging. Or aerial dodging. ROLLING was even a surprise to him. I was surprised he even knew what the shield was. I even offered to teach him the ways of being a Smash Shinobi, but he told me that, "there's no way I should be winnning against him."

I like that feeling of serenity and overall happiness you get when someone that is uber annoying and anal decides to never hang out with you again.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, omg. that remind me of my n00b-yoshi-friend.
he claims to be really good wih yoshi. the thing is, he SD'd 3 times in our 4-stock match. funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom