• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's one thing that really sucks about your school?(if you have school)

Death

Smash Lord
At my high school it goes something like this:

20% white/black fake gangsters, 30% white, rich, preppy girls who always "get smashed and don't remember the events of the previous night", 15% Ginos/Ginas, 8% metalheads, 7% emos, 10% just plain rednecks/white trash/white kids, 5% complete ***s, 4% hideous-looking girls and guys that no one knows about, 0.99% freshman guys that think that they kick my *** (I LOL everytime i hear this) and FINALLY, 0.01% normal (which is me and around 10-20 friends.

Yup, thats about right.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
I'll tell you what sucks! My bloody electronics teacher hasn't shown up the past couple days and my breadboard is crouded with a giant mess of wires and IC chips that I can't take apart yet because he hasn't seen it all work, so now I have to wait until friday to get this stupid thing over with! THIS ANGERS ME GREATLY

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
I hate my classes. I'm in the ****ing smart math and I hate most of the people there. Then, I have no classes with my best friend. Nor the girl I have a crush on...
But whatever gonna move to the other side of the world in April.
[sigh]

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The McCain/Palin club. (Much more the later then the former, nothing against Republicans as a whole stereotype or anything)

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
You guys have a McCain/Palin "club"? In high school? I didn't know there were political activists in high school (the one politico in my senior class was a left-wing nutjob, as in seriously uberliberal).

Disclaimer: I am conservative, but ultraconservatives are almost just as bad as ultraliberals. Right-wing nutjobs do exist. *coughWestborocough*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You guys have a McCain/Palin "club"? In high school? I didn't know there were political activists in high school (the one politico in my senior class was a left-wing nutjob, as in seriously uberliberal).
They call themselves a "support group," but it might as well be.

Disclaimer: I am conservative, but ultraconservatives are almost just as bad as ultraliberals. Right-wing nutjobs do exist. *coughWestborocough*
I personally believe no straight "Liberal" or "Conservative" party exists, both are terms used to describe progression in preset areas of already existent parties (eg., a Democrat who is socially liberal and economically conservative, or a Republican who is the opposite). Bush Jr.'s Neo-Con Republic cabinet is about as far nutty as they get.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Japanese is so frikkin hard! I have to go to a good high school too!

Okinawa huh? Beautiful place. No clue what the guys there are speaking sometimes.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I go to college, so I don't have to put up with the stuff that makes high school suck, well, for the most part.

But...

Grade deflation
There's almost no parties for our school, all our people go to MIT parties instead. But then again, I never party, so I don't really care.

But I think that the general thing I don't like about college is that it seems like all the girls and guys are mostly into random hook ups and getting drunk at parties. I'm not into that. Not into partying, and I prefer legit relationships over random stuff...

The Executive

Smash Lord
Japanese is so frikkin hard! I have to go to a good high school too!

Okinawa huh? Beautiful place. No clue what the guys there are speaking sometimes.
My only gripe with Japanese is pronoun/modifier placement and kanji.

Oki is beautiful indeed, best scuba sites in the world are there, Great Barrier be ****ed. The older locals still speak a Ryukyu dialect and harbor animosity towards the Japanese (some do). It's really an entirely different atmosphere than mainland. The weather is sub-tropical, and should you go there during the summer be prepared for typhoons galore as soon as monsoon season is over. I love typhoons; just goes to show that reinforced concrete and steel trump nature every time (too bad the Gulf Coast won't learn this lesson). In America, people evacuate when a hurricane comes. In Oki, you invite people over and rent a movie. It's amazing.

If I may ask, where specifically are you headed (or do you know)?

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
My only gripe with Japanese is pronoun/modifier placement and kanji.

Oki is beautiful indeed, best scuba sites in the world are there, Great Barrier be ****ed. The older locals still speak a Ryukyu dialect and harbor animosity towards the Japanese (some do). It's really an entirely different atmosphere than mainland. The weather is sub-tropical, and should you go there during the summer be prepared for typhoons galore as soon as monsoon season is over. I love typhoons; just goes to show that reinforced concrete and steel trump nature every time (too bad the Gulf Coast won't learn this lesson). In America, people evacuate when a hurricane comes. In Oki, you invite people over and rent a movie. It's amazing.

If I may ask, where specifically are you headed (or do you know)?
I can't tell you. You might be dangerous.

I'm moving to Yokohama. I wish it was a bit colder but it's a good place.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Yokohama, huh? You'll have tons of fun.

If you have any military contacts, there are plenty of American military bases in Japan. I think Yokohama has one, but if not there's always Iwakuni, Yokosuka, Atsugi, Yokota, Camp Fuji, and others. They have BK and Taco Bell. Trust me, you will crave it from time to time.

Also, you will be absolutely floored by the quality of Japanese McD's. I won't spoil anything for you, but you will never get American McD's again. Ever.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Crap, I forgot to mention I lived there for ten years. I'm going to sleep.
What? They have BK? Been a long time I guess.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
But I think that the general thing I don't like about college is that it seems like all the girls and guys are mostly into random hook ups and getting drunk at parties. I'm not into that. Not into partying, and I prefer legit relationships over random stuff...
I feel your pain. Such shallow, mindless activities based upon inebriation are found to be distasteful to my refined palate.

What I mean to say is s**t sucks.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I feel your pain. Such shallow, mindless activities based upon inebriation are found to be distasteful to my refined palate.

What I mean to say is s**t sucks.
Yeah definitely.

Plus I feel that when people actually do come to their senses and start acting more maturely, most of them will have already gone through their "partying" phase and I guess that's a bit of a turn off you know? Hard to explain...but I guess you could say that I'd rather find a girl who hasn't had to turn to all that partying and random hookups stuff.

I mean, I don't think people want someone who's "been around."

Maybe I'm alone in thinking that.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Ironically, I fell in love with a Korean girl while in Japan. Bizarre, eh?
Heh. While my father-in-law was stationed in Okinawa, he fell in love with a Chinese girl. They were married in Taiwan.

I hope to be stationed overseas while in the Air Force. Both major Japanese bases will be at the top of my list.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
Im in grade 9, and we have to do the fitness test 10th graders. And our gym teacher expect us to out run them. -_-
I'm also in grade 9, but I was in a split class last year with a bunch of grade 7s who never STFU when you tell them. Ya but anyways, my high school is like 70% s*x obsessed, 10% just hangout in front of the school where they smoke all morning making the air there really bad smelling especially because the cold makes the air quality s***, and then the other 20% are just...there, but they're as good as they get.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
Eh, when I was in grade 8 back in 06-07, I was in a split class with grade 7's. They wern't that bad. But in my history class this year, there are 6 grade 12's in my class. How do that many people fail a class this easy twice? lol.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
One thing that really sucks about my school is the fact that I have to go to it.

It's boring, the people there suck, and I HATE everybody there.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Heh. While my father-in-law was stationed in Okinawa, he fell in love with a Chinese girl. They were married in Taiwan.

I hope to be stationed overseas while in the Air Force. Both major Japanese bases will be at the top of my list.
I was only in Taiwan on a fly-over, but they have LEGIONS of taxis. LEGIONS.

Also, Okinawa is absolutely beautiful and I would definitely pick Kadena over Yokota any day. Look on Flickr or Google "okinawa photos"; the landscape is gorgeous. If you go to Hiji Falls and climb the mountains, especially during the spring/summer, you'll see some views most professional photogs would kill to get.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's supposed to be a dress code for the division I'm studying in at my Community College, I think it's blue or white shirts with black or blue jeans. I stuck with it for the first 3 days and haven't done so since and anytime I wear blue or white is a coincidence. They also don't allow hats, which is dumb because sometimes I just don't feel like combing my hair and it'd be nice if I could just throw a hat on and be on my way.

D

Deleted member

My school is something like this, 20 percent jock, 35 percent cool wannabe, 3 percent people who think they're funny but they're not, 7 percent funny people (me), 5 percent wannabe gangster, 5 percent freak, 1 percent ********, 9 percent cool people who don't play sports, 4 percent potsmoker, 4 percent sluts, 2 percent annoying people, 1 percent people who get into fights that suck at fighting, 0.5 percent quiet people, and 1.5 percent normal people.

Strange Facts about my school
- Loitering is a 10 day suspension
- Fighting and smoking pot is a 3 day suspension
- I have 34 kids in Shop class with 21 desks. We have to sit on the floor
- You can get detention for having your shoe come untied in gym.
- Our school's internet security blocks Ask Jeeves
- Due to a loophole in the rule, you are allowed to stick your legs out a bus window
- The Seniors last year put grease on the stairs (Ouch)
- My Art teacher married 2 of his former students and divorced both.
- My "Music" class plays Rock Band/Singstar/Guitar Hero all day
- Lunch is 25 minutes
- We have 6 minority kids in our 750+ student school (2 black kids and 4 Hispanics)
- The Shop room's saws are are 35+ years old

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
When I was in school, the only gripe I had was about people who used stereotypes.

Every class has their douchebags, but everyone pretty much got along.

Roymyboy284

Smash Journeyman
For me, 70% of my school's students are wannabe gangsters. And the teachers sometimes lose our work and laugh about. -_-
Does your school happen to be Summerside Intermediate School? Plus, every "gamer" at my school plays nothing but Halo, CoD, and GTA. And when you mention anything like Mario, it's all "Mario?! You friggin n00b that's all you play!" Except my good friend, known as Iron Snickers on SWF.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Plus, every "gamer" at my school plays nothing but Halo, CoD, and GTA. And when you mention anything like Mario, it's all "Mario?! You friggin n00b that's all you play!"
This is the same thing at my school. Well, I do know a few people who play Zelda and Nintendo, stuff like that, but the majority plays Halo. You see, this is what led me to... not liking Halo so much. I don't mean any offense, but I get SO tired of hearing about it so much in my school. :(

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I attend a 50 year old piece of **** school in the 2nd worst city in British Columbia. Everyone hates eachother, we have the highest drug usage rate in BC, the highest teen pregnancy rate, and our graduation rate is 51%.

I win.

Top Bottom