• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Is fox falling or what, cause until I clicked on the picture to zoom in, I thought he was sitting down and I was like WTF.

Black/Light

Smash Master
did u expect him to keep it out while he fights?
Actually, it's not in his hand OR the gun holder on his belt in any of these pictures so yea, it could stay. Like they said on the bottom of the site " These screens shots are subject to change".

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Maybe from now on it's going to be one piece of info at a time rather than getting two characters at a time or something.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
OMG in the self portrait his bow has some string like thing hanging but in the battle pics his bow has no string thats really funny!

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Well if it's like Ness's PK thunder, you better be able to think quick because from the trailer, it looks like he fires them hella fast.
well that was a 3 min trailer everything was quick but i think its gunna be like pk thunder but after like 1/3 of its flight you have no control unlike ness wher u can control its flight until it hits

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
*Gasp* It's Pit's in game arrow! *glee* It looks like he's pointing it slightly upwards. Could that be what they meant by changing trajectory? Or it could just be the angle of the picture. It look like they went for a simpler, more cartoony design for his wings and robe. Honestly, it suits him better. It looks like his blades combine and separate in different ways for different attacks.

Hooray for Pit! ^o^

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i see no string.

also, in the second screen, the 'blades' of his bow are curving opposite ways but they're joined together...how many ways can this bow-blade be arranged ffs?
i think he is doing his fair like attack from the trailer when he spins his blades for like a 4 hit aerial so it looks like it changes on the attack used and the blades are set in opposite directions for spinning

Black/Light

Smash Master
Meh, I just wanted to see Pika -_-. . .

I wonder when they are going to give Fox his gun. . .and why does Pitt's screens look so different compared to the others (I guess they aint done with him yet.)

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
*Gasp* It's Pit's in game arrow! *glee* It looks like he's pointing it slightly upwards. Could that be what they meant by changing trajectory? Or it could just be the angle of the picture. It look like they went for a simpler, more cartoony design for his wings and robe. Honestly, it suits him better. It looks like his blades combine and separate in different ways for different attacks.

Hooray for Pit! ^o^
It says it can be aimed, as I expected.

UK updates at 8:00am not 5:00am, please update in order to prevent confusion.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
OMG in the self portrait his bow has some string like thing hanging but in the battle pics his bow has no string thats really funny!
There ain't no string. As you can see, when he pulls back an arrow, it's made of energy and the gold rings on his left arm hover over it, perhaps causing tension. Not only that, but how could two swords joined at the hilt work like a traditional bow? :p

I wonder, since Pit's arrows are energy, if they'll have stun like electrical attacks? Then again, that would be pretty broken unless there was some serious lag between arrows. So probably not. What kind of knockback will they have? Oh, why couldn't we get some connecting attacks in these screenshots? :(

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
There ain't no string. As you can see, when he pulls back an arrow, it's made of energy and the gold rings on his left arm hover over it, perhaps causing tension. Not only that, but how could two swords joined at the hilt work like a traditional bow? :p

I wonder, since Pit's arrows are energy, if they'll have stun like electrical attacks? Then again, that would be pretty broken unless there was some serious lag between arrows. So probably not. What kind of knockback will they have? Oh, why couldn't we get some connecting attacks in these screenshots? :(
ya i think ur right i didnt notice the rings around his arm before

kitesinflight

Smash Rookie
in one of the pics he's aiming upward...do you think you're supposed to control angle as well as trajectory too?

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Pit's arrow move would be identical to Link's, but perhpas now you can control with trajectery by moving the analog stick up or down for three levels or maybe it would be more flexible by giving you all angles of the 180 degrees plane.

Do you think if it were like that, it would intrude on the games simplistic, button push style of play?

or this kind of intricacy where Pit can fire his arrow anywhere on the 180 degree plane is acceptable?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
im still very disappointed. i want some real info already. omg, pit is in the game, whoever would have thunk it? when are we gonne get the good stuff. i dont want to see a stupid pic and a short commentary on a character we already know is going to be in. atleast give us some solid movesets or a small vid of the character, that would make it worthwhile. but as of right now, im extremely disappointed....peace

-hiroshi

Shark X

Smash Lord
Okay, last night was forgivible for being only one update, because it was actually something new (for the first time in 6 months). But come on, Pit is super old news. Why not add Meta Knight with him?

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Pit's arrow move would be identical to Link's, but perhpas now you can control with trajectery by moving the analog stick up or down for three levels or maybe it would be more flexible by giving you all angles of the 180 degrees plane.

Do you think if it were like that, it would intrude on the games simplistic, button push style of play?

or this kind of intricacy where Pit can fire his arrow anywhere on the 180 degree plane is acceptable?
i highly doubt they would be as gay as links arrows i think they will be more closly tied to a combo of samus's missiles and pika's thunderbolt ...with samus damage and knockback and a pika stun it could be useful for edgeguarding

kitesinflight

Smash Rookie

hmmm. so maybe if you aim upward, it'll just have a naturally upward curve, and vice versa. Although it would be sick if you could mix it up, i don't know how it would be possible...unless you used the c-stick or something.

EDIT: addressing the rest of your question, even though smash is supposed to be a pick-up-and-play fighter, there are still a lot of intricacies in melee like Samus' homing vs straight missile or Ness' thunder bolt control. This is just another example of that, is it not?

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Has the site updated yet? If it has, show me more pictures, because I'm still blocked from smashbros.com! And post them in imageshack or something and not in direct-links from smashbros. I won't be able to see them if you do.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Here are the local times when you can the update:

USA and Canada
Alaska (GMT -7): 7PM
West Coast (GMT -8): 8PM
Middle West (GMT -7): 9PM
Central (GMT -6): 10PM
Mexico (GMT -6): 10PM
East Coast (GMT -5): 11PM

United Kingdom (GMT 0): 4AM
Europe (GMT +1): 5AM
The UK time is wrong. It updates at around 8:00am for us.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The UK time is wrong. It updates at around 8:00am for us.
All the time are way earlier than those ones that are listed...there's also no set time. That post was probably made before the updates started when all we knew was that it'd update in the afternoon Japan time.

Also, to everybody complaining, you should all just be happy they're blessing us with another SSB game. Jeeze...:/

Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Uh maybe its me, but In the pictures of pit, the one that shows only him in the top right has a purple something in the corner. I was thinking a foot. Perhaps its a clue. Up until then none of the pictures I had seen had featured anything but characters which were already known to us. If it is a foot, Im thinking you can pool some info to findout what it is. Any takers?

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
I bet it's just the Halberd.

Anyway, cool. It's nice to see what they're doing to him after his long absence. Now is the best time for Nintendo to make a Kid Icarus game for the Wii. If they don't use this opportunity, they're crazy.

I see Pit's face has changed a bit. I'm not complaining or anything. It will take a while to get used to it after looking at the older one for a year though.
So yeah, he's looking cool. I still find the fact that he wears spandex under his toga funny though.

What, you guys are saying he has a new look? Can someone post pics of the new and old look together?
Look in the brawl character section,there is a topic about it.

The only reason why people think that it's a new look because of the comparison to the touched up picture of Pit(Which is not in game).But when you look at the trailers,Pit always had that look,it's his in game look.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I bet it's just the Halberd.

Anyway, cool. It's nice to see what they're doing to him after his long absence. Now is the best time for Nintendo to make a Kid Icarus game for the Wii. If they don't use this opportunity, they're crazy.

I see Pit's face has changed a bit. I'm not complaining or anything. It will take a while to get used to it after looking at the older one for a year though.
So yeah, he's looking cool. I still find the fact that he wears spandex under his toga funny though.
clearly you've never worn a toga...they chafe like, well...something that chafes a lot.

@ Meta Knight, i noticed that little tease in the top left hand corner of the second screen too. couldnt figure out what it was...maybe a meta knight wing? i dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom