• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is this the first thread to ever reach 1000? [/n00b]

So.....how amazing would it feel to see someone trying to recover from an insanely far distance (so far that they're only hope is to grab the edge of the stage) and then throw a bob-omb at that area and smash that person's hopes and dreams on the pavement?

I think it'd be pretty nice.

Betaz

Smash Ace
ok people only 8000 more pages to go there's gonna be no sleepin tonight swabbies

(sorry once again... i'm replaying Zelda: WW)

Hound

Smash Cadet
Ack. I need to go read that new Harry Potter book. *suchanoob*
And then go to sleep.

Nightttt

Betaz

Smash Ace
I imagine something a great deal bigger will replace H. Temple.
yeah like a new Hyrule temple.... blech just get rid of the tunnle and base it off of TP's hyrule... castle... i should replay TP againg after this hmmmmm....

also

ROFL already read it... i mean.... burned... it? >.>

VA

Smash Hero
Nice stage, if a little worrying about easy KO's...but a good update nonetheless. 1000 posts on this thread mirrors my 1000th comment on myspazz...lol...sad.

Let's hope this DOES replace Hyrule Temple from Melee, that level is a design error at it's worse. Look's nice...plays ****. I sincerely hope it doesn't return...

Woodman

Smash Rookie
I like that really low platform. it will be loads of fun fighting for it and I'm sure it will come in pretty handy when you are trying to get back on the platforms.

Are all of the platforms breakable? or is it just the the ones above the main big platform?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Out of the 8 stages already confirmed for Brawl, what ones will be playable in tournies?

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Is this the first thread to ever reach 1000? [/n00b]

So.....how amazing would it feel to see someone trying to recover from an insanely far distance (so far that they're only hope is to grab the edge of the stage) and then throw a bob-omb at that area and smash that person's hopes and dreams on the pavement?

I think it'd be pretty nice.
The Final Smashes with the beams are gonna be the ulimate killers tho.Heres a quick case scenario...

Player1:Oda Oda ha haha,shty!@!# Mario is just over there chillin...
Player2:the Bridge is breakin,run!
Mario: A-Oh...
Player1:A Smash Ball!! Mario's got it! Hes gonna edgeguard with it!!

:laugh:"IF" items are allow in tournments this time,Ill bet you 10 bucks theyll ban that in a heartbeat.Any smart player can see what Iam talking about already.Thats why I think they fuked up on some final smashes like that.Pikachu's can be just as bad,but thats all up to on how to active the smashes.If you can pick up the ball and have control on when to use it,it wont be in tournments.If the final smashes start automatically as soon as you touch the ball,then I think it wont be that big of a deal.From what I read tho,I think you have a limited of time after you pick up one,not 100% sure on that,I gotta re-read it again.

Honestly tho,I dont really give a flying *** what tournments like or dont like,that stage is gonna set some nice mindgames with items and such.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
google translate the japanese stage text into "Sky boundary"
Copying and pasting the kanji into Jim Breen's WWWJDIC server (which is much more reliable than google or altavista) says "skyworld"

And what's this about 1000 pages. It's only 376 in my settings. You people better get crackin' :p

Blackadder

Smash Master
Is it just me or do I not post much anymore?
Whatever.
I think this stage is okay...I'm hoping for tourny legal, but I doubt it...

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
well i dint expected anonother stage this week
Yeah,I wish we could have as many character or AT updates as we do stage ones! Oh well,this one seems decent to me,and congrats to 1000 pages!!!! WOOT!!!!! May we have another 1000 full of spam and semi-intelligent conversation!

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'd say Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, and Smashville can all be legitimate tourney stages.
Correct! You pass SlackBladder's "Why are Brawl's stages currently scaring me" test! Congrats!
*Hands prize*

Translation: That's not enough tourny stages for my liking. MOAR stages!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well it's about time this showed up. Now for that Fire Emblem stage. I wanna see if it really is two stages in one.

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how fast it takes for the platforms to regenerate. I like the stage idea. The stage itself looks very nice (kinda reminds me of the temple stage in Soul Calibur 2). Looks like a stage that will require tons of mindgames and strategy (figuring how to break platforms and give your opponent no breathing room).

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Nice stage, if a little worrying about easy KO's...but a good update nonetheless. 1000 posts on this thread mirrors my 1000th comment on myspazz...lol...sad.

Let's hope this DOES replace Hyrule Temple from Melee, that level is a design error at it's worse. Look's nice...plays ****. I sincerely hope it doesn't return...
??

Why is a design error?

Maybe is the best good looking stage on the whole melee, the song rocks... the tunnel is the leet to create a lot of havoc and havea good laugh in 4 player mode, and you can do things there that u cant elsewhere!.

If you are calling the stage "an error" because is banned from tournies, then i sincerely thing you are wrong.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
keep in mind everything is still speculation. we cant judge whether or not a stage will be legal by 4 screenshots and a 2 sec. clip. for some of these were just gonna have to play and see.

and keep in mind the main reason why some stages are banned is because of fox

nerf fox= more legalities of stages

Croco

Smash Lord
Skyworld is called "Skyworld" because it's one of the areas in Angel Land.. It's actually Level 3.

The 'Skyworld' stage music melody will probably sound something like this-
MIDI Song of Level 3

Level 3 "Sky World" description-
http://www.flyingomelette.com/kidicarus/kidicaruslevel3.html

"Alot of the platforms that make up this level are clouds. Do not duck down on these, because you will fall through.
Well that to is the same effect that happens in the Brawl stage.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman

Sandy

Smash Champion
I dunno about Sky World. I never really liked the stages where you had to keep track of it's condition. It's like you spend more time trying to stay on the stage than you do actually fighting. That's why I didn't like the IC stage and probably why I wasn't so stoked about DK's stage.

But, im still WAY stoked on getting this game.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Two stage updates in one week is weird although to be fair we already new of the existence of this one. Still looks it good and it seems like you can knock people down through the platforms when they're clouds. nice.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What a crappy translation. It doesn't say much so I'm gonna assume you fall through when the stage breaks. Sounds like a bad stage to me.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Mother III Medley FTL.
Even though this is like over 10 pages back...my friend, I have to HIGHLY disagree with you. Mother 3's music is awesome, and having a medley of the majority of the themes from that particular game, including the LOVE theme, would pwn greatly.

Anyways, about Skyworld, looks interesting. I hope to have a fun time destroying platforms and whatnot.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed that through this whole update, he never even explained how the clouds work.

In the second trailer, people are clearly standing on the clouds, so they do serve as platforms. But then in the last screenshot, you see Wario getting KO'd downwards through the clouds. Could it be that you can walk on them, but meteor smashes will send you down through them anyway? If so, can you save yourself by teching? Can you grab the edge of a cloud during your recovery (probably not)?

I have a bad feeling that in this stage, KO's will come MUCH more easily to some characters than others. Anyone with a meteor smash can pretty much destroy anyone at any time, edgeguarding will be ridiculously easy, and characters without really good vertical recoveries might not even need to be edgeguarded...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
What a crappy translation. It doesn't say much so I'm gonna assume you fall through when the stage breaks. Sounds like a bad stage to me.
haven't you seen the second trailer? the fighters didn't fall through, but i think the only way is with a powerful attack, like a meteor smash, or when the character is at high damage

but i'm glad we're seeing the older stages. i want to see more info regarding stages we've seen in the trailers. 4 down

Hotshot672

Smash Cadet
do you guys think sakurai's Updating plan is good so far? Should there be more of a certain update? i personally think he is doing good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom