• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ohhh yeah....my cousins like to play super sudden death on hyrule temple. tech like mad. too bad they dont tech!

flaco

The Terminator
i also heard that tier list sucks there for *****es and i own you with pikachu and he coudnt it beat my bro that he used jiggs lol

Xx GuNz xX

Smash Journeyman
I cant count how many time i heard that One rofl... alot of time its followed by lets play coneria or hyrule castle...

Ps: this dosent mean i dont like Coneria :p
That's scary. You're very accurate. My friend hates FD and always goes up to Corneria saying, "It's the only good stage!!"

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
I cant count how many time i heard that One rofl... alot of time its followed by lets play coneria or hyrule castle...

Ps: this dosent mean i dont like Coneria :p
bleh i hate hyrule >.< so big, and everyone camps at the bottom Dx

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
"(2/3 of the way into game) Hey! I just realized that this controller is whack! Reset the game! Reset!"

shinehex

Smash Lord
Long Island, New York (If you want to smash contac
Oh I got one I was playing my friends younger brother Joshua and I picked
Marth he picks Roy. We start the match and I start grabbing him and spamming the the A button, just the grab attacks. Every time he got free 90% of the time he would try to Fsmash me. And I would just grab him again and spam the grab attacks. I worked him all the way to 163%. At this point he is screaming at me "Cut it out Jeffrey, stop grabbing me I cant do anything about it!" He was SO pissed at me.

Razed

Smash Ace
'Kirby's great... he's fast and strong and he can beat anyone fairly easily' ...

y0sHi-naT0r

Smash Cadet
I was playing with my 4 friends on my street, and one of them picks captain falcon and at the stage select screen he says"I want to be mark" lol, how did he get cf and marth mixed up? and he called marth mark.

and me with my 2nd post, ooo wow quick reply is cool.

Eci4

Smash Ace
After 39 pages I finally don't find this stuff funny anymore... most of all it just makes me mad... I mean noobs complain about the dumbest stuff and at first we can laugh at it, but now every story I hear Im just like NO THEY CANNOT CHEAT, IT IS WITHIN THE LIMITATIONS OF THE GAME!...

argh so angry...

I'm also angry about the pwn not being a word thing... I mean enough people accept it that you can say pwn to a random person and it is likely enough they will understand it... basically a word is verified bt understanding not by whether or not it is in a dictionary... people understand what pwn means therefore it is a word

On topic...

I went to an anime con last year (well last march) and I'm getting ready to register again, but its making me think about my first tournament ever.. everyone was all yeah I put 999 hours on my game I'm the best ever... oh man, its people like that that are nooby... I mean if you are good you wouldnt brag about time playing the game

§Maverick§

Smash Journeyman
---ATTENTION OFF TOPIC!!!!---

PWN

The slang term pwn, a term used primarily in the Internet gaming culture, means to soundly defeat an opponent. It is sometimes used for taunting of a in-game enemies, and rubbing in victories.

The etymology of the term pwn is believed to be rooted in a typographical error arising from the close proximity of the 'p' key to the 'o' key on a standard keyboard. Initially — that is, before the term's adoption into the 1337 lexicon — "pwn" was generally parsed as an honest error and pronounced "own." Eventually, as the word took on a life of its own and began to convey a meaning stronger and more specialized than that of "own", its pronunciation began to vary.

The term has become ubiquitous in Internet circles and is often used outside of gaming contexts. Its progressive form is "pwning." Its noun form is "pwnage." Its most common use is in the past tense, "pwned" (sometimes spelled "pwnt"). An example: "Did you see that guy get pwned?" Appending "zorz" creates a humorous variation of the word, e.g. pwnzorz. A less common use of the word uses intentionally incorrect grammar, a convention less popularly used in leet-speak, and makes the infinitive ("pwn") into a noun, e.g. "I am the King of Pwn."

To be "owned" in the gaming world is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team, often without any harm done to the party carrying out the ownage. However, the term "pwned" is usually used when the loser is humiliated in a fair competition.

HaPPyTheCoW

Smash Apprentice
my friend was playing a noob and i overheard the noob saying

" dude, why the hell did you pick final destination? i am samus, thats so freaking cheap, you using marth will beat me for sure, wtf. change the map, i am serious, this is cheap, change the map, i have too much disadvantage"

my friend didnt change the map, approx 2 mins into the game....

" omg, i cant beat this guy. do you know why? because i am samus on final destination, and he is marth, i have such a disadvantage. dammit, i want a rematch, i can win if it was on another map. this is so cheap. "

ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. good thing people kept telling him to shut up.

(i dont know what he meant by "disadvantage")

Smash Master
My friend still tries to recover with a single Ice Climber by using Up-B

Majora731

Smash Apprentice
These come from someone whom I play, he gets really annoying.

"Your Gamecube is rigged!"
"You put in a code I bet!"
"How does your Link beat my Fox???"
"You're a noob!"

Someone else:
"You aren't allowed to play as Ness or Captain Falcon, they look ugly."
"NO LINK!"

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Zelda is a good character. It is just characters like Fox and Shiek are broken in comparision. I have won matces against decent Falcos with her. She is not as bad as you think.
You do realize that the term 'hexing' that's in your username was invented by me, right? Zelda suffers from a lack of diversity in style play, and thus she becomes very very predictable.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hexing? wuzzat?
darkness summed it up pretty well. she good, but predicable *cough* fair *cough* bair *cough*

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Hexing is using Zelda's reflector to psuedo spike space animals and the ilk, much like Fox's shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom