• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
too early to sleep here only 10 I'm not sleeping until midnight. it BETTER be up by then. If not I'm checking at school tommorow

Shark X

Smash Lord
Simmer down, folks.

If you're impatient, get some sleep, huh?
...Okay here's my question. If we're impatient, how the hell can we sleep?

Besides, I just woke up.

I was thinking, Nintendo may of lied (again) about when the update will be, but they claim they wanted to do with when all the Japan kids are awake, well what about school? Maybe they really plan to update it when all the Japanese kids are out of school. What time does school end in Japan?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I told you, the major update is that they added the words "starting today" to the site.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Shark X, you are not stating facts, you're blowing off steam in an immature hissy fit, frankly.

Just because the site hasn't updated yet doesn't mean they're lying--they said today, in Japan. It's only 2 pm. They have 12 more hours.
Nintendo are the same people who says Ganon will appear in TP in a way he has never appeared before. They are also the same people who said Link would be a child, teen, and adult in the same game. I understand the 'growning up' factor (which was also bull), but wouldn't they just mean, he grew from kid to adult, or teen to adult?

Anyway, I normally have plenty more, but those are the only two I can always think off the top of my head.

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I agree with Shark X, I am thing they will release it when the Japanese people are out of school. so I think it will be up before or around midnight for the west coast.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
You know what I say, F Japan man... they suck. Let make war on Japan and make them move to US so we get what we want.

If you're with me say, "NRW- Nintendo Rebbelion War"

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
No, I think 2 PM is the best hour in Japan, because all people is up, and no one is at school by that hour. Also, having dinner at 7, how much more will we wait? An hour or so, I hope

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Random smashboard statistic: "View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 875, Today at 09:17 PM."

nuro

Smash Lord
This is just a guess but this is what I "think" happened.

Sakurai planned to make a trailer video or something very special for this day but when the day actually came time ran out and they were off schedule. Since they didn't plan for it to be like this they updated the site and said "starting today" but since they were still having problems I guess they didn't update it.

You can kind of tell that they weren't ready since Sakurai said that he should probably show something new at Snake vs Zombie. Creating something such as a world wide Smashbrawl video takes a lot of time depending on the caliber of the video. Besides that he needs to plan it out and talk with multiple coordinators in order to actually put it online.

Basically it is their way of saying we messed up and we need more time. Don't think that they are all sleeping or whatever because Starting today means Starting today. They messed up but they are probably working rapidly right now to fix this problem.

Saimdusan

Smash Apprentice
WTF! It's 2:20 in Japan now!!!!

W... T.... F...??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Remember last year at E3 when it looked like they weren't going to show anything and everyone got their panties in a wad? Then they did show something at the very last minute. Well that's what this is like.

I predict that they'll update at 11:59 PM Japan time.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
Everyone who says "they must by lying" certainly retains some sort of below average intelligence. Can anyone really say that they didn't expect that it wouldn't be updated at the time they thought it would be? Of course scav was wrong. The second I saw that post I snorted. I'm ancy too, but I'm not surprised.

If they stick to releasing it in Japan "today", then it should at least be updated by 10:00 AM central time.

ShiroiKen

Smash Apprentice
Well, at least now I can enter Smashboards without problems; I tried at 5 am (Spain; 12 am in Japan), and I couldn't connect D:

I wonder why they DIDNT UPDATE >.<

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
:laugh: Lmfao fellas :laugh: That would be crazy if they added "Servers UP!!!!"then when you click it like a mad phycho "...in July!!,prepare to smash then!!!" :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway,what in the holy hell are they waiting for? If they wait for everyone else,the server just going blow the **** up as soon everyone jumps on it(lag).They need to put it up asap.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
I haven't posted at this website in a year (not that it matters for a newb like me) but with this recent development I couldn't help but come back! I can't wait! I've been anticipating Brawl for so long I can hardly remember when I wasn't. I'm gonna guess that 4:00 PM Japan time sounds good. That'll 2:00 AM here. :|

But I've had many late nights, and many all nighters, this won't be any different. If it's isn't updated by 2:00 AM though, I'm gonna have to go to bed. You guys keep vigilant watch for us who can't spend all night on the compy, 'kay? ^_^

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I told you guys. Today can mean anytime. It could be 11:59 P.M. their time before they add anything.
Nah man,it cant be that late.If they gonna do it,there going do it within awake hours.Anit it 2-3ish in the afternoon in the Land of the Rising sun atm? My guess is theyll do it within the next 1-4 hours according to Japan's time.

anti

Smash Journeyman
So many people making guesses for the times and stufff... so many spam..(Mmmm yum), MY guess is that they'll have it up before the end of this week! HAH! take that :]

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Anti has us beat, unless it dosn't come out this week........ gahhh

I'm going to keep posting this pic lol, 17 mins til another hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom