• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevRed

Smash Apprentice
What if they try to remake the DK rap, and they have no access to American singers.

heh heh. Japanese people and DK rap. That'll be interesting.

-KevRed

Betaz

Smash Ace
@KevRed

have you ever heard real japanese rap?
it's hillarious they rap in japanese... but then they put random english words in it like for example... Sunshine Doughnut in the toaster... seriously i'm not kidding

Del Money

Smash Champion
Yeah. We're officially kicking you off of Smashboards. Nyah!

JK.
haha i was just being stupid. not much else to do while waiting

There's always a 2nd chance XD It would be awesome to see it happen too.
music may swing around again. i doubt that DK rap will be nixed from brawl. especially if DK gets two or more stages again

What if they try to remake the DK rap, and they have no access to American singers.

heh heh. Japanese people and DK rap. That'll be interesting.

-KevRed
if by interesting you mean awful, then yes

flaco

The Terminator
I still think that smashboards is the best forum site for smash brothers overall is a good one I give it a 100 nice jobgideon and all staff

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I don't think we'll hear a third remix of the DK Rap. I'm sure Nintendo owns the rights to it and everything, but Rare recorded it for Melee. They might decide to go with a more traditional Jungle Japes for DK's stage, and then something from DKC2 for a second (and/or Diddy's stage).

Betaz

Smash Ace
lol omg..I want to hear japanese rap so I can laugh XD
:laugh:
I did'nt make up that example either... i heard it in my japanese class last year... my teacher would randomly put on different types of japanese music, most of it was japanese pop but we occasionally got j-rock and j-rap

BTW another double post for you ^_^

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
I don't think we'll hear a third remix of the DK Rap. I'm sure Nintendo owns the rights to it and everything, but Rare recorded it for Melee. They might decide to go with a more traditional Jungle Japes for DK's stage, and then something from DKC2 for a second (and/or Diddy's stage).
Nintendo better or else, there will be riots lol XD

:laugh:
I did'nt make up that example either... i heard it in my japanese class last year... my teacher would randomly put on different types of japanese music, most of it was japanese pop but we occasionally got j-rock and j-rap

BTW another double post for you ^_^
Man, I wanna take a japanese class now XD

This comp is good for double posting. :p XD

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i know all of you have your speculation and dreams but i stick to confirmed business
http://wii.ign.com/articles/710/710157p1.html
just to tell you this was first on the smash dojo before the whole daily update change so it's legit

if you look at the first trailer even though it was semi movie not true gameplay it is still safe to use information from it seeing that the obscure things like wario's chopper is actually a move

when pit and meta is fighting samus charges a shot to the extreme and shoot a large blast then her suit falls and she becomes zamus
therefore i'm assuming that samus's fs is the overload cannon (or hyperbeam) which makes the power suit lose it's energy forcing samus to fight as zamus till the end of the match i'm also assuming that zamus can be the character you start as and her fs will end with the power suit
of course this is just logical speculation so don't flame me ifi'm wrong:grin:
(about the fs part not the zamus is a transform part)

Betaz

Smash Ace
i know all of you have your speculation and dreams but i stick to confirmed business
just to tell you this was first on the smash dojo before the whole daily update change so it's legit

if you look at the first trailer even though it was semi movie not true gameplay it is still safe to use information from it seeing that the obscure things like wario's chopper is actually a move

when pit and meta is fighting samus charges a shot to the extreme and shoot a large blast then her suit falls and she becomes zamus
therefore i'm assuming that samus's fs is the overload cannon (or hyperbeam) which makes the power suit lose it's energy forcing samus to fight as zamus till the end of the match i'm also assuming that zamus can be the character you start as and her fs will end with the power suit

i'm Ok with that... that would leave them as the same character and it
would'nt take up a character space... for me it just seems wrong that you
ca'nt play as a character unless you have a certain item on.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord

Cool find.That could very well be what happens.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i'm Ok with that... that would leave them as the same character and it
would'nt take up a character space... for me it just seems wrong that you
ca'nt play as a character unless you have a certain item on.
that's why i'm assuming that you can start as either and both there fs will cause a transformation

besides a one time only transformation allows sakurai to make two competitive characters instead of making characters that require each other for battle

i think the sheik/zelda thing in melee taught them that that it's too hard to balance

i mean no one (except my friend) uses both in an equal amount and stragetic way

Fanewgie

Smash Ace

Holy run-on sentence, Batman.

I've heard this arguement billions of times, and it's pretty solid, except that I think someone wound up proving that it's impossible for Samus to lose her suit in such a way without severe injury.

I'm really just pulling for them to be seperate characters. I'd hate to see Samus suffer the same fate as Zelda (being nerfed into oblivion to balance being two characters), and I think pretty much every theory about a transformation just sounds gimmicky and lame.

And I'm super anti-gimmick. I think Sakurai is too, because the stages so far are such a drastic change from the gimmicks that we had in Melee.

Edit: Oh, the "they won't waste a character slot on Zamus" theory is ********. The character is already in the game and taking up a ton of disc space, the actual slot on the character select screen takes up virtually no space at all, and that thing can be arranged in any number of ways for it to look good. If anything, I feel like it would be cheating Zamus to NOT give her her own selection slot.

Betaz

Smash Ace
that's why i'm assuming that you can start as either and both there fs will cause a transformation

besides a one time only transformation allows sakurai to make two competitive characters instead of making characters that require each other for battle

i think the sheik/zelda thing in melee taught them that that it's too hard to balance

i mean no one (except my friend) uses both in an equal amount and stragetic way
ok time for some Zamus fs speculation...
i'm going to say she will find the Varia Suit and will touch it equiping it... but for all of us who has played a metroid game we know equipping a new suit causes a shockwave i'm going to guess that that shockwave will be the thing that causes damage

RDK

Smash Hero
And I'm super anti-gimmick. I think Sakurai is too, because the stages so far are such a drastic change from the gimmicks that we had in Melee.
Anything's better than that **** tornado from Smash64's Hyrule Castle.

*Looks into future and sees that the next Brawl update is Hyrule Castle Stage*

...ah...so we meet again.

EDIT:
Oh, the "they won't waste a character slot on Zamus" theory is ********. The character is already in the game and taking up a ton of disc space, the actual slot on the character select screen takes up virtually no space at all, and that thing can be arranged in any number of ways for it to look good. If anything, I feel like it would be cheating Zamus to NOT give her her own selection slot.
That's not what they mean when people say "take up a character slot". What they mean by that is that there are so many designated "slots", or "characters" in Brawl. Why have one taken up with a doulbe of a character and leave someone else out when that character could just hit Down-B and transform?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
ah fanewgie that argument was rebroken

see anti transform people state that samus is binded with her suit so she can't just take it off

i believe this was in zero suit mission in which samus gets wounded and doctors are worried that removing her suit will kill her but they do anyway

however it has been confirmed (i forgot what game) that samus can take off her suit in her own will

this explains the doctor's concern in the other game because samus was unconscious at the time so she can't willingly take it off

therefore it's quite reasonable that samus will take off her suit in brawl after an overload shot depowers or malfunctions her suit for a moment since it's her will

yet again i know too much trivia

@blackadder not now i said that not as a challenge:grin:

Blackadder

Smash Master
@DK
Lmao.
I think we may get a Bacon attack today, I think Sakurai lke showing them off, and it's been a while.

Betaz

Smash Ace
ah fanewgie that argument was rebroken

see anti transform people state that samus is binded with her suit so she can't just take it off

i believe this was in zero suit mission in which samus gets wounded and doctors are worried that removing her suit will kill her but they do anyway

however it has been confirmed (i forgot what game) that samus can take off her suit in her own will

this explains the doctor's concern in the other game because samus was unconscious at the time so she can't willingly take it off

therefore it's quite reasonable that samus will take off her suit in brawl after an overload shot depowers or malfunctions her suit for a moment since it's her will

yet again i know too much trivia

@blackadder not now i said that not as a challenge:grin:

are you talking about MP and MP2? in MP she just takes off her helmet... in MP2 her entire suit just kind of *teleports* off of her

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
no i remember it had actuall words explaining what she's doing

but enough of that now

i'm guessing that today will be a revolutionary new game mode none of us can predict or an fs

why both of them are overdue

Betaz

Smash Ace
no not metroid fusion i'm talking about the games that you forgot about where she does willingly take it of... well come to think of it in EVERY metroid game she willingly takes off her suit

RDK

Smash Hero
The minute technicalities don't matter as much as the actual gameplay. Lots of little details that should be canon to the character's respective games are screwed up. I.E: Pikachu and Pichu are WAY too big; Fox and Falco never used Up-B or 4ward-B in their games; Ganondorf is a clone of CF (WTF?), etc.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i think smash walks a fine line between technicalities

size is obvious since a bowser vs kirby would have to be zoomed so back so you can see bowser but it will make kirby a dot

also sakurai said that ganandorf slipped his mind while making melee so he made him into a falcon clone since he needs to be in the game and he has similar body features ((which is needed to make clones )(i'm looking at you waluigi as a wario clone for brawl people)) time issues

RDK

Smash Hero
i think smash walks a fine line between technicalities

size is obvious since a bowser vs kirby would have to be zoomed so back so you can see bowser but it will make kirby a dot
Bowser's not THAT much bigger than Kirb. Unless you're talking about Giga...?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Bacon tonight, I think Sakurai must be DYING to show what his Kirby can do.
I would love to have some updates on him, and I think it's about time we got a Kirby update.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
bowser in 64 is about two and a half time bigger (probably more) then mario

mario is explained as a full grown average man so let's say almost six feet

kirby is eight inches tall

you do the math i might have overexageratted but if it was on scale that is preposterous

RDK

Smash Hero
bowser in 64 is about two and a half time bigger (probably more) then mario

mario is explained as a full grown average man so let's say almost six feet

kirby is eight inches tall

you do the math i might have overexageratted but if it was on scale that is preposterous
Today 02:24 AM
That was my argument in this post:

The minute technicalities don't matter as much as the actual gameplay. Lots of little details that should be canon to the character's respective games are screwed up. I.E: Pikachu and Pichu are WAY too big; Fox and Falco never used Up-B or 4ward-B in their games; Ganondorf is a clone of CF (WTF?), etc.
The characters aren't their normal sizes; they're balanced out a little.

And Bowser wasn't in Smash64, unless you're referring to Super Mario Bros.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, DonkeySmasher is referring to Super Mario 64 and not Super Smash Bros. 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom