• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing that really sucks about your school?(if you have school)

antimatter

Smash Lord
I think school pride is over-rated and the need to represent is futile. Last time I checked, there wasn't a war going on our anything between my local schools. My highschool is pretty proud of themselves despite their poor performance in every single thing they've participated in.
limed for truth. pep rallies make me want to throw up.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I don't understand school pride at all... I was always ashamed of my schools... in fact I've always wanted to be home schooled, I seriously hate being around people in large groups. -.-; And I LOVE my privacy and alone time... I wish I didn't have to go back to school on Wednesday, today was bad enough. =/

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Thing that sucked the most about my old school (URI): The teachers, and the math and physics department. I had one teacher who freaked out on me when I asked him a question during the office hours. "This is the most basic concept ever. If you didn't understand it by now you'll never succeed in life." Another teacher assigned me a paper. The only information he gave on it was its due date, and a list of suggested topics. When I asked questions that I thought were important, such as "how long does this have to be? What format do you want it typed in?" he'd just reply "Whatever you feel would suffice." Based on the information he gave me, I wrote what I felt would suffice: a 6 page paper on one of the topics on his list. He wrote a long nasty letter on the front cover of my paper, with a big fat F, so I failed the class too late to drop it. :( As for the math and physics departments, those were 2 of the subjects I was most interested in, but their departments are some of the worst I've seen for any school. Not just for the teachers, but for the classes offered in them, and what the school considers to be important for the major. (If you want more details on this, IM me and I'll talk for hours on this subject)

My new school (CCRI): So I need a class for Monday nights, any class really... The classes that are required of me fill up the other time blocks. I could either drive to the campus that's 5 minutes from where my brother lives and take a class that I have no interest in whatsoever. Or I could drive for almost an hour through rush hour traffic to take a class on the other campus that wasn't my first choice but is more interesting than anything else offered. I'd rather take the more interesting class, so the long commute is my biggest complaint.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I'll make a list and add details where I feel necessary;

-Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior, and Seniors compete for freshmen girls.
-Racism
-Wannabe Gangsters
-A surprising amount of students who read at about a 3rd grade level
-Very "loose" girls
-Almost everyone is on some sort of drug
-Sports teams are ruled by higher up families with money
-Most teachers do a poor job of teaching
-Teachers give the good looking girls breaks and preferential treatment.
-Girls pregnant at 14 years old. =|
God yes. I thought my high school was the only one exactly like this.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
After reading this thread, I start to love Ne' Hampsha even more.

My school has an awsome arts, math, and foreign language program, there is no social tier list (even the 'nerds' hang around with 'jocks'), there are few druggies (and the ones who are don't **** everyone else up), and good teachers.

The only flaw I see is that we're on a Mac system... :(

MarthBeast

Smash Apprentice
What sucks here is the fact that theres no gum no hats no nothing you basically come to school and go home we hardly get t talk it is so strick

Red Exodus

Smash Master
We have uniforms, I'm a skinny guy so when I tuck in my shirt it's impossible to make it fit right. The teachers also changed the rule that stopped 4th and 5th form [I'm not sure how this relates to America's system, but 4th form = 14-15yrs, 5th = 15-16yrs] boys from wearing ties so now people can't tell from 3rd form boys. Not that big of a deal but it just pisses me off since they did it because of a few bad apples.

My school also started trying to serve healthy foods so they took away all of the soda and started serving juice while they kept stuff like chicken and chips.

We aren't allowed to have cellphones or any other electronics in school even if they're off.

No kissing in or out of school, my friend got suspended because someone told the principal he was making out with his girl friend outside off school, that fact that he was wearing a school uniform may or may not have the reason for the suspension but either it is a dumb rule.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
limed for truth.
you are now my favorite person. i never see enough lime for truth, its always bold or italicized (which is camouflage for text anyways) or big fonts that make me sigh.

lets start the revolution

anyways, theres not much to hate about my uni. the small town life sucks, but the school has everything i need (laboratories, great teachers who care about the material and how you are doing in class, very nice library and computer labs) to avoid killing myself from boredom in this town. Its Home --> School --> Gamestop --> Gym --> Subway --> Home like every **** day, but so far so good.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I hate my school because its partly ******** with its rules. I'm at a college but they act like its a high school. If you miss five days your kicked out of the class. Come on people this is college. The step before being fully on your own in the world.

Also, KloudMunky. I live in NC and I know about Shelby. You are one of the most bad *** athleticly inclined schools in NC.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Here in Louisiana, all the guys are stupid althetic rednecks. All the girls are either amazingly beautiful or horribly hideous (even the average seems to go highly towards one direction). Its impossible to compete when all the girls are either way out of my league or make me sick. Shallowness... thats the worst part of high school.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm a senior, so the worst part is the realization that my whole life is going to melt away and change next year.

In general? Nothing much. Wasn't four years in a pleasure boat, but that's not what it was suppose to be. I think I've learned how to work under somebody and how to work with people just swell.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
The thing I hate about my school is the lack of hot girls. It just kills me...

Luckily we don't have any wannabe gangsters....we have real ones mostly Bloods and some local gangs. Its kinda exiciting going to a gang territory conflicted school, sad part is I may have to take sides...

Btw, I'm sort of a Jock on the Varsity Baseball and basketball team.

One I'd like to address is stereotypes in schools. People think because I'm black i'm supposed to be amazing at sports, which I am.... but the point is I shouldn't have to be....

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
My school is fine. I'm in middle school {<.<}, so yeah. I'm athletic, and pretty much a jock. If people meet up after school for some football, I'm there. Also, I'm smart, and the only person in the advanced class in my homeroom <.< So one person says that it "Isn't fair" or that "They only won because of Thomas". Fortunately, he's mostly not in our class because he's been moved to the class that works on people with problems. He 's unfazed, but he's not here as often so I'm happy. He's also a moron and a selfish pig. So, he's my major complaint.

No one is pregnant in our school... Yet! Dun dun duuuuuuun... But really, while the dating thing that goes in our grade is more of a thing that means little but for bragging rights and it's mostly the same guy dating different girls, it's meh. It's not completely closed off the non-popular people {I am popular. Fweh!}, as a fairly nerdy friend is dating someone that's... not really his type at all <.< I don't know, I think it's just she just wanted to say she was dating someone, and my friend just goes along with it.

Faux

Smash Rookie
Ah, I hate my school so much. There are so many rules that just make me cringe.

1. You are not aloud to have any sort of electronic devices on your person or in your locker before, during or after school. If you are caught then the said item will be confiscated for the rest of the year. I can sort of understand this rule... but then I think about it and it's just a bunch of crap. I know that electronic devices will cause disruptions in classrooms, but come on... no cell phones before or after school? What if an emergency happens? WHO YOU GONNA CALL? Oh right, no one. You don't have a phone.

2. Basically, you're not aloud to express yourself. You cannot dye your hair any color (even if it's a normal color like black or brown), you must wear a collared/button up shirt with a plain white t-shirt over it, and you must wear cackys. Oh, and get this. More than 10 people cannot wear the same shirt/brand each day. So all of you people that wear Hollister, Abercrombie, American Eagle, etc are pretty much screwed. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on those clothes. I wear them too, it's just an example). The reason they have that is because my school thinks that people wearing the same thing is a sign of a "gang". Lol, yeah. There's totally this gang called 'Hollister Hoodies', that go around telling other people they're unfashionable 24/7.

3. This rule angers me the most. If you are gay or bisexual and you want to take your partner of the same sex to the prom/dance, you need to get approval from the principal. They're not saying that you automatically can't go, just you need permission. In my opinon, that's complete crap. I should be able to take whoever I want, whenever I want without getting permission. They do this so that two guys or two girls who are just best friends can't get in for cheaper. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? A guy and a girl who are just best friends can get in for cheaper with no problems at all! :psycho:

There's a lot more than that, like outrageous interweb blockings and silly teacher-made rules, but I don't have time to go on.

crosser43

Smash Journeyman
75% of my school is asian. I live in Canada. Multiculturalism ftw. This doesn't bother me. What does bother me, is teachers, some are cool, some understand you. It's the ones that have no life and they make work for us, like unnecessary work, like work to the point where we get it. Sure they're supposed to prepare us for school after high school, but some teachers just don't understand. Detention is wrong, it is a wrong for of discipline and it doesn't work, and stress for students at a young age is extremely unhealthy as well. Some teachers...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well for starters, as a policy for my entire school district you are not allowed to be anywhere within 300 meters of the school before or after school. Want to go to the movies? Sorry, that's to close. The library? No. While it isn't a rule thats obeyed, its still pretty stupid.

Another thing that's irking me about my school is that my friends and I are in trouble for something that has been happening in the computer lab. We figured out how to get past a few blocks and send messages to people through the command prompt, but we didn't do it often and we didn't do anything bad. So now, it's got out and we're being blamed for sending messages like 'floppy donkey *****'. To add, one of my friends is also getting in trouble for telling the tech support guys how to fix the problems. They thought that he was going to do all that (mind you, these are the guys who thought that Dreamweaver was virus, so they can't be all to bright).

Further, I live right on the Texas/Mexico border. We have a lot of hispanic people at my school, and they can get away with saying 'cracker'. Now then, the moment I call one of the a beaner, I get ISS for three days. Makes so much sense!

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
I think one of the biggest problems with a lot of schools (and parents) is the focus on being number one. For a lot of kids there is so much pressure to be the best, when you don't have to be the best to actually be successful. What is interesting is how detrimental this can be to a students learning. Some of the best things I have seen happen to people is when they get a "bad" grade. All of a sudden the pressure is off to get that 4.0 and they can focus on learning the material rather than getting a good grade. Then what happens is their grades go up as a byproduct.

Another interesting aspect of school is how it kills motivation. We are all born motivated to learn to some extent. Do you have to give a kid candy to learn how to walk? Do you have to give a kid a toy to learn how to speak? I think teachers need to be very careful about how they reinforce behavior. I just think it's amazing that kids go to school wanting to learn about dinosaurs and volcanos. Then somewhere along the line they start hating school and think it's a waste of time.

I'm going into education if you can't tell.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well in my school, there are wanabe gangsters, girls who think they have to be w***** for you to like them and a few kids who seem like they really need to take medications.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
The freshmen this year have the physique of 8 year olds, yet some still try to be "hardcore" emos and gangsters, mang. People need to NOT act bad *** when you can snap their limbs like twigs, it's deserving massive face palms.

KonoK

Smash Cadet
I'm still in middle school, but man, high school sounds weird. Though, I'm going to a "specialized" high school, so it's probably going to be different for me.
Right now in my school, if you aren't in SP, than you're wannabe gangster. You can't have cell phones or anything, because everyday we walk through a metal detector. Also if a teacher sees you touch somebody (even if it's accidental) you get detention. My school's still better than most of yours though...

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
Fan girls and fan boys filled wiht them. FAn boys i can ignore but fan girls mut die they piss of everything and try to be alpha *****. If I hear squeeing or kawaii one more goddam time. Your 20 time to be a ****ing adult.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Ah, I hate my school so much. There are so many rules that just make me cringe.

1. You are not aloud to have any sort of electronic devices on your person or in your locker before, during or after school. If you are caught then the said item will be confiscated for the rest of the year. I can sort of understand this rule... but then I think about it and it's just a bunch of crap. I know that electronic devices will cause disruptions in classrooms, but come on... no cell phones before or after school? What if an emergency happens? WHO YOU GONNA CALL? Oh right, no one. You don't have a phone.

2. Basically, you're not aloud to express yourself. You cannot dye your hair any color (even if it's a normal color like black or brown), you must wear a collared/button up shirt with a plain white t-shirt over it, and you must wear cackys. Oh, and get this. More than 10 people cannot wear the same shirt/brand each day. So all of you people that wear Hollister, Abercrombie, American Eagle, etc are pretty much screwed. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on those clothes. I wear them too, it's just an example). The reason they have that is because my school thinks that people wearing the same thing is a sign of a "gang". Lol, yeah. There's totally this gang called 'Hollister Hoodies', that go around telling other people they're unfashionable 24/7.

1) Wow. My high school didn't allow cell phones to be on, but people had them on anyway (some went off in class.) I always carried mine in my left pocket in case of emergency.

2) WTF? I saw all kinds of colors. A couple months ago (Breast Cancer Awareness month), a kid in my district had pink highlights. Somebody complained (I believe it was one of the teachers), and he had to remove them. Seriously? (Note: I can understand the rationale for it, since allowing one person to do so means you have to allow everyone, but it's still BS in this case.) Uniforms were also added shortly after I graduated. Before that, you couldn't wear baggy or tight shorts, and girls couldn't have any part of their stomach exposed.

As far as me: I had no interest in being popular. I had a few friends, though I knew most of them for years. I rarely see anyone from my high school anymore. Outside of a few who go to my college, I might see one or two during the summer.

~rh

Smash Lord
Kids at my school mostly all listen to this hometown gogo ****, where it's a band of like 15 people who have abbreviations for names [like ABA, SBS, ITA, etc.] and they all sound the same. It's really, really bad,

Super Wec

Smash Cadet
Dont even get me started on how bad i hate my school

- 98.7% White people, who think there all black and gangsta.
- Everybody does drugs, even the 7th and 8th grade
- Sport teams are BAD, everybody is selfish and plays for stats
- Just a lot of of stupid immature people that you have to ignore
- Crowded as ****
- Teachers dont know what the hell there doing
- racism
- sluts

i would name a lot more things but im too tried and sick atm :ohwell:

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
For me, 70% of my school's students are wannabe gangsters. And the teachers sometimes lose our work and laugh about. -_-
Dang it's the same exact thing at my school! They're always talking about how hard thier life is but then i see thier houses and they live in a two story and yet they still claim they are "hardcore" and "ghetto"

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I live in NM. Here;s what I don't like about my high school:

- Hot girls date douchebags
- Hot girls that are avaliable dress trashy and have the intelligence of a cucumber.
- A good chunk of the football team are on drugs and are douchebags.
- Unessesarly hard algebra classes.
- Boring classes
- Douchebags
- Girls like douchebags
- Nerds who think they are funny or cool are really annoying as hell and need to get outside.
- Some of the teachers don't like me :(

On the plus side, we have the best drama department in the state, and that's it.

~rh

Smash Lord
^ God****, it seems like your school suffers from douchebaggery. I'm sorry, man. I definitely know how you feel.

Illussionary

Smash Journeyman
Dont even get me started on how bad i hate my school

- 98.7% White people, who think there all black and gangsta.
- Everybody does drugs, even the 7th and 8th grade
- Sport teams are BAD, everybody is selfish and plays for stats
- Just a lot of of stupid immature people that you have to ignore
- Crowded as ****
- Teachers dont know what the hell there doing
- racism
- sluts

i would name a lot more things but im too tried and sick atm :ohwell:
Pretty similar to my school, the first one is what gets me the most though. Kids say i'm a white black person in school because I don't wear chains, have cornrows or an afro, spoke pot, or have my ears pierced. Then when I play sports, some person will be like "How is he so good?" then another person will be like "Duh, he's black..." The fact is most people are stereotypes. Whoops lol didn't mean to use this thread to vent on my frustrations, but oh well... :lick: <----- Sorry I just think this emote will lighten the mood...

Marie_54

Smash Ace
They make all the boys cut their hair really short... Even though i don't like any guy in my school i just love guys with very long hair,spikey or "Michael J. Fox's Back to the Future hair-do and that just pisses me off... Well they let girls dye their hair atleast, i have red ends...

Ok i should get serious now...

Well i hate how most people in my school act, they all seem to have their own little groups and stick to them and don't give a **** about anyone else... I entered that school at 10th grade(i'm in 12th now) and had no real friends for a whole year because i didn't seem to fit into any group and people generally ignored me... In the end i made a "group" with another 2 guys that didn't fit in and pretty much whoever feels like talking to us so we are probably the most normal group in a way even though most people think we are weird... :ohwell: We usually have video game, political, tv show and religious conversations and this one guy is usually like "i love angels!" and the rest of us are like "Give me solid proof that God exists." It gets pretty funny. :laugh: This one time i was reading a manga, my friend a holy book, my other friend a chemistry book, and some random person playing a video game... Someone passed by and said "Wow nerds with passion!" but he is a friend of mine so no hard feelings taken.

Lets see another thing i hate about my school are stereotypes i like black t-shirts and a bunch of people call me an "emo" even my friends at first just for that... Emo music is just horrible... I don't have hair that covers my face or weird make-up or any of that crap the stereotype has just reached that point...
Emo is a bunch of idiots screaming horribly, whinning and crying with horrible instrumental skills... How the hell can people like that...
In the other hand i do like rock and heavy metal(trash,power and progressive) and the emo stereotype has reached the point of "if you like something that has an electric guitar, you are an emo" being a guitar player this pisses me off A LOT. :ohwell:

One more thing that i hate- The whole load of gangsta people that have crap language skills and roam the hallways with their "cangri cangri cangri cangri loca loca loca loca cabron cabron cabron" and make full conversations with those words- Translated to english-

Guys-
"Hi @$$hole?

'Zzup @$$HOLE?

Nothinz that guy is an @$$hole!

yeah he is a @$$hole, see ya later @$$hole!

or

Girls-
CRAZZYYY HOW ARE YA DOING CRAZZYYYY?!

FINE CRAZYYYY ZAYEAHHHZ I'm SO CANGRI(cool) I HURT MYSELF!!

WHhooz crazy are you crazy!?

Heyeah i'm crazy, crazy!!"

I'm serious about that... Its not even funny anymore... Even some of the "nerds" are doing it...
And these people seem to think that if you don't listen to rap or talk like that you are not cangri and
unhuman.

Morons...

Ooh and btw i'm the only one in my group that likes heavy metal anyways so its not an "evil diabolical mass killings" group. :p Another ignorant stereotype that makes me lol.

Yeah in the end we are a group of "nerds"/"misfits" or however you like to call it, so i ended up forming a group even though i don't like groups but whatever its not like i have a magic wand that will make people stop forming groups and have a bigger chance of making more friends.

and I used to be in a school (4th to 8th grade) were everyone was an elitist and it was every student for himself, NO ONE had any real friends... I HATED that school so much... Atleast i'm outta there.

Wow mega rant...

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
Cangri?, that's a new one, loca and cabron you can at least laugh at; here we say "wey" in almost every way, it's like saying dude but it can also work as an insult.

My ex-highschool's lab blew, a teacher died from the severe burns, and it happened a couple of months before I entered, so we all had to make campaign for the substitute principal (the other guy got the blame and the boot) and all the wonderful thing he would do to fix the school once he was elected principal.

There was also the apparent need to get drunk on a regular basis to be "cool", so I had to reject a lot of stupid "let's all get wasted and/or bored to death" parties.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Cangri?, that's a new one.
Its a word invented by local "reggaeton" rappers i wouldn't mind it if people wouldn't abuse it but some guys even call teachers cangri or a teacher says "Napoleon killed a lot of people and conquered a lot of land." and someone just has to say "NAPOLEON IS CANGRI!! Que bichote!(drug owner)"

There was also the apparent need to get drunk on a regular basis to be "cool", so I had to reject a lot of stupid "let's all get wasted and/or bored to death" parties.
This happens in my school too... My rant was so big that i forgot to include it...
They also smoke A LOT like 2 ciggs one in each hand.

Plus in senior skip day it was a huge drunk fest(btw i didn't go i went with another 3 guys to play brawl and watch a movie.) and this one guy apparently was so drunk that he fell on a side walk and broke his chin and lost a tooth... He has been in the hospital for a week now .

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Would you people say where you go to high school? Seriously, your experiences sound like exact opposites of my school.

I'm a 'nerd,' but I still hang around with the jocks. :/

Top Bottom