• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
I dunno... why would blaziken get in? hes just one of three starter Pokemon from one of the games...It seems like the people who picked the other starter Pokemon would be misrepresented, and at the same time, hes an old starter Pokemon. If they're going to pick one why wouldn't it be from D/P?

Is Mewtwo a Ness ripoff?
but blaziken is the most popular, has the most fighter potential, and would definitely fit. and he's not that old. now getting a g/s starter pokemon would be ridiculous. but overall, blaziken has alot more going for him than just a general starting pokemon, so my vote goes to him, but lucario would be nice too. im just sayin.

Croco

Smash Lord
One thing to point out..

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo..
All are important to the Anime series in some form.

So who else is there? Meowth. Meowth would support team rocket (The real villians of Pokemon) and will be the only Pokemon that talks.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I dunno... why would blaziken get in? hes just one of three starter Pokemon from one of the games...It seems like the people who picked the other starter Pokemon would be misrepresented, and at the same time, hes an old starter Pokemon. If they're going to pick one why wouldn't it be from D/P?

Is Mewtwo a Ness ripoff?
This is exactly what I don't get. I will never understand why Blaziken, of all the starters/pokemon in general, is the one that EVERYONE wants.

I honestly think that someone, somewhere, was randomly like "........BLAZIKEN'S A GOOD IDEA."

And then someone else was like "........WHAT THAT GUY SAID."

And now it's snowballed into the fanbase it is today. And it can't be denied that it's there. Blaziken's a neat pokemon, but I don't see anything special about it. If it's in, more power to the Blaziken fans. I'll never get you.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I kept my distance from the pokemon threads for 2 reasons:

1) I started to hate Pokemon games [they never change!]
2) They'd almost always end in a flame war about which is the best.

Hopefully with those precautions I won't be disappointed with whoever makes it in [unless it's Meowth, I swear to ****ing god I'm gonna be pissed if he makes it]

It's almost 4 am, time for sleep.

One thing to point out..

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo..
All are important to the Anime series in some form.

So who else is there? Meowth. Meowth would support team rocket (The real villians of Pokemon) and will be the only Pokemon that talks.
its not just about the anime dude. the game came first. and popularity is a key factor also, and right now the two most popular are blaziken and lucario, so again i say, my vote goes to them.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
@ bluebomber22
That made me LMFAO! Scrubs say the funniest things...maybe they'll say Superman is confirmed next, lol! XD
JK1- first off, im sorry about deoxys man. i personally had no feelings toward him, but i understand how you must feel, my condolances.

at least you can laugh at the Nsider forum "flash game" reasoning though:chuckle:

Croco

Smash Lord
its not just about the anime dude. the game came first. and popularity is a key factor also, and right now the two most popular are blaziken and lucario, so again i say, my vote goes to them.
So umm.. why isn't Red, Charizard, etc playable? ;)

Oh wait yeah.. Pikachu was the main Pokemon in the anime series.. Ash's pokemon.. and Jigglypuff was fan fav in Japan for its role in the Anime series. Mewtwo? HA.. again.. the first Pokemon movie.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
but blaziken is the most popular, has the most fighter potential, and would definitely fit. and he's not that old. now getting a g/s starter pokemon would be ridiculous. but overall, blaziken has alot more going for him than just a general starting pokemon, so my vote goes to him, but lucario would be nice too. im just sayin.
^^^^ Obviously, and infarape has no fanbase, I'm sorry, it's down in the dumbs with little, if any small glimmer of hope. Blaze idk anymore, and Lucario is all but confirmed. That's it, I"m changine my Brawl predictions, either change Dexoys with Blaze, or someone else, like Pico. Sakurai is confusing the life out of me, making me happy, happy, aww well, super happy, happier, and *BOOM HEADSHOT!*

This is the most pointless update yet. Seriously, the Banana peel is more impprtant than killing a character fanbase, and as REggie says "the smash community is stoked". YA right...:urg: Hopefully this isn't a sign Brawl will blow, and I'll stick to playing Melee and SSB64 only. Sakurai when selecting characters needs to look and consider fanbase, I'm not sure if he did with Goroh and Doexys. In fact, I'm completely positive.

If Ridley is a AT tomorrow or later this week, I will not post, because I'll be a spam machine.

Anyways, tomorrow we either get a AT, or Yoshi! YAE Yoshi! :)

@ Bluebomber22
It's the trust issue that hurts, not the character cut as much. But laughing at scrubs never gets old. That is a ancient Chineese Proverb, and if not it should be! YAE INSULTING SCRUBS! :)

Shuma

Smash Hero
If Ridley becomes an AT i will bomb Nintendo to Oblivion, and i'm dead ****ing serious.

Although i will just come and rant here.

It's Funny that Sakurai knew Deoxis was popular, yet he made him a Pokeball. :p
no kidding lol maybe he was thinking of using deoxys as a pc, but then changed his mind to make things more convenient. so i guess this makes things a bit better for blaziken/lucario.

well, i gotta hit the sack now. its like 3 o clock lol.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Ridley becomes an AT i will bomb Nintendo to Oblivion, and i'm dead ****ing serious.

Although i will just come and rant here.
LMFAO, I seriously will make a topic about how Miyamoto should run SSB instead of Sakurai if that happens, since Ridley has the most posts on any thread. In fact, I don't even want to say what i'll do if MM, Diddy, or WW Link are AT's. I'll be even more of a jerk than I already am! :laugh:

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
It starts. A popular Brawl choice gets the Pokeball status, and the pokenuts are up in arms. I can see this happening a lot more often as more ATs and Pokeballs are revealed. I don't want to know what'll happen if Ridley turns out to be an AT; the fallout will be of Atomic Bomb proportions.
And Blaziken will be a Pokeball character and will do a flying kick move like Hitmonlee did in the original Smash, you heard it here first.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ I actually doubt Blazekein, but he'd be cool. So, I'll change my character predictions, and re-add another F-zero character, Pico (Goroh's son).

If Ridley is a AT I will make a thread about SSB4, and how Miyamoto should make the game, without any inclusion of Sakurai when SSB4 is annoucned, expected, or anticated in the far off future. And you know I'll do it, too! :chuckle: :p ;)

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
im really glad that doexys is not playable, im really glad and i really hope neither blaziken nor lucario to be on it.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
im really glad that doexys is not playable, im really glad and i really hope neither blaziken nor lucario to be on it.
Well you'll lose on Lucario, I'm willing to bet on it. Lucario has a fanbase that is probably in the top 5 biggest fanbase, and has a massive fanbase world wide, especially in Japan. Good luck on that one, you're gonna lose that one.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Pico... Gorohs son? you're talking about Pico The Turtle?

Gorohs son is Dairo or some weird name like that.

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
Well you'll lose on Lucario, I'm willing to bet on it. Lucario has a fanbase that is probably in the top 5 biggest fanbase, and has a massive fanbase world wide, especially in Japan. Good luck on that one, you're gonna lose that one.
lol this is why im REALLY GLAD deoxys is not on the game
because of all this noobish facts people think and give to support their favorite character.

lucario popular? he only has been "popular" because of a principal paper on a movie,
oh but who else has come with principal papers on movies? lets think
mew, mewtwo, legendary birds and dogs, regis, lati@s nad some more
mmmm

ill give to you he will be a pokeball pokemon, but not playable

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
lol this is why im REALLY GLAD deoxys is not on the game
because of all this noobish facts people think and give to support their favorite character.

lucario popular? he only has been "popular" because of a principal paper on a movie,
oh but who else has come with principal papers on movies? lets think
mew, mewtwo, legendary birds and dogs, regis, lati@s nad some more
mmmm

ill give to you he will be a pokeball pokemon, but not playable
Noobish...sorry I don't do n00bish. I'll make you a bet, if Lucario is confirmed as a PC in Brawl, you have to have a sig of Lucario with the catchphrase: "Johnknight1 pwned me like the n00b I am!". If you win, I'll have watever sig you want (that won't get me banned), with that same phrase. So put your money where your mouth is, I dare you! ;)

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
like i said
noobish facts and noobish bets ill tell you what
if lucario is on the game
ill buy you smash brothers brawl and send it to your adress
if its not
you will buy ssbb and send it to me from california all the way to texas

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fine, I'll do it, but on one condition: WE have to wait til 3 days before Dec. 3rd. If Lucario is not confirmed by then, you win, but if he is confirmed ever, I win.

I'm not sure if you'll back it up, but I'm positive I'm right, positive. And if one of us accepts and backs out, they shall be shunned!

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
you are saying that we wait 3 DAYS BEFORE the release date, ok thats fine for me

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
You people need to stop expecting so much. Ridley would make a great character in my opinion, but if he doesnt make it, doesnt matter to me. I'd like to see Geno, but will it happen? probably not, and it doesnt matter to me. I don't think Sonic will fit as a fighter but will it happen? Probably. I think Earthbound is wonderful and desirves much more attention in Brawl, but will it? Who knows.

Point is, these are my opinions, but I'm not going insane over any of it, and I wont rip myself to pieces when what I DONT want ends up happening. I'll live, you will too.

And, just for kicks, Im guessing an AT or a final smash update tomorrow.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
C.Falcon? Wow, I foregot him, i'm been going on about Yoshi so much I just foregot him, sorry C.Falcon. He may be the update tomorrow, I HOPE SO.

GenG

Smash Lord
This update was a big letdown. Deoxys was one of the strongest candidates for a Pokémon newcomer, but at the same time, if nothing, reduces the gap of possibilities in the franchise so I bet we'll be having Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Lucario.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys really couldn't to be a playable character!
4 transformations? Sheik/Zelda has already bad!

GenG

Smash Lord
Deoxys doesn't need to transform as they were special moves, just transforming when doing different A moves would have been enough for a different feeling or flavor.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Deoxys doesn't need to transform as they were special moves, just transforming when doing different A moves would have been enough for a different feeling or flavor.
Don't you think that creating 4 different designs for just one playable character - and them, fixing and aligning all - is kinda hard?
And, worse, that transforming in a **** different form and then coming back in the period of a neutral A - and every other attack - is nowai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom