• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
i look at it this way, if u had no idea that snake was in brawl, who would u think would be more likely to appear in brawl: sonic or snake?

I think most people, myself included, would believe that sonic would be more likely. He is just a far more suitable candidate IMO. (not that i dislike Snake or anyting, he looks awesome)

Del Money

Smash Champion
i look at it this way, if u had no idea that snake was in brawl, who would u think would be more likely to appear in brawl: sonic or snake?

I think most people, myself included, would believe that sonic would be more likely. He is just a far more suitable candidate IMO. (not that i dislike Snake or anyting, he looks awesome)
well true, but the fact is theyre both 3rd party. a characters style and popularity is a good thing to consider. but the process of contacting 3rd party companies, reaching agreements, and sorting development stuff out is way more significant.

Thats why you throw/hit them into it. You'd have to be a NSider n00b to not do that. Besides, whenever I use items, I throw the pokeballs at my opponents to raise probability of success.
well yeah obviously. i just think that a pokemon with a more surrounding attack (e.g. venusaur in melee) would be a better potential pwner.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
well true, but the fact is theyre both 3rd party. a characters style and popularity is a good thing to consider. but the process of contacting 3rd party companies, reaching agreements, and sorting development stuff out is way more significant.
Even when this is taken into consideration, sonic still would have been a more plausible candidate. Sega and Nintendo have never been closer.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Even when this is taken into consideration, sonic still would have been a more plausible candidate. Sega and Nintendo have never been closer.
agreed. with them working together on the olympics game, sonic is an even more likely candidate then he was before. though it pissed me off when microsoft claimed at their conference, that sega was one of their third-party partners, like it was almost a direct stab at nintendo.
edit: @falcon4life: whos sig?

Del Money

Smash Champion
thats very true. Sega had a hand in F-Zero GX. but that still doesnt change the fact that theyre separate companies and will have development agreements and contradictions. M&S at the Olympics and F-Zero GX shows that they can work together, and i want Sonic in so bad but i wouldnt bet on it.

when everyone realize Nobuo Uematsu was working on music for brawl everyone instantly thought FF characters could be a darn good 3rd party possibility. now everyone thinks its not gonna happen. ill admit though, ill be pretty stoked if we got an update that Jun Senoue (music dude from Sega) was in on the development...though thatll doesnt seem likely

EDIT:

though it pissed me off when microsoft claimed at their conference, that sega was one of their third-party partners, like it was almost a direct stab at nintendo.
did that really happen?dear lord....

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
though it pissed me off when microsoft claimed at their conference, that sega was one of their third-party partners, like it was almost a direct stab at nintendo.
did they say that? i can't remember.

if they did, are they kidding? it's mario and sonic at the olympics, not master chief and sonic at the olympics.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
did they say that? i can't remember.

if they did, are they kidding? it's mario and sonic at the olympics, not master chief and sonic at the olympics.
ya they did. when they were bragging about their third-party partners, sega was almost at the top of the list, and they mentioned sega again and again. but seriously, they can't seriously hope to contend with nintendo.

Del Money

Smash Champion
thats actually really dooshbag. lol what if microsoft is secretly planning on buying out Sega? nobody likes them anyways...well except me

Del Money

Smash Champion
yes, clearly it's going to be a character.
Most likely playable.
Any dibs on who though?
I say MetaKnight.
do you see something i dont? hows it clearly gonna be a character? *and no im not being sarcastic im just curious why you think so*. i just hope youre right so we dont get a baseball bat or maxim tomato. ive been feeling links special moves coming for a bit now and i think its happening this week. of course that counts as a lame update too

Del Money

Smash Champion
i'm saying game mode or fs
good call. i completely forgot about the all the single player modes, bonus stages, etc. its actually about time we heard if we might be a new 1 plyaer mode. that would actually be awesome. its the same reason i like melee so much. theres was so much single player value to that game before you could maximize your fun with multiplayer

ICEIGHT

Smash Cadet
A new single player mode does sound pretty good, expecially if they make better AI's for the computers, they are ****ing annoying, Power shielding here and there. They need to fix that

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah it would be nice to see AIs that dont suck at meteor smash edgeguarding. and hopefully the AI this time can find a more crafty way to play other that up+B or forward+B-ing off the edge

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Can you imagine how awesome that would be if level 9 AI was good enough to wavedash? :crazy: That'd be awesome.Anyway,I don't think tonight will be gameplay.Maybe a character,stage,or an item.

Rash

Smash Ace
It's great how with these updates Sakurai is pretty much just picking off/shooting down discussion topics one by one. Deoxys as a Pokeball Pokemon! Wooo! No more need for a "Deoxys for Brawl" thread!

Seriously, now we know that Deoxys comes from a Pokeball, and uses Hyper Beam. That's it. We can all finally move on. :)

That said, now my expectations for Lucario as a playable character are as high as ever.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah that would be cool. actually i think the AI will be siginficantly better. in all the brawl trailers and vids i dont see the AI characters (assuming theyre AI) brokebackmountaining about. im sure the ridiculousness of the AI was one of the 1st flaws nintendo noticed with melee

ICEIGHT

Smash Cadet
Yah especially if your falco and u overuse SHL and they power shield every one of them, its not good practice, thats why its better to practise against lowere levels like 6 and below

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
The reason smash AI is harder to make is because of the free movement and the high percentage of mindgames that make up this game. Think about it, in games like tekken the AI is good because that game is mostly technical skill over mindgames, like 90-10.

Del Money

Smash Champion
It's great how with these updates Sakurai is pretty much just picking off/shooting down discussion topics one by one. Deoxys as a Pokeball Pokemon! Wooo! No more need for a "Deoxys for Brawl" thread!

Seriously, now we know that Deoxys comes from a Pokeball, and uses Hyper Beam. That's it. We can all finally move on. :)

That said, now my expectations for Lucario as a playable character are as high as ever.
imagine if sakurai realized everyones dissappointment with deoxys nonplayability and decided to put tonights update as...playable lucario...
though i am 99.9 (uh repeating of course) percent sure this wont happen it would be kinda nice of sakurai.

...that and majoras will own JohnKnight1 a fresh copy of brawl when its release...to lose a bet like that in less than 24 hours, how tragic

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I wondered what if tonight they confirmed Ridley......as an AT. Tons of fanboys would nuke Sakurai's house!

Don't get me wrong,I like Ridely and I want him,but some people are obsessed about him and say they won't play Brawl if he doesn't make it in,and that's just stupid.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I understand that a lot of you are upset. If Peach wasn't confirmed for this game, I'd probably lose it, but it's not the end of the world. I'd still buy the game, and I'd just find someone else to play as (I was rather displeased when she wasn't in the first smash, so I ended up using Pikachu.)

As much as it stinks, we aren't going to get even half of the characters we actually want. We just have to expect the worst, BUT, hope for the best.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I am not sure.
if i wrote a response like that, admin would chew my @$$ out

anyways, heres what i dont like...the fact that some melee characters wont make the cut for brawl which i find lame because melee became my SSB64 substitute since no characters from SSB64 got cut and now brawl wont be able to substitute melee. i know this really seems like a petty complaint but im not sure im not the only one who feels that cutting characters is bad. maybe i can understand doc mario and young link (even though i like em both) but not unique characters like roy, G&W, falco, and mewtwo. yes falco is a clone but hes not a counterpart/alter ego of fox. roy isnt a counterpart/alter ego of marth and ganon sure as hell isnt one of falcon.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
WTF! Deoxys is not a character!? :@

I'm angry now... What I have left!? hopes for WWLink to make it at least...

Off Topic: Whats the difference between ".:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::."and this?
I'm reading that both threads are talking just the same on every update....

Del Money

Smash Champion
WTF! Deoxys is not a character!? :@

I'm angry now... What I have left!? hopes for WWLink to make it at least...

Off Topic: Whats the difference between ".:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::."and this?
I'm reading that both threads are talking just the same on every update....
off topic: its porbably because this thread l33t pwns n00b h@x0rs

on topic: i expected deoxys to be a pokeball character anyways. especially if entei and lugia werent playable in melee and there were movies made about them too (as if they could have a credible moveset anyways). same situation with mew. i think dont get why mewtwo made it to brawl though, not that im disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom