• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Smash Champion
When/if they announce that Brawl is playable over wifi, we all need to swap friend codes and see if maybe there will be a wifi friend tournament mode or something.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Not really. In case you missed it, Sakurai said he won't be making any SSBs after Brawl. With that being said the developers plan to use Sakurai's work as a mould and only give us Brawl 1.5 or Brawl 2.0 instead of going to the lengths Sakurai is going to. Also note that process is much shorter than Sakurai's process. I heard somewhere that if Sakurai didn't work on Brawl that it would be out by now.
It probably would've been a Wii release title. However, it probably also would have been a Melee port with online play. I think I heard Sakurai say that's why he stepped up to direct, he didn't want to see it go out like that.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Not really. In case you missed it, Sakurai said he won't be making any SSBs after Brawl. With that being said the developers plan to use Sakurai's work as a mould and only give us Brawl 1.5 or Brawl 2.0 instead of going to the lengths Sakurai is going to. Also note that process is much shorter than Sakurai's process. I heard somewhere that if Sakurai didn't work on Brawl that it would be out by now.
I meant the begining of a whole lotta fun! Get it? xD

I wouldn't want the developers to make an SSB..just doesn't seem right...

When Brawl comes out I will still play Melee, it's a legendary game...The Legacy of Sakurai will be passed on.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
yes, so hopefully sakurai gives nintendo more rights in smash so we can see the series lead on with more characters in the future
Well, after Brawl, Smash will have an entire studio devoted to it, and after working with Sakurai himself on Brawl, I'm sure any following sequels will be right on track with what he would want.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If it's one thing I've always thought is that if Sakurai is making this his last SSB then he should take as long as he wants so he can include most of his ideas, because the issue is not space, it's time.

I'll still play melee, much like I still play SSB64, periodcally. I'm not that great in melee, I have no chance of getting good due to poor conditions [poor game rules I should say] I have to train under so it'll be easier to let go of melee.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Well, after Brawl, Smash will have an entire studio devoted to it, and after working with Sakurai himself on Brawl, I'm sure any following sequels will be right on track with what he would want.
hopefully. i mean sakurai was still part of Hal. when smash came out. i guess when he left he never had a chance to give the rights to nintendo.

but i really want smash to continue, whether by sakurai's hand or not, as long as we get something new each time, not "Melee 2.0"

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I've been noticing that around 6 this thread gets abandoned by the people who were just talking about the update and then the Dawn Patrol comes in. But if we don't do it,who will?

I think it'll be a stage,item or music today(of course,I don't know it might be still something lame. Sakurai is about as unpredictable as a Bigfoot sighting.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Today is a very sad day for me.A forum I had been on for 4 years (almost 5) had it's server crash and we are all in a chat with almost every member for one last hurray.So many good friends and so many good times.I can't believe this is it. :cry:x1000000

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Today is a very sad day for me.A forum I had been on for 4 years (almost 5) had it's server crash and we are all in a chat with almost every member for one last hurray.So many good friends and so many good times.I can't believe this is it. :cry:x1000000

Wait, the site is closing?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I feel for you Blood...I really do..
What Forum was this?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I've been on the scene for a little bit now, but I'm on the clock since 20 minutes ago.

I'm totally feeling tonight as a stage and monday as music. Just from piecing various theories together.

I'm trying to get my new sig up and running in the meantime. It doesn't look as great as it did last night, so I'll be meddling with it for the next 3 hours.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I've been on the scene for a little bit now, but I'm on the clock since 20 minutes ago.

I'm totally feeling tonight as a stage and monday as music. Just from piecing various theories together.

I'm trying to get my new sig up and running in the meantime. It doesn't look as great as it did last night, so I'll be meddling with it for the next 3 hours.
I can't wait to see it :chuckle:

Did that work?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Shadic here, although like Devastilian, I won't be saying much.

For some reason...I believe we're getting our first Notice tonight. I dunno why...I'm guessing this may have to do with it being the friday before E3 week. I can be very wrong though.

And I feel for you Blood. I know how it's like.

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Chib.

If you wan't your Sig to work,

See the on both ends of the URL?
Get rid of the space, so it looks [IMG]Http and at the other end have it as png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i9.tinypic.com/4opv5oy.png
Ta da!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I feel for you Blood...I really do..
What Forum was this?
Fridaythe13thforum.com

It wasn't just horror movies.You could talk about anything and everything.The mods were friendly and engaging,the people were always great to debate and laugh with.And I made some really close friends over the years.That was truly a second family,and it's all going to be gone after tonight...:cry:

This forum will be my new home,and I'm sure we'll all have many a good times.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*Chib again.

The last part needs to be [/IMG] Put the slash in.

@CHIB AGAIN!!
You also need to have no space between the G].
G] not G ]

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
YES!!!!!!!!! Finally working! Many thank yous to Blackadder and Got Blood? for helping me figure this out,and cless-mint, of course for making this work of art!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Well, now that everything is chic and happy XD
lets get specualting! :D
Heck Yeah! We might as well get started since after today we won't have an update for two whole days. I think it'll either an item(one from an actual game), a stage, or music. But it must be something again,who knows? Like I said earlier,Sakurai is as unpredictable as a bigfoot sighting!

Salaad

Smash Ace
LOL! I'm here but doing hw cause I get 1 weeks worth of homework a day! Dam it all

MEgaHOmeWOrkFTL again..I'll be back in a while...=D

I also enjoy forums, I used to be a member of the WePlayHere forums until the mods became idiots and sold it to Atari.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
I'm excited to get my new sig.Sometime soon hopefully...:)

Anyone else have any heartwrenching forum stories btw? :p :(

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Guess who's here?

I'm back, lolz. I just got back from a jam session at a friends house. We started writing a rockin'....uh...rock song. lolz

Anyway, sig making will be commenced as soon as I get my newly "aquired" photoshop cs2 "working" lolz.

I'm making tak's first, then Got Blood?'s. Who's left?

Tonight will be music.

@femmetriforce It should be 1:00 for you

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Updated sig should be updated, though it might not refresh quickly... I might work on a work-around for that fast. I also might make it skinnier...

Definitely sticking with my prediction of stage tonight, music monday. I just gotta good feeling about it.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Fridaythe13thforum.com

It wasn't just horror movies.You could talk about anything and everything.The mods were friendly and engaging,the people were always great to debate and laugh with.And I made some really close friends over the years.That was truly a second family,and it's all going to be gone after tonight...:cry:

This forum will be my new home,and I'm sure we'll all have many a good times.
I was once on a great smash related forum once,but the head mod went berserk and kicked everyone out. The guys from that forum made a new one,but it fell under within a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom