• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Remember, Ganon was an unlockable in Melee......

Maybe he'll be an unlockable in Brawl also.
maybe...in fact most likely. zelda, bowser, and peach skipped unlockability so i guess Bored isnt a ****** for thinking Peach will come soon but i dont think this week at all though. however falcon and ness went from unlockable to standard in melee and ganon has become more familiarized so he might just be visible from the getgo. never know though...(especially cuz luigi and jiggs were still kept underwraps for some stupid reason or another)
Music updates are the pits. I hope it isnt...
theres not tht great but i only want one just so im right...heh heh

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I just have to say something about the footstool jump. I really hope this does not screw up the game and I wish there was a way to turn it off, but I doubt there will be. I am just thinking this game is going in the direction of trying to please 10-15 year olds. Even though the majority I am guessing is like 16-24. The footstool jump in particular seems childish to me and I really hope it doesn't slow the game down because smash is meant to be played fast.

Hopefully tommorrow brings a cool update, I usually hope for the levels or characters since I never play with items, although they will be interesting to test out and just play around with. I really want to see some information on a new character like Meta-knight or Snake...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Da dum ching..... drumroll
Thank you, thank you.
At least the items are starting to come from the actual game franchises now. I don't like so many items being unique to SSB...the beam sword, bumper, and homerun bat were fine, but now there's too many not from other games. I mean, I would have been happier if they just said the banana peel came from the Mario Kart series. Oh well, the new items have been pretty cool, at least.
Actually, the Homerun Bat is from Earthbound.

I actually, without bias, have to admit that Captain Falcon has a good chance of being revealed this week. All of the original 64 starters were confirmed, they might just as well move on to the unlockables that were starters in Melee. Also, he was already semi-confirmed with Goroh....... and with the Pitfall item out, that means Animal Crossing has had more updates so far than the already established F-Zero franchise.
Thus, I think a balancing F-Zero update can be expected soon.

Sandy

Smash Champion
ZOMG !f th!s !t3m d03snt c0nf!rm t0m n00k th3n ! d0nt kn0w wh4t d03s lolz.

It confirms nothing. Animal Crossing is popular and they're using SSB friendly items to represent it. There's still no guarantee that any AC people will be in it.

Well do you guys think that theyre going to spoil the whole game by telling everyone, every character? I would hope not. I would like to know how many characters there will be in the roster but I dont wanna know who they all are.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I just have to say something about the footstool jump. I really hope this does not screw up the game and I wish there was a way to turn it off, but I doubt there will be. I am just thinking this game is going in the direction of trying to please 10-15 year olds. Even though the majority I am guessing is like 16-24. The footstool jump in particular seems childish to me and I really hope it doesn't slow the game down because smash is meant to be played fast.
Huh... I'm 24 and I think the FS is a fine idea. It's more realistic for a character to land on top of another instead of passing through, and it seems like a neat mechanic. I do have to admit though, I'll miss some of the hilarious poses that sometimes resulted from characters clipping through each other.

Roy Dynasty

Smash Journeyman
ZOMG !f th!s !t3m d03snt c0nf!rm t0m n00k th3n ! d0nt kn0w wh4t d03s lolz.

It confirms nothing. Animal Crossing is popular and they're using SSB friendly items to represent it. There's still no guarantee that any AC people will be in it.

Well do you guys think that theyre going to spoil the whole game by telling everyone, every character? I would hope not. I would like to know how many characters there will be in the roster but I dont wanna know who they all are.
I'm with you. I keep checking the website so I can see which characters are coming back, and to see the items and stages and stuff along the way, but as soon as they announce another new character I'm leaving behind the website for good until the game comes out. I'm already disappointed that I know of Pit, Wario, MK, and Snake.

Del Money

Smash Champion
...and hopefully theres no way any AC people will be in it either

@Bored
Peach next week possibly...but not this week

@Fawriel
how the hell are you not banned?

@maxpower227
YOURE 24??? dear lord thats awesome...i dont feel so bad about turning 19 next month...HOOYAH

special moves or music or c. falcon tonight FTW

Fawriel

Smash Master
...pff. I sent Del a PM asking what he meant, but I guess it's a public matter?

Why would I be banned? I post a lot, but I only do so when I actually have something to contribute.
The only gross exception I can remember is that little war with RDK, which got me 4 infraction points and unfortunately got him banned... so that's not happening anymore, either.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, nevermind that. I guess I just misinterpreted it... a little nervous lately. But yeah.

Uh.

( "Think of something relevant, Faw..." )

...The Pitfall item is interesting if you think about it.
It has something in common with the Banana Peel and the Footstool Jump updates...
They hint at changes in the way the physics of the game.

Although it's just speculation to say that about the Pitfall, it seems to me they'd have to program it differently from the way DK's >B Headbutt works, and it's definitely different from most items in Melee which just dealt some type of damage and knockback.
Yay!

bored

Smash Ace
...and hopefully theres no way any AC people will be in it either

@Bored
Peach next week possibly...but not this week

@Fawriel
how the hell are you not banned?

@maxpower227
YOURE 24??? dear lord thats awesome...i dont feel so bad about turning 19 next month...HOOYAH

special moves or music or c. falcon tonight FTW
I dunno about you, but capt. falcon will be next week :laugh:

Del Money

Smash Champion
Although it's just speculation to say that about the Pitfall, it seems to me they'd have to program it differently from the way DK's >B Headbutt works, and it's definitely different from most items in Melee which just dealt some type of damage and knockback.
Yay!
agreed. if a pitfall actually dealt damage, that might almost be as stupid as letting AC characters in

I dunno about you, but capt. falcon will be next week :laugh:
WHAAAAAAAA?

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
whats wrong with 15 year olds? 15 is far from childish. dont be condescending on young smashers like that. a 14-15 year old can be just as good as say a 20 year old. so dont act like your above the 10-15 year olds just cause your older. sheesh. and btw, the footstool jump is an exciting new feature. im pretty sure that it will add to gameplay, not take away from it.

Del Money

Smash Champion
@Contents Under Pressure
i doubt he meant anything bad about 15 years...so keep your shirt on. besides, most of you guys here are young as balls anyways. let us old farts have our fun dammit

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
If I was condescending in my post I did not mean to be, I was just saying it seems like they are going in the direction of making it more of a kids game, I would still play it if it half the game melee is, but I just wish it was fast paced and the FS update doesn't give me hope for that. Just everytime I picture Footstool jump in melee I don't see how it would work well, so I am guessing they are changing a lot of game mechanics in Brawl. Hopefully they will make FS sweet though...

@Contents Under Pressure
i doubt he meant anything bad about 15 years...so keep your shirt on. besides, most of you guys here are young as balls anyways. let us old farts have our fun dammit
If I was condescending in my post I did not mean to be, I was just saying it seems like they are going in the direction of making it more of a kids game, I would still play it if it half the game melee is, but I just wish it was fast paced and the FS update doesn't give me hope for that. Just everytime I picture Footstool jump in melee I don't see how it would work well, so I am guessing they are changing a lot of game mechanics in Brawl. Hopefully they will make FS sweet though...
i wasnt trying to say anything bad about the older players , it just seemed like you were looking down on younger players, yes if they made it for like 8 year olds, it would suck, but a 15 year olds game isnt too far off from an adults game. i think it will be good with mixing it up to please both sides. but ya i kinda almost went off alittle there when i shouldnt have, but its all good now. and im sure the footstool jump will definitely have fast-paced use for hardcore smashers, so i wouldnt worry yet. sakurai hasnt screwed us over just yet ;)

Suna

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt trying to say anything bad about the older players , it just seemed like you were looking down on younger players, yes if they made it for like 8 year olds, it would suck, but a 15 year olds game isnt too far off from an adults game. i think it will be good with mixing it up to please both sides. but ya i kinda almost went off alittle there when i shouldnt have, but its all good now. and im sure the footstool jump will definitely have fast-paced use for hardcore smashers, so i wouldnt worry yet. sakurai hasnt screwed us over just yet ;)
the Foot stool jump might be bad for players that use people like Pit

worldjem7

Smash Ace
why? I think FS Jump would benefit every character in Brawl, heck it practically gives everyone their own sort of "shine spike"

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
If I was condescending in my post I did not mean to be, I was just saying it seems like they are going in the direction of making it more of a kids game.
I dont know why people "think" simplier=kiddy when they should be thinking in smarter terms like for example Simplier= More brand of audience finding intrest only to get there face pounded in STILL cuz I know even if Brawl was turned into Mario Party 19 Dbl XXX express,my skills with STILL outshine my victims on the battlefield. :)

I dont know why people "think" simplier=kiddy when they should be thinking in smarter terms like for example Simplier= More brand of audience finding intrest only to get there face pounded in STILL cuz I know even if Brawl was turned into Mario Party 19 Dbl XXX express,my skills with STILL outshine my victims on the battlefield. :)
QFT lol mario party 19 Dbl XXX express haha lmao thats funny.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
lol yeah, sorry we kinda dominated that page for the most part but yeah, it sure looks like people are expecting C. Falcon this week. Personally, I don't like to "look for clues" when it comes to updates, I just wait and hope and appreciate the updates that he DOES give us until the next time he updates, because I know that if I don't get the update I want to see, I know he'll put it up there sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom