• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
alrighty blackadder i will explain my post count because of three reasons

1, I'm involved in about 20 threads
2. my posts aren't long
3. I try to react to the threads quickly(usually i'm in the menu screen to see which thread had a reply read it and if needed make a post)

it's quite simple i might be called a spammer but i'm usually on topic and make good rplies so eh
M'kay, m'kay.
I was just wondering.
Anyways, I was so "BAH SAKURAI" at the blocked charactars screen!
In a kinda amused/annoyed kinda way.
I hope we see them at E3

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
The save feature is great, may cause problems for new people who are ******** have the same name as Tom and grab a wii remote and start swinging around wondering why it doesn't work. Slight chance.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I can see it now. A bunch of topics asking pros their exact button configuration. I could imagine certain button configuration creating exploits. It could happen.

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
holy crap awesome update. unfortunately it looks like we can't enter names longer than 4 characters, and we get to see a little bit of the user interface, but we get to customize controls! there goes all of the speculating as we can now simply make whatever controls we want! what would be an even cooler feature i hope gets made is if you could save ur profile/name on your wii remote similar to how you can save pokemon from PBR or miis from the mii channel.

i like how he blurred out the character selection screen lol
haha i guess i got so excited I forgot to read the end of the post where Sakurai said hes trying to make it so we can save our profiles to our Wii remotes.... I'm just full of great ideas! I need to work for Nintendo.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Very interesting update. Here's some things I noticed.

1. We can now alternate between caps and lower case like PAL could. (the pic has "Tom")

2. You can save button configurations for each controller, so basically each name saves 4 configurations.

3. When changing characters, simply change your tag to use a set-up that suits them better. Say one set up is easier for double short hop lasers so you save it on the name "Fox" and another set up is easier for Double Jump Cancels so you set it on the name "Ness".

4. Although it's easy enough to transfer configurations between Wiis for the rest, the gamecube controller might not be able to.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Is there a countdown thread for E3?

Wouldn't changing the buttons have to make your muscles memorize the moves again?
I would probably only change it for fun, unless it's that significant of a change.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i think that sakurai's saying that the wiimote idea would be given to us if they can is his way of confirming some slightly more advanced internet options

because if you have internet you can simply send the names with button configurations

now it's time to sleep hope i can this time bye

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
This is kind of what I've been waiting for... a picture of what the whole game menu/selection screens look like. I have to say, I'm happy they stuck with the Melee-like design yet made it more simplistic. Can't wait to see more :D

Also, I thought the character select scree was really weird looking, then I realized it was just a clipping off the bottom part. xD *dies*

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting update. Here's some things I noticed.

1. We can now alternate between caps and lower case like PAL could. (the pic has "Tom")

2. You can save button configurations for each controller, so basically each name saves 4 configurations.

3. When changing characters, simply change your tag to use a set-up that suits them better. Say one set up is easier for double short hop lasers so you save it on the name "Fox" and another set up is easier for Double Jump Cancels so you set it on the name "Ness".

4. Although it's easy enough to transfer configurations between Wiis for the rest, the gamecube controller might not be able to.
this should for sure be considered and discussed becuz some would say wouldnt u have 2 reprogram urself each time u change which is most likely but what if u adapted u would def. gain a skill advantage right?

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
the whole interface looks way too reminiscent of kirby's air ride! lol! they look exactly the same!...which makes sense becuz its made by Hal.

*how dare you guys let me double post*

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Also, did anyone else notice that these menu's are in English? (I don't see how you couldn't...but ya...) It's also in every other language that has a website. So...maybe they're doing the localizing during development or...maybe the game really is further along than we thought.

Hmm...

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
i think that sakurai's saying that the wiimote idea would be given to us if they can is his way of confirming some slightly more advanced internet options

because if you have internet you can simply send the names with button configurations

now it's time to sleep hope i can this time bye
im so confused with what ur trying to say lol

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Also, did anyone else notice that these menu's are in English? (I don't see how you couldn't...but ya...) It's also in every other language that has a website. So...maybe they're doing the localizing during development or...maybe the game really is further along than we thought.

Hmm...
Yea it's in every websites corresponding language, then again I'm sure to edit a screenshot for localization takes like.... a half hour? Lol. A game like Smash barely needs any localization, pretty much just minor voice work (think Melee's Purin and Jigglypuff's names being announced). The fact you could use japanese characters in Melee names probably suggests that you can use english characters in a *** version of melee, so every version has both languages. I would expect *** to get brawl first (that is unless they see just how big the tournament scene for melee is in the US compared to ***), but either way, all areas should get smash relatively close to each other, especially US and ***. Europe might be a little later, but only because of making it for PAL instead of NTSC.

edit:
huh... i wonder why it it blocked out j-a-p, which I was just using as a abbreviation for japanese or japan, like using US for united states

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well...I'm sure the trophies took a little while. But still...it shouldn't take that long to localize it, really, except for the stuff you mentioned.

And ya, that word is still considered offensive regardless of the context. I think JPN is the more excepted abbreviation.

Also, the JPN version did come with a full English mode (like the NA version came with a full JPN mode) to the delight of importers...even though the game came out in NA, like, nine days after the JPN version did.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
ElChibo, "Jpa" (with p and a switched around) is considered an offensive term for a Japanese person. Devastlian has it right when he abbreviates Japan as JPN.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wow, you learn something new every day. I knew about the term but I thought the offensive nature of the term was a thing of the past. Usually in my mind I abbreviate Japan & Japanese as [the word] but I'll remember to use JPN from now on.

EDIT: I'm just going to use the Gamecube default. I can't change. It just works so well!

ElChibo

Smash Apprentice
Well...I'm sure the trophies took a little while. But still...it shouldn't take that long to localize it, really, except for the stuff you mentioned.

And ya, that word is still considered offensive regardless of the context. I think JPN is the more excepted abbreviation.

Also, the JPN version did come with a full English mode (like the NA version came with a full JPN mode) to the delight of importers...even though the game came out in NA, like, nine days after the JPN version did.
lol thx, i knew something didnt look right with what i was typing, i guess it was just a habit with typing online to shorten things by just typing the first couple letters. iv obviously seen jpn used everywhere, i guess it just slipped outta my mind right there lol. i didnt remember that the us and *JPN* (lol got it) versions of melee were so close to each other. hopefully brawl will only be even closer, especially with the blog being updated at the same times and same info for us and jpn

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you could switch c-stick to tilts instead of smashes.

That's the first thing I'm doing when I get this game, if you could do this.
That'd actually be extremely useful. I hate it when due to a small mis-pressing I smash instead of tilt. It would be the best control scheme change ever.

And Sakurai is a darn tease, putting the character screen there, blurring it, and then rubbing it in. "The character selection screen is still a secret!" This man is evil. :dizzy:

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
A blurred out Character screen! Sakurai must be laughing to the bank right now.
A good update, more tidbits on how the control scheme works, and customisable controls should keep pro smashers locked in debate for years to come:laugh:

Shuma

Smash Hero
Those names must be codes!. Let's find this "tom" and torture him until he tells us who are the characters.

GenG

Smash Lord
Tom Nook :o

And omg

Boba Fett confirmed!

Nah, seriously: Bill (Trinen) is the name of one of the NOA translators, maybe the other people is too.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
People is just too bored, 3500 replyes wow...

The last actualization is a great one, but i dont like the simplic style they gave... is starting to loking like DS games (panel de pon) that they are all british menus....

I prefer colored menus or black menus, but definitely no white menus, it looks freaky D:

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Best bit is one of the characters is named John. You sly fox Sakurai!
What's significant about John? Is there an intarweb joke I'm missing?

And seriously... NAMES?! Just when we thought we had the updates figure out, Sakurai throws NAMES at us.

Wow. You win.

~Dac

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think 4 letters was the way to go. Thought it made interesting abbreviations besides no one wants a long name that gets in the way. Imagine if the longest name in world could be put in. That would cover the entire screen!

As for the blurred character select screen, some thread is gonna have lots of fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom