• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Soup

Smash Ace
Mastering the mysterious art of Quantum Edge Physi
@ del money
have you read choke? strangest school forced book ever
Isn't that by that guy who wrote Fight Club?

And I wish you guys would get over the Animal Crossing characters for playable characters. That would be the stupidest thing ever.

And don't say you could make up a moveset for them, because I wouldn't even care--Tom Nook jumping around the stage would just be uber-gay.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Isn't that by that guy who wrote Fight Club?

And I wish you guys would get over the Animal Crossing characters for playable characters. That would be the stupidest thing ever.

And don't say you could make up a moveset for them, because I wouldn't even care--Tom Nook jumping around the stage would just be uber-gay.
Well I think Tom Nook would be awesome.A blue haired swordsman would be stupid though.:laugh:

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I haven't played an AC game but the characters look a bit too...uh... adorable to be playable. But then again we have pichu and jiggs soo...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Having Tom Nook jump around would be homosexual? Hm, that doesn't make sense to me.

And I'd like to point out that I called this item weeks ago. Woo!

Del Money

Smash Champion

lol agreed.

captain falcon or music tomorrow

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
That fuker know he updated in a hurry tonight.:laugh: They probably had a gun to his head.Anyway,I dont like to early spectulate but,since Sakurai stated that the item can make you go through pass-through floors,does that kinda sound like a useless on them,or does that mean you cant go though floating platforms anymore? Cuz if you still can,its useless on them cuz well,YOU GO THOUGH THEM ON YOUR OWN.But if not then...:)

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
I have played the animal crossing series for years, and I will still say

Playable AC characters<<<<<<<<<<<<<<playable Sandbag.

'nuff said.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
@Blood + Cola

Lol...not LITERALLY homosexual. I just don't like it.

P.S: I think Marth as a character is homosexual--I only use him cuz of his wicked moves. XD

Captain Falcon this week? Hope so, but I don't want to be sorely disappointed either, and get another item... >_<
I still want Nook.And maybe we'll get another Animal Crossing item.:p

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Having Tom Nook jump around would be homosexual? Hm, that doesn't make sense to me.

And I'd like to point out that I called this item weeks ago. Woo!
Yeah you did :laugh: I remember that post,it was when I was screaming at that ccck dude at the time for thinking Yoshi wasnt in the fuking game,even after they had a stage named after him in fuking captial letters. :embarrass

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lamest. Update. Ever. Of all the items in AC, this one. Why not the umbrella? Or the ax?
Why not the thing we have now then?
Get over it, I mean, it's not like most players care for items.
Besides, it's not that bad.
One could mast*rbate to it.

...not that you understand that statment. :laugh:

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Well I think Tom Nook would be awesome.A blue haired swordsman would be stupid though.:laugh:
well, what about an italian plumber tossing fireballs and fighting overgrown turtles?
or a blue hedgehog with sneakers running around? or perhaps a teenager with a green tunic and white leggings going around beating up cocky evil wizard incarnations? the list goes on my friend.

Fawriel

Smash Master
This increases the chance of a playable character from Animal Crossing.

OR

This increases the probability of Animal Crossing solely being repped by other things than playable characters.

The first option actually seems somewhat more likely to me... otherwise, why would Saurai specifically make several updates for the franchise if there are, which would be the case in case #2, more franchises solely repped by items or stages?

I, for one, welcome our new tanuki overlord.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
That fuker know he updated in a hurry tonight.:laugh: They probably had a gun to his head.Anyway,I dont like to early spectulate but,since Sakurai stated that the item can make you go through pass-through floors,does that kinda sound like a useless on them,or does that mean you cant go though floating platforms anymore? Cuz if you still can,its useless on them cuz well,YOU GO THOUGH THEM ON YOUR OWN.But if not then...:)
a-hmm...

@Black,stop it right now! :mad:

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
lmao!
*stops*

Well, I had my fun anyways.

Oh, and my two cents on this item:
It's not great, it's not ZOMG!!, but it's cute.
I like it. (:
:laugh: :laugh: I was joking,but you dont want McFox cu...coming in here screamin"WTF YOU DID TO MY SON!?,HE SAIDS SKEET IS THE NEW HIP WORD ON THE STREET,AND NOW EVERYONE TELLING HIM TO TRY IT!!!?BANNED FOR 5745745675463546234547345674678 WEEKS.AND YES,I DID SPAM THAT,CUZ I KNOW YOU WONT BE BACK AFTER THIS!!@!#! ****,YOU GUYS SPAM STUFF,MY TURN DAMMIT :(" :laugh:

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman

Hong

The Strongest
The Pitfall seems like a cool idea. Nothing extraordinary or revolutionary on its own, but the application to Super Smash Brothers Brawl is something out of the norm and may have some interesting possibilities. Not like I care for items too much but at least these will be more subtle and forgettable than the Motion-Sensor Bomb of old.

tomvanharmelen

Smash Journeyman
i think that BECAUSE the motion sensor bomb was sooooo obvious you should be ashamed if u hit it..
what im more worried about is how long u'll stay put if u hit this thing.. like .. would it be a weak DK --> B?

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
MSB has NO REASON to be removed. It is a staple of the series, just like Shells and Homerun Bats.

Now what about Pow Blocks? Not like the old TMK stage, I mean one that is a throwing item. It's not like it would be cheap at all.

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
Pitfall looks pretty interesting, but I don't know how making characters fall through platforms will help my battle in any way. Unless they fall through the platform and get stuck in the ground?

Hong

The Strongest
Huh? My post from last page wasn't implying the Pitfall as a replacement for the MSB, just a comparison in their subtley since the MSB is rarely forgotten due to the distinct green glow.

On that subject;
Isn't the Gooey Bomb the replacement for the Motion-Sensor Bomb? I thought it'd be replacing it since it does everything it can but more. A sort of more original innovation.
I mean, I guess they could still keep the Motion-Sensor Bomb, just not much of a reason to. D:
In my opinion at least.

(Not in reply to post 16792. Curse you high traffic forums!)

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Gooey Bomb is time based, not proximity. Both could still be used respectively.

Gooey bomb is mostly "catch-me-if-you-can" antics, the MSB, even with the glow, can be overlooked in the melee.

Now what would be REALLY cool would be if the Gooey Bomb would stick to items as well, or at least containers.

I'm a little surprised the Pitfall is totally invisible, even if it does little to no damage on its own. It seems more like a flipper replacement than anything, just there to mess you up, like the banana peel.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I lol'd when I saw it.

When I first saw the title, I was like, WTF? Then I thought, no, it couldn't, could it? Then I was lol.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It's 12 PM, I don't see what's the problem.

Oh yeah, forgot. This board is American, it follows American time schedule.

Sorry, going back to bed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom