• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Smash Master
People still crying over Deoxys?
I think it's for the best he didn't make it, he doesn't seem like he was right for the part. I think it's a good thing also, it leaves room for more suitable Moke'pons*. Like Lucario. And Pika. And Jiggs. And mabye a better Mewtwo.

*Moke'pon=awsome. I'm saying that always now.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to wait for Peach's confirmation for a long time from now... waiting is torture. I don't need screenshots, I don't need a movie, I just want to know if she's in!

Del Money

Smash Champion
Keep posting, Del Money. I enjoy seeing my name.

Oh, Captain Falcon tommorow.
i completely forgot i still had that as my sig, ill remove it if its bothering you.

and i think yoshi will be announced before capt falcon. its just a matter of priority and yoshi already has far more supporting info

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
It's to cool not to say.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to today's update, thouhg I think it'll be...
Hmmm...mabye a Bacon attack? It's about time we had one, methinks.
I'm not going to admit that it could be a bacon update. It could be a character update tonight. I just have this feeling that it is. I need more cowbell. :p

Blackadder

Smash Master
I have a bad feeling I'm going to have to wait for Peach's confirmation for a long time from now... waiting is torture. I don't need screenshots, I don't need a movie, I just want to know if she's in!
I dunno...Sakurai seems willing to show us vets on a regular (Well, Sakurai regular) basis. If we have any Vets coming our way soon, odds on Peach is in his consideration.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
haha, i know what you mean.. but i'm not too worried.. I'm very confident that Peach will stay..

Moke'pon=Mocket Ponsters :confused: :laugh:

Blackadder

Smash Master
haha, i know what you mean.. but i'm not too worried.. I'm very confident that Peach will stay..

Moke'pon=Mocket Ponsters :confused: :laugh:
Yesh. Yesh they are Mocket Ponsters.
And they always should be.
ANYWAYS, A bacon attack seems likely today, Sakurai hasn't given us one in a while, and I think he must be eager to show us what Kirby's is.
But then, he also seems modest of his own creations.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Zamus update tomorrow FTW!

Seriously, that needs to happen. I doubt she's gonna be a secret character since she has appeared in screenshots for the updates (unlike Snake).

Moke'-pon sounds like a character from Sukapon's game.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I'm actually surprised that Zelda was confirmed before Peach. I'm almost certain that Peach is more popular than Zelda, though both women have both been around the same amount of time.

Peach was confirmed first in Melee, so I guess it's switched around this time.

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Yesh. Yesh they are Mocket Ponsters.
And they always should be.
ANYWAYS, A bacon attack seems likely today, Sakurai hasn't given us one in a while, and I think he must be eager to show us what Kirby's is.
But then, he also seems modest of his own creations.
Dude..when we wanted a music update badly, we didn't get one for like 3 weeks or something. Sakurai could do the same thing again.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm actually surprised that Zelda was confirmed before Peach. I'm almost certain that Peach is more popular than Zelda, though both women have both been around the same amount of time.

Peach was confirmed first in Melee, so I guess it's be switched around this time.
Zelda was chosen to be show, I think because she carried that "WTF why show her of all things, Sakurai is mentaly insane" factor.
I think she was a bit of a test, to see what reaction he could get out of a lesser-played character. The reaction was pretty wild, so I think he may slowly build up the characters, starting with the lesser played characters, to the "ZOMG my main!!!" characters..
But that's just me theory.

Del Money

Smash Champion
a SSS profile would be really nice. but i think itll be an item or (lol) links special moves

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I can almost guarantee you that Zero Suit Samus will be a secret character. Remember when we were told that Snake is going to be a secret character? We have had no Snake updates yet, and I think it's the same concept with Zero Suit Samus.

Also, Sakurai himself said, "under certain conditions will you be able to play as her", and those conditions my guess will be that you have to unlock her.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I can almost guarantee you that Zero Suit Samus will be a secret character. Remember when we were told that Snake is going to be a secret character? We have had no Snake updates yet, and I think it's the same concept with Zero Suit Samus.

Also, Sakurai himself said, "under certain conditions will you be able to play as her", and those conditions my guess will be that you have to unlock her.
They do have a point of her being seen in many snapshots though..
But then it's Sakurai. I think she may be secret, she looks to "unlockabl-ey" not to have her as so.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
You're right, my theory may be wrong. Why no Metaknight updates? He's in almost every screenshot. I can't see him being a secret character.

Del Money

Smash Champion
first of all, its sexy suit samus. and 2nd, pit got special moves so i think he wont be unlockable. i doubt wario will be unlockable either. we need to know samus' special moves to determine if samus transform into SSS, and if so hopefully its not using down+B (or maybe you have to hold down+B instead or press down+A+B at the same time, anythings possible)

of course this is all assuming the SSS wont be her own separate character

Blackadder

Smash Master
Did anyone else have SWF crash on them for 20 minutes too?

@The peach guy/girl/thingy (I forget your name, really sorry)
I coulden't tell if your comment was sarcastic before, but I actually always thought Meta Knight may be secret too...
I actually thought only Wario and Pit would be starters.

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
Did anyone else have SWF crash on them for 20 minutes too?

@The peach guy/girl/thingy (I forget your name, really sorry)
I coulden't tell if your comment was sarcastic before, but I actually always thought Meta Knight may be secret too...
I actually thought only Wario and Pit would be starters.
it was thirty minutes for me lol
anyways, on topic: imo i think they'll all be starters except for snake, but that's just me. but anyways, we have about 7 and a half hours left, whats the speculation for today?

Del Money

Smash Champion
if im not mistaken, melee trailers never showed unlockable characters. so i doubt metaknight or SSS will be unlockable. snake is a bit confusing cuz hes 3rd party

if im not mistaken, melee trailers never showed unlockable characters. so i doubt metaknight or SSS will be unlockable. snake is a bit confusing cuz hes 3rd party
ya snake kind of throws us for a loop. but, i wouldnt expect a profile on him, because i do believe he'll be secret. and i dont think we'll get any profiles on zamus or metaknight either anytime soon, or we would've already. i think we'll definitely get yoshi or captain falcon tonight or tomorrow, and whichever one we dont get, we'll get next week. course i could be wrong, he may hesitate on giving us info on falcon and yoshi since theyre already shoe-ins. so he could use the updates for something we're not sure of, like marth or ganondorf. lugi would be nice too. i imagine he'll look sweet in this game.

Del Money

Smash Champion
....and i dont think we'll get any profiles on zamus or metaknight either anytime soon, or we would've already....
um im not quite sure about that because then you could argue we shouldve gotten yoshi and falcon already since yoshi's music/stages and samurai goroh have been announced

Blackadder

Smash Master
off-topic: 25 posts til im a smash apprentice yay!

on-topic: i think we might actually get peach sooner than people expect. i think it will go

1. falcon
2. yoshi
3. ganon
4. luigi
5. marth
6. ness
7. jigglypuff
8. mewtwo.
9. falco

thats considering we get all of those characters lol but thats how i think itll go.
Ganon, Luigi, Marth, Mewtwo?
I think they'll be secret, so Sakurai may not unveil them to the very end, or even ever. I think most unlockables will be up to us to discover. Except for hype worthy secrets, he'll show them.
But that's just my thoughts.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
off topic: i know this is a noob question but....what is the story behind grimer? Why do some people have his icon and why is he so popular on these boards?

on topic: tomorrow = character: ness

Blackadder

Smash Master
off topic: i know this is a noob question but....what is the story behind grimer? Why do some people have his icon and why is he so popular on these boards?

on topic: tomorrow = character: ness
Grimer is for the BRoomers...I think.
Ask "THE peach guy". But I'm sure it's for BRoomers.
Which is like, a little sect and higher level against us mere mortal posters.

And Ness? I think you mean LUCAS! I hate Ness, But I think in Brawl we'll get both Ness and Lucas.

Ganon, Luigi, Marth, Mewtwo?
I think they'll be secret, so Sakurai may not unveil them to the very end, or even ever. I think most unlockables will be up to us to discover. Except for hype worthy secrets, he'll show them.
But that's just my thoughts.
i know i wasnt saying they were all coming soon, i was just putting them in order for when i think he'll show them. and sakurai said himself that if luigi and jiggs made the cut, that he wouldn't make them secret, cuz after two games, its not really a surprise. ganon, idk i dont think he should be a secret this time around, itd be better if we had him at start, but marth and mewtwo being secrets? most likely.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
lol ness and lucas might as well be the same person.. although i would rather fight with poo

i wonder what earthbound remixes we'll hear

~rh

Smash Lord
Grimer is for the BRoomers...I think.
Ask "THE peach guy". But I'm sure it's for BRoomers.
Which is like, a little sect and higher level against us mere mortal posters.

And Ness? I think you mean LUCAS! I hate Ness, But I think in Brawl we'll get both Ness and Lucas.
LUCAS FTW!

Anyone going to Otakon this friday/saturday? I want to get some matches in with some of you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom