• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
SO I'm gonna try my first stay-up-late-for-Brawl-news-which-may-suck-since-Sakurai-is-unpredicitple night.

Wish em luck :o

As for a Prediction a Pokemon seems obvious since we hab'nt got one in a month but I'll hold it like a grain of salt.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
SO I'm gonna try my first stay-up-late-for-Brawl-news-which-may-suck-since-Sakurai-is-unpredicitple night.

Wish em luck :o

As for a Prediction a Pokemon seems obvious since we hab'nt got one in a month but I'll hold it like a grain of salt.
WE got a fairly good info last night, so tonite we'll either get about or above average info, or super awsome info. I am guessing we'll get a new character, confirmed newcomer, or new confirmed veteran Wed., but with Sakurai you never can know. He's probably the most unpredictable person in the world, not gonna lie!

Also, I edited my friggen post, and there are like 5 responses in like 1 minutes. Geez, this is like waiting on the last day of the site revamp or something, lol! :laugh:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
how can i leave this thread for 5 minutes and already have another page on it? and some of it shouldn't be in here, it's just spamming. the rest is repeated information!

speculate all you want, many will be dissapointed. i'm talking about the sonic update. won't happen for a long, long, long, long time

Snakz

Smash Ace
Yea i never bothered staying up until 3 am, i usually crap out 30 mins away, seeing as how all this speculation about tonight's update is rather interesting, ill stay up for the update

Blackadder

Smash Master
how can i leave this thread for 5 minutes and already have another page on it? and some of it shouldn't be in here, it's just spamming. the rest is repeated information!

speculate all you want, many will be dissapointed. i'm talking about the sonic update. won't happen for a long, long, long, long time
^^^
Word.
Wise words people.
I'd listen to him, keep your hopes low.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
It's seems really unlikely Sonic will show up any time soon. Just like it was with Melee, I think secret characters will be updated on the list after the game has launched. It would be awesome for the fans, but don't get your hopes up. Actually, since he issn't even confirmed yet try to think it away. If he tends to not-be there, you won't be that dissapointed.

Nintendo can win the e3 by showing other characters too; but I believe Nintendo already won e3.

And one more thing, Nintendo is showing Mario & Sonic At the Olympic Games too, so wouldn't that make the chance Sonic is in Brawl shorten?

Just speculation.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

We call it E3, where anything can happened, and where Brawl was first publically announced 14 or so months ago. It's less than a week away, are you ready=??? ;) O, and this thread is going fast...it almost has 8,000 posts...whoa! That is amazing, not gonna lie!

Snakz

Smash Ace
I just think it is beacuse more people is staying up than befor.
Well, yea, but even though im not taking this sonic speculation seriously, I can't help but be curious as to see what the last update before E3 will be.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
We call it E3, where anything can happened, and where Brawl was first publically announced 14 or so months ago. It's less than a week away, are you ready=??? ;) O, and this thread is going fast...it almost has 8,000 posts...whoa! That is amazing, not gonna lie!
i know E3 is coming up, but that doesn't belong in this thread.

besides, most of the posts was just spamming, everyone yelling the sonic update will be next. the rest is just people saying the same thing over and over.

honestly, this thread has become a spamfest. i'll still post in here for information on "What's going on with Smashbros." and hopefully others will do the same, but if any mods read this, i think it should be unstuck and closed down if this doesn't happen

Blackadder

Smash Master
Whats with that?
This thread should be a wasteland.
It should be like, 6 people on here.
Curse you E3 week!

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think today is a good time for me to stay up late since we passed a Averagely boring update.

But lets hope it's atleast something INTERESTING :[

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
NO!!! DON'T! DON'T PREDICT ANYONE!!! NO ONE ELSE! IF WE ALL HOPE FOR SONIC, OUR WISHES WILL COME TRUE!!!!!!!

edit : sorry for caps, don't point me for it please...

I'm betting that if it's anything character related it will have to with Metaknight. Also,if they do reveal Sonic tonight I will personally give you 1,000 dollars? Cash or check? *cough*Imlieing*cough*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

besides, most of the posts was just spamming, everyone yelling the sonic update will be next. the rest is just people saying the same thing over and over.

honestly, this thread has become a spamfest. i'll still post in here for information on "What's going on with Smashbros." and hopefully others will do the same, but if any mods read this, i think it should be unstuck and closed down if this doesn't happen
Well the very likely trailer would go on Smashbros.com, so it technically could fit under this thread! ;)

And this thread has been a spamfest forever, with some good users speculating intelligently and dilligently. If it's closed it will go elsewhere, and the mods know it. It is more of a containing thread, and getting rid of it would be worse=more spam=angry mods=everyone losses. And I doubt there will be a Sonic update other than in a trailer, and no one should expect a Sonic update until he's confirmed.

Also a word to the wise, Don't Expect Anything, and be Amazed. It's helped me, it made me scream "O YA" So loud I woke up my cousin after seeing Bowser, and then the next morning with Giga Bowser. So keep your expectations low everybody, and be amazed! ;)

Sariku

Smash Master

You directed that to me...

And I thought we were friends...

Blackadder

Smash Master

It's E3 week, and any thread like this was bound to become doomed.
Shutting it down won't help, coz then a million more will pop up.
I say just go with it.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
I'm betting that if it's anything character related it will have to with Metaknight. Also,if they do reveal Sonic tonight I will personally give you 1,000 dollars? Cash or check? *cough*Imlieing*cough*
lol becarefull with that 1000 dollars,also metanight info would be good has anything even be realesed on him be sides his hee ya ya ya ya ya ya stuff?

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I say let this thread run.Technically we are talking about updates on the site,so it's not a big deal.Correction:It SHOULDN'T be a big deal.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Anyways, ON topic.
The update could be a dissapointment, you never know.

What if Sakurai is playing fiddle with all of us?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, we DO talk about updates,just with some mindless spam thrown in.
^^^^ Agreed, 100%, plus some intellingent and retarted speculation added in, and you pretty much get this thread! :chuckle: Seriously, this thread is going at the rate of 1.2 posts per minute or so. If a new character is announced, I would hate to be a mod on this thread...

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Ya,this thread is insane when updates are announced.I don't even try,because it's usually about 5 posts per second.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
If i'm going to bet anything is that Sakurai will update the Notice section this month I CAN GUARANTEE THAT.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Sonic would not be an awkward fighter, and I think he will be among one of the best, his speed and relative strength are amoung the best!
Am I the only person who truthfully believes that Sonic will not be in Brawl?? Sure, from a fan's viewpoint it's a no-brainer. But do you honestly think Nintendo (and Sakurai, personally) are willing to go through all the red tape in order to secure Sonic?

This isn't like Snake. No, not at all. Snake's creator personally requested to have Snake be put in. In fact, he wanted him for Melee. If Snake was never announced, he wouldn't be expected, and thus fans can literally take him or leave him. What I'm saying is he wouldn't hurt sales if he didn't show up in Brawl.

Sonic, however, could hurt sales if he didn't make an appearance in Brawl, and that gives Sega some control that Nintendo and the Brawl team certainly wouldn't want them to have. Do you realize how much money Sega could ask for if they let them use Sonic? Also, think about it from a pure gaming standpoint. How many people have already said they wanted to main Sonic? How many people are already planning out his moveset, and deciding his Final Smash? Sonic is ALREADY more popular than Mario in Brawl!! Do you really think Sakurai would want to give a Sega character so much love?

See, that's more than likely the reason why he showed Snake from the getgo. He's old news, now. Everyone knows he's going to be in. The initial shock has passed. If Sonic ends up in this game, it's going to take away so much publicity from other aspects of the game. Something like that, I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't want to do.

Consider all of that. And seriously, don't expect Sonic. If he makes it, that's awesome. But just don't expect him to be there.

~Dac

Blackadder

Smash Master
Off topic for a sec, look. The thread already cooled down.
See? No need to SHUT it down.

Secondly, Sonic is a likely addition. And they may just go all out to get him, becasue then the game will sell far better.
Thats what I think.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Is it me or did Sakurai take some words out in Pikachus final smash?
remember when it says if it cancels in midair?
Yeah well I don't see the word Midair anymore in there and is replaced with ends in midair.

odd.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Is it me or did Sakurai take some words out in Pikachus final smash?
remember when it says if it cancels in midair?
Yeah well I don't see the word Midair anymore in there and is replaced with ends in midair.

odd.
He probably read the thread I had about my Final Smash cancelling theory.;)

Blackadder

Smash Master
"But if it ends in mid-air, something terrible will happen"
Key word, IF.
It's nothing to ponder over, just let it slide (;

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Off topic for a sec, look. The thread already cooled down.
See? No need to SHUT it down.

Secondly, Sonic is a likely addition. And they may just go all out to get him, becasue then the game will sell far better.
Thats what I think.

It's going to to sell a bajillion copies no matter whose in it.(including Leisure Suit Larry!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom