• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuma

Smash Hero
7,6,5,4,3,2,1 days starting today for the Opening of the site.

They never lyed to us.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I made it.... Dee dee dee.. lol. See my name on it....... dee dee dee.
LMAFO! I dunno why thats so funny but that **** gots me tickled right now :laugh: .I dunno why but,can you think back to MGS3 in the beginning where everyone got pissed off in the intro when they saw Raiden in the plane? omfg hahhahahha :laugh:

That would be insane if Hideo desided to make another prank like that with the site.Like them ideas I posted earlier just to **** with us. :laugh:

Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
huh, man as proof that I was here way back when. My name is Meta Knight. The reason being back when I started here, I was making predictions for the next characters in smash bros melee. I thought that Meta and Kid Icarus would appear. They didn't. and Being a Kirby Fan I was a little saddened. Imagine my surprize when meta knight appeared in the new one. Although to be honest and fair I really think King DeDeDe deserves it more since hes been around longer.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Ganon to be in Twilight Princess in a way he never was before. Enough said.
I dunno what Nintendo was trying to get at either.Maybe the tranformation state and the way you forgot him in it?You have to admit tho,the whole fight was a bit different from the other titles,as Link suprizingly needed help from the ones he was saving,and didnt seem like a 1 man show the whole way though.

:laugh: :laugh: hahahhhahhah Good try Press :laugh:

Shark X

Smash Lord
huh, man as proof that I was here way back when. My name is Meta Knight. The reason being back when I started here, I was making predictions for the next characters in smash bros melee. I thought that Meta and Kid Icarus would appear. They didn't. and Being a Kirby Fan I was a little saddened. Imagine my surprize when meta knight appeared in the new one. Although to be honest and fair I really think King DeDeDe deserves it more since hes been around longer.
Meta Knights popularity is higher, therefore he deserves it more. People just like him more. But the thing is, Meta Knight deserved to be in Melee, while Dedede deserved to be in SSB3. And since it didn't happen, and Meta Knight appeared in Brawl, I would say Dedede should wait until SSB4, to give Meta Knight the glory, but this **** game is takeing too long as it is, so no wait. It needs Dedede too. Besides, Meta Knight had all the glory already anyway for a whole year (since that was the last time we got ANY news on Brawl, and since this site won't open so we'll never get news here either >.> )

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
Wow. you people are ********.

Nintendo didn't lie. They never said mentioned a specific time. Nintendo's Japanese site said it would be updated on the 22nd sometime after noon (they used the kanji meaning "P.M.") It's people here that assumed it would come up exactly at noon.

And to the person who said it would be the 23rd across the planet soon, I suggest you look at a calendar.

Shark X

Smash Lord
I dunno what Nintendo was trying to get at either.Maybe the tranformation state and the way you forgot him in it?You have to admit tho,the whole fight was a bit different from the other titles,as Link suprizingly needed help from the ones he was saving,and didnt seem like a 1 man show the whole way though.
Well lets see, he was the main bad guy, every game. He used Zant as a puppet to make Zant seem like the real villian (which eventually I would of prefered), Link to the Past. You fight Ganondorf one on one with a little help from Zelda, Wind Waker.

less than an hour now if the rumours are true
What rumors? If the rumors were true, it would of been 3 hours and 13 minutes ago.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
Wow. you people are ********.

Nintendo didn't lie. They never said mentioned a specific time. Nintendo's Japanese site said it would be updated on the 22nd sometime after noon (they used the kanji meaning "P.M.") It's people here that assumed it would come up exactly at noon.

And to the person who said it would be the 23rd across the planet soon, I suggest you look at a calendar.
I read in two places already it'll be in the 22nd, I think everybody should go to sleep already and check it out tomorrow, or you'll be dissapointed and bloodshot up complaining at midnight to nobody

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Well lets see, he was the main bad guy, every game. He used Zant as a puppet to make Zant seem like the real villian (which eventually I would of prefered), Link to the Past. You fight Ganondorf one on one with a little help from Zelda, Wind Waker.
Err :confused: ,arent classic games suppose to kept orginal content to kept those who played them many years ago still wanting to play them? There classics for a reason bro.What isnt broken,shouldnt be fix.Wind Waker's feedback is enough proof for that.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
I think it updates 11am eastern every time, so maybe this time too???
It updated at 11 am est today, going from 1 day left to "starting today".

If it were posted at 11 am again, that'd make it midnight on the 23rd in Japan, which is not the 22nd that they promised.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

What rumors? If the rumors were true, it would of been 3 hours and 13 minutes ago.
over at n00bville they some seem to think it will be at 4pm *** time which is good for us here in Aus only one hour ahead of them so it will be at a reasonable hour if true

Fawriel

Smash Master
Ganon to be in Twilight Princess in a way he never was before. Enough said.
~~CORNROWS~~

...erm, but seriously. Well, it can be interpreted several ways. For one, it's a different timeline from Wind Waker, TP and WW are kind of alternate realities due to the time paradox created at the end of OoT. Also, you see him in his "god form", possessing a demonic dude, turning into an old-school pig Ganon ( in 3D *gasp* ), and he has three darn forms that you fight.. I never would have expected the horseback fight.
Also, it's interesting that he's presented differently somewhat... for example, when you beat him,
he keeps standing upright with the sword stuck inside him, which is interesting because that's similar to the way heroes from Japanese folklore died in battle...

And in the end, it's all marketing. You have nothing on them unless you have the EXACT wording of what was said, because they're known for hints and nuances and crap. =P

nuro

Smash Lord
I don't get why scav didn't post this already but everyone seems to not understand it says Japan time.

It is right now 3:51 Japan time so the site could actually take another 7 hours and 9 minutes assuming if they updated it at 11:59PM

Press22

Smash Journeyman
its out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

go looK its OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS, not much to see tho

Shark X

Smash Lord
Well, this kinda sucks. I was expecting a big update, but oh well. This remake of the site is better than the original. And as long as we been waiting for the site alone, a remake of the site is better than nothing, though I would of prefered a real update on the game itself.

EDIT: Well I guess the music is an update at least.

B@SZ

Smash Rookie
Well I was expecting this...

Maybe Sakurai was betting on how much Hits does his famous countdown page was getting...
I dunno marketing strategies or something....

Well at least I can go to sleep now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom