• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacostaco123

Smash Cadet
knuckle joe is an awsome assist trophy anyone who has no clue who he is should definitly drop everything and go play it

Ash Hol

Smash Apprentice
I think next week they will have a pokeball pokemon, music, Metaknight, another stage and hmmmmmm maybe a game mode (not in that order). knuckle joe? seems cool, id be cool if kirby could suck him up and get a fighter power or something. speaking of which, i wonder if they will come out with kirby forms on there, like what he would look like if he sucked up Pit.

bored

Smash Ace
I wonder how many AT's there'll be.
Hopefully ATLEAST 100 =] .
Btw, who was here at 3am when I kept double posting? I now have 4 infractions lol! 2 for minor spam, and 2 for double posting.
lol woah there lets keep the AT's down to a minimum when it comes to updates lol...:laugh:

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
This week was pretty forgettable for me, oh well, there's next week...
Oh man I disagree. This week was huge.

Yoshi confirmed, a key change to Yoshi's playstyle mentioned (a real up-b, yay), and a completely new mechanic with a ton of implications. Can we run through people as easily as before? Will it work while they are crouching? Does it deal damage? Is it a viable edge guarding move?

While not as big of a change as including dodging in Melee, it still shows that we will indeed be playing a completely different game.

bored

Smash Ace

While not as big of a change as including dodging in Melee, it still shows that we will indeed be playing a completely different game.
I think thats what people are upset about...

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
When Brawl comes out, we'll all be 6 years older (to the day) than we were when we made the transition from Smash64 to Melee. For me, that means I was 12. Now we're seasoned players and we're really used to the Melee style. We'll get used to it. It might take a little longer than it did to adjust to Melee, but in another 6 years, I'm sure we'll all be saying, "How did we ever play Melee? Brawl is so much better."

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I think next week they will have a pokeball pokemon, music, Metaknight, another stage and hmmmmmm maybe a game mode (not in that order). knuckle joe? seems cool, id be cool if kirby could suck him up and get a fighter power or something. speaking of which, i wonder if they will come out with kirby forms on there, like what he would look like if he sucked up Pit.
i agree lol more forms for kirby he is awesome in sword kirby form and what not also i think something big will happen next week. like more addition on too the story line or something iono we will see:)

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Next week we'll have a Pokeball Pokemon or an item, right? Wait, if they revealed Deoxy's last week, then we are due for an item, aren't we? I wonder who will get the character spot next week, they have to yet unveil Metaknight, and there are still many other characters I'm sure are returning, and I'm sure Sakurai will take care of those before unveiling any more newcomers... I'm betting for Metaknight next week though.

ssx3master1

Smash Cadet
Next week we'll have a Pokeball Pokemon or an item, right? Wait, if they revealed Deoxy's last week, then we are due for an item, aren't we? I wonder who will get the character spot next week, they have to yet unveil Metaknight, and there are still many other characters I'm sure are returning, and I'm sure Sakurai will take care of those before unveiling any more newcomers... I'm betting for Metaknight next week though.
According to last week's story post, Metaknight, or at least the Halberd, seems to have a pretty influential part in the storyline. I wouldnt be surprised if Sakurai held off on him for a while.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace

Yoshi confirmed, a key change to Yoshi's playstyle mentioned (a real up-b, yay), and a completely new mechanic with a ton of implications. Can we run through people as easily as before? Will it work while they are crouching? Does it deal damage? Is it a viable edge guarding move?

Skeet skeet,QFT.By the way,arent you one of those mods on here? If you are,tell McFox to stop pulling the ethernet cord,that causes server crashes ya know :laugh: Joking.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
When I saw the Halberd appearing I just thought that was the first stage in story mode :p

Well, you could be right, but my money's still on Metaknight. If it's not, I honestly don't know who to guess... Peach? Captain Falcon? Ness? Ice Climbers? The list goes on...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Maybe Metaknight will have the same role as bowser did in the Adventure mode of Melee. Although it seems we can expect a more in depth story line.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
Maybe Metaknight will have the same role as bowser did in the Adventure mode of Melee. Although it seems we can expect a more in depth story line.
I hope they bring Master Hand / Crazy Hand back....that would suck if they weren't in the series anymore. If they are, maybe Metaknight is like working for him or something. Maybe each character has a role in the storyline somehow.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
I hope they bring Master Hand / Crazy Hand back....that would suck if they weren't in the series anymore. If they are, maybe Metaknight is like working for him or something. Maybe each character has a role in the storyline somehow.
lots of people talk like that, i don't see a reason why the hands would be removed

bored

Smash Ace
I don't know why people speculate that either, I also don't know why people think that this "this world..." update has anything to do with a story mode.

Salaad

Smash Ace
FSJumping looks...awesome..now I can Ledge hop and FSJ and spike them without having to DI onto the stage. (Assuming a lot of things will be kept in Brawl.)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
definetly, i wonder how many assist trophies are gonna appear anyway, I really hope at least some of the characters that aren't goingf to make it to the Brawl roster will at least appear as an assist trophy like Samurai Goroh, and maybe perhaps Waluigi

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
BTW Gigakoopa...Knuckle Joe is from the Kirby games.

definetly, i wonder how many assist trophies are gonna appear anyway, I really hope at least some of the characters that aren't goingf to make it to the Brawl roster will at least appear as an assist trophy like Samurai Goroh, and maybe perhaps Waluigi
Gee, I sure hope Waluigi isn't confirmed....I'd rather have him as an Assist Trophy than a playable character....

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
BTW Gigakoopa...Knuckle Joe is from the Kirby games.

Gee, I sure hope Waluigi isn't confirmed....I'd rather have him as an Assist Trophy than a playable character....
I knew he was from a kirby game as soon as I got to look at him, obviously antone can tell he is, as for Waluigi i sure hope the same

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Knuckle Joe is an AT! How awesome! :grin: He would've made a good PC,but there's just not enough depth.Good choice and awesome updates this week.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm just waiting for that 1 week of updates that will make me more hyped about this game than ever before...

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Wait! Kunckle Joe has vulcan jab, right, does that mean Kirby doesn't haveit any more?
Technically, he never did. That was Dreamland Flutter. He also has it in Kirby and the Amazing Mirror in the Smash ability.

In SSBM, Cindaquil, Chansey, and Marill are the only pokemon you can KO, even though Wobbuffet can be struck and Electrode thrown. I hope at least some ATs can be attacked, much like the support characters in One Piece games. I think the pokemon should be able to counter each other too, without changing their usual attack patterns.

Also, from what I interpreted, it sounds like FSJ is not a metero smash in and of itself, but it can be used to TRANSITION into a meteor smash. I think that makes a little more sense. Either that or the timing must be impeccable, or else it counts as a "recovery" move so you can only do it once midair.

Unrelated question: What is "shty"

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Ok,for those who are wondering who KNUCKLE JOE IS,CLICK THIS LINK,I REPEAT,IF YOU DONT KNOW WHO KNUCKLE JOE IS CLICK THIS LINK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQtkWZ-ZRy0&mode=related&search=

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/KnuckleJoe.PNG

ILL POST MORE INFO FOR THE CLUELESS IF YOU GUYS STOP BLOWING UP THE FORUMS WITH BULL**** SPAM,THANK YOU!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSvZTFqKVNk

More info...This one is Kirby Super Stars,the one Joe is from.Youll see him for a sec in the begining then...
Skeet Skeet fellas(open wide,lol),this is for those who dont know who he is and are still asking questions.

@Gargomon251 Shty is basically a typo of a typo since you cant write the real word "$hit"out,and during that process it becomes something of the likes of "ultra slang".Like words like "skeet" or "sh'ittt,I anit playing 600 bucks for that"Something Barret from FF7 would say.Know what I mean? :laugh:

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
@Gargomon251 Shty is basically a typo of a typo since you cant write the real word "$hit"out,and during that process it becomes something of the likes of "ultra slang".Like words like "skeet" or "sh'ittt,I anit playing 600 bucks for that"Something Barret from FF7 would say.Know what I mean? :laugh:

So why do they even have censorship if nobody seems to care if they censor bypass?

And why "shty" instead of "****" or s***?

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
So why do they even have censorship if nobody seems to care if they censor bypass?

And why "shty" instead of "****" or s***?
It is "****", Dragonboy just sux at typing. ;) JK, Dragon.

And the reason they have censorship is probably more formal than anything else. They'd rather have odd slang for cuss words escape the censorship than have the site rampant with no censorhsip at all.

Blackadder

Smash Master
It is "****", Dragonboy just sux at typing. ;) JK, Dragon.

And the reason they have censorship is probably more formal than anything else. They'd rather have odd slang for cuss words escape the censorship than have the site rampant with no censorhsip at all.
The censorship sucks. I mean, everyone uses "ffs" "Lmao" we KNWO what they are. We also know what "Sh*t" is. And all the guys/girls here are about 14-20. But I 'unno. Crazy world.

Also, knuckle Joe is neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom