• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zombies can still hear prey- guns, while effictive at mowing down large mobs, are only going to draw more zombies to you. Silencer ftw, but a decent compound Bow with some training behind it could be the best bet. a handy pistol could be nice, but it shouldnt be your only type of weapon, or primary weapon. If you are trained with a hand-held weapon that could prove useful as a primary weapon as well, but you must be extra cautious in this case, as a bite is much more likely in close combat.

EDIT- ammunition. Guns have a very limited ammo, but for a bow you can generally reuse arrows, and make your own if need be. Much easier than making bullets, anyway.

Driving is going to be worthless, more Zombies will be in the larger cities because of the large amount of prey. cars will be piled up from crashes and people panicking, so it would be hard to drive through a city. Cars make noise- A LOT of noise. and they require gasoline- which wont be in large supply once Zombies are running rampant. Sure a diesel engine could be nice if your living in a low population area (Montana or Wisconsin, or northern Canada lol)- but noise is always a factor. Bikes are almost always a better bet than cars, as they are silent and run on man power. Plus, most cars that are "offroad" would epic fail in a real offroading situation. a bicycle is almost always better than a car when zombies attack.

Obviously cars are amazing in certain situations, such as clearing out certain areas, scouting, and of course for hunting. But, if you live in a city, have a bicycle ready.
Silencer's, why quieter than guns, aren't silent

Neither are bows.

I don't think you are going to want to retrieve your arrows after they strike the zombie's

You can also carry more bullets than arrows, bullets are a lot smaller

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Bows are MUCH more silent than guns. It's a lot more difficult to track the bow user going by just the noise. Bows will be better for killing small bands of zombies, and they can be made to have certain effects by changing the arrow head. They can deal more damage than bullets with the right arrowhead. You will wish you had a bow when you run out of bullets. Accuracy is also a problem with guns. Unless you have a scope, you will have a hard time hitting zombies in the head from afar.

Guns are probably safer and quicker, but it's good to have a bow so you don't need to waste bullets on small groups zombies you spot from afar when you run around searching for survivors and supplies.

You might also want a good weapon to cut zombies with if want to save even more bullets for emergency situations. Axes, machetes, and swords are pretty good. If you have a bat, you can bash their heads in to destroy their brains too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, you aren't exactly going to be using bows up close, it requires strength to pull it back which takes time, than time to fire and reload.

Personally, I think a pistol would be more efficient for closer ranges and a rifle for further

Well yeah, a bow though is quite quieter than a gun...

I'm jut not exceptionally sure it would be that efficient though

MBreeto

Smash Ace
If anything, a bow is a one time deal weapon, or, something you can use for target practice, like being on a roof and just picking zombies off when they are at no threat to you. Like PsychoIncarnate said, it takes too much time to use the bow efficiently for self defense, thats why bows are used to hunt or kill from a distance.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Well, you aren't exactly going to be using bows up close, it requires strength to pull it back which takes time, than time to fire and reload.

Personally, I think a pistol would be more efficient for closer ranges and a rifle for further

Well yeah, a bow though is quite quieter than a gun...

I'm jut not exceptionally sure it would be that efficient though
Like I said, noise is more a factor than anything else. If you fire a gun, it is likely that more Zombies will hear the gun and come to your location, looking for food. However, a bow is near silent, and can be used very efficiently if you are trained in bow use.

As for close quarters combat, I suggest a sword, machete, or the ideal, a shaolin spade.

obviously any weapon will be inefficient if you don't know how to use it. and dont forget, as you will probabally be on the run, any item that is too heavy or only serves 1 purpose is probabally not worth the weight.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Wow, a BOW? Even WITH the right arrowhead, it won't kill zombies. Sure, it's useful for limited reasons, but if you want the job done, shotgun and two pistols does it. Plus, it's not customizable.

You can't put a scope or ammo capacitor on a bow, can you? You'd need natural skill, and in a rushed time like this, that's not affordable.

And I'm surprised some people took my steamroller suggestion seriously. Although it IS a nice Last Stand weapon...

Furthermore, for an escape vehicle, I'd find some sort of launching device (Think catapult or cannon) and pack a parachute with me. If I manage to get overrun, I'd make a rush for the launcher, bringing my supplies with me.

It'd be aiming for the Mexican border, so I could hopefully find more help there.

Oh, also:

I'd bring a manmade weapon: effectively, one part hammer, one part crowbar. It'd be a one-handed hammer with a crowbar attached to the flat part, so I could effectively bludgeon and pry open any locked doors or zombies.

If you need a melee weapon, think logically- choose the crowbar.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah, a bow would be very ineffective. It may sound unrealistic, but if by any chance you DO get a sniper rifle, its the best weapon there is. Long range, powerful enough to kill a zombie even if it isn't a headshot exactly, and perfect for scouting.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
In close range or medium range combat, any gun would be fine. Contrary to what Resident Evil might tell us, a good shot from any gun would take down a zombie, just like it would take down a human. So would a bow, but there are the other problems with a bow that Skrah and smashbot pointed out.

windspirit

Smash Rookie
I'd attempt to slay them. Decapitation would probably be the best method. Or a headshot (with a bazooka or something). Or a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. ANything could potentially work.

If I couldn't kill them, I'd probably kill myself. Better that than to get my brain eaten while I'm still alive. Yeah.

Peace.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Step One: Craft a 12 gauge trench gun with bayonet, adjustable scope, foregrip, sound suppressor, bipod with all terrain clamp, full adjustable strap, camouflage ammo pouches, 30mm laser/optical NV scope with flashlight attachment, fully operational gas valve, extended magazine, airfoil rounds, and leather holster.

Step Two: Bring batteries of all sorts, rechargeable, car, AA, AAA, D, C, 9 volt, etc. Other previsions include MRE's, charms candy, water, candles, matches, propane, other various household items that could be used for shelter or defensive needs.

Step Three: Bring some passtimes, like a DS, because you can charge that with all those batteries stated above, and it'll stop you from going insane.

Step Four: Link up with people, broadcast on radio frequencies, and stick together.

Step Five: Create a daily routine of eating, drinking, sleeping, moving, and hiding, this way you can focus on what to do next and you know when it is safe to do what.

Step Six: Always reload before going into battle.

Step Seven: Get transportation, keep it safe at all costs, get a big vehicle like a dodge caravan, so you can fill the back with gas

Step Eight: Up to you, by now you are probably one of the only humans left, so... yeah...

EDIT: I forgot step nine: take a minute to admire that gun you made in step one.
(Don't forget to pick up a tiny generator)

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I'd attempt to slay them. Decapitation would probably be the best method. Or a headshot (with a bazooka or something). Or a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick. ANything could potentially work.

If I couldn't kill them, I'd probably kill myself. Better that than to get my brain eaten while I'm still alive. Yeah.

Peace.
Decapitation is the best method. As for carrying around a bozooka, that's something you'd use if you had no other options, or, if they broke in through your only line of defense. You're gonna want to take out as many of them as you can per shell instead of using it on just one.

slave1

Smash Lord
OK so a zombie break out occurs. my plan. it actually would be preferred if i was up in Salt Lake City but since i am in a small town in southern Utah i don't have the luxury like i would back at my house. such as no guns.

so on Friday the 13th March 2009 the first zombie appears into the mainstream. whispers had been spreading though out the internet and in between governments. whether they had hit my town i do not know. due to the lack of of size and population, i am left in a situation with little threat at the beginning. My parents in salt lake have began packing and getting ready to leave. since they have the weapons they are going to leave the large populations and head south towards me.

i realize i need to be able to survive until they arrive, i head out to a walmart. people are beginning to come to these stores looking for guns. i happen to hear about the zombie up rising before most cause i happen to be on the internet more than most. since the situation has become more prominent, they are beginning to hand out weapons to the community. police are supervising this so those with small arms certificates and those who have gone through hunters safety and seem to have a head about them are given weapons. since i have recieved a hunters safety i have been issued a gun. i prefer the shot gun so i take one.

spending some of my money i buy products that i can eat over a period of time. like serial and non perishable items. i grab my friends, about three or so. enough to fit in my car. i begin heading for arizona. i fill up on gas before i leave. i have aslo grabbed some warm clothing from my room. a cell phone i a must have. few personal items are brought. they just occupy space. when i leave room. i lock door. so it is more difficult for people to plunder my room.

so we are on the road. i travel to the top of an overpass and wait for parents. this will take 5 hours. so we occupy ourselves. parents arrive. we continue to arizona. there is a delma. we need to find a river that we actually can hold out at. so plans are made and we head for my cousins house. they live next to a river. so that is where we go. there are some people there with heavy machinery so we have heavy power for help so we can begin building a shelter. there are large cotton wood trees all across the area so we begin building in these.

by this time we have ran into a few zombies. since there is still a large population of unturned people (its the desert everyone has a gun so there is protection) we create this shelter in the matter of weeks. life goes on like normal. more and more zombies are beginning to appear. the City of Phoenix has turned into a walking dead city due to the large populations. these zombies are beginning to filter out into the country side. at this time there have been multiple structures built up in the trees. since this river does flood, we had to build the structures a little higher than we would want to. takes longer to get to complete safety. we have created long poles to jab down onto large portions of zombies that might congregate around the base.

from the beginning we have been gathering food in case of long hold sieges. electricity is hard to get, and most power plants around the country are beginning to shut down, due to the fact that the people are dying off. so we have to suffer through quite a bit of heat. we often go down to the river to cool off. but there must be at least three people on guard at all times. we have taken the large abundance of barbed wire and set up barriers all around us. with our back hoe we have dug long trenches around our shelter. so our defenses are doing good. gas has been stock piled from the local chevron. and the other stations.

hold out till army begins sending support.

c3gill

Smash Ace
^^^ Sounds almost decent- BUT THE ARMY IS THE ZOMBIES!!!!!! oh noes!!!

Top 10 Lessons for surviving a Zombie attack:

1) Organize before they rise!
2) They feel no fear, why should you?
3) Use your head: cut off theirs.
4) Blades don't need reloading.
5) Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6) Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7) Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8) Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9) No place is safe, only safer.
10) The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Wow, imagine that somehow you survive a zombie outbreak, and most of the people that got infected didn't suffer the effects, and you go on and live normal life, BUT in reality the virus just underwent a dormant state, and then suddenly awakens once again, but with no notice. Just bam, and there are zombies everywhere.

slave1

Smash Lord
Wow, imagine that somehow you survive a zombie outbreak, and most of the people that got infected didn't suffer the effects, and you go on and live normal life, BUT in reality the virus just underwent a dormant state, and then suddenly awakens once again, but with no notice. Just bam, and there are zombies everywhere.
that would suck large monkey balls

MBreeto

Smash Ace
That's kinda like what happened in 28 weeks later. Some kids went back into the quarantine zone and brought back an infected and all hell broke loose.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Any one have a Bug out bag? I have paranoia thanks to this thread...and I need to make one.
I need to know what kind of things I need in it. Also if any one needs a cheap yet reliable Katana..

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/cheap-samurai-swords-for-sale.html

Its around 60 bucks, the price of a Wii game. And from the review cuts mats very nice, as mats have the same density as bone.

Ohh and this baby right here
http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/gross-messer.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfes9jAmNNI

Its so sharp that it can cut through Phone books with one blow. Imagine Zombie's!

POKE40

Smash Lord
Go to Soviet Russia...

In Soviet Russia, zombies don't kill you. You kill them!
If you are unable to go to Soviet Russia you will have to choose some of the following

option 1: join the zombie side
option 2: fight

option 3: diplomatic reasoning

option 4: don't care at all.

for me I'd go to soviet russia :)

Darkslash

Smash Master
Go to Soviet Russia...

In Soviet Russia, zombies don't kill you. You kill them!
If you are unable to go to Soviet Russia you will have to choose some of the following

option 1: join the zombie side
option 2: fight

option 3: diplomatic reasoning

option 4: don't care at all.

for me I'd go to soviet russia :)
Surprisingly Russia guns are more suited to blowing up the human body than NATO countries, who's weapons are used for Human shock.

Snare

Smash Lord
Zombie Survival Recipe

1 best friend
1 hot chick
1 sacrificial lamb (zombies prefer mostly people that we would be racists to and/or old people)
1 black guy (may be mixed together with the best friend if wanted)
1 zombie survival vehicle
1 hideout (preferably somewhere easy to blow up, fortify, and run from. Ex. mountains, malls, secret laboratories, etc.)
1 roll of ducktape (what can't ducktape do?)

Key things to remember

The black guy is better at shooting than you, give him the guns
Shoot whoever utters the words "split up" unless it is sexual inuendo
Always remember the order everyone needs to die in. Sacrificial lamb, hot chick, black guy, best friend, ducktape, you

Also don't worry, after the zombies attack everything becomes an explosive for you to use as a weapon. Just watch where you light a match

slave1

Smash Lord
Zombie Survival Recipe

1 zombie survival vehicle
1 hideout (preferably somewhere easy to blow up, fortify, and run from. Ex. mountains, malls, secret laboratories, etc.)
1 roll of ducktape (what can't ducktape do?)

Key things to remember

Always remember the order everyone needs to die in. Sacrificial lamb, hot chick, black guy, best friend, ducktape, you

Also don't worry, after the zombies attack everything becomes an explosive for you to use as a weapon. Just watch where you light a match

what is a zombie survival vehicle?

how come only one hide out.

i would rather go with a resourceful chick than a hot one

Darkslash

Smash Master
What kind of bladed weapon would you have?

Me a that 60$ katana and try to find a better weapon. Or that Gross Messer. **** imagine rotting flesh and bone being cut by that thing.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Definitely any kind of long sword. But for very close range (ie, the zombies are literally right next to you and/or grabbing you) a big knife would be invaluable too.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Here's what I'd do:

swallow a bottle of whisky and pull out the grenades and AK-47's.
So you swallowed the bottle? And didn't drink the whisky? Lol jk

But I'd use your whiskey as a molativ cocktail, and blow the hell out of them. Instead of using it to get drunk, because your judgement would be off and you'd get killed like 1000x faster. So there's no point unless your in a safezone. And getting drunk with a gun and grenades around. Not smart, not at all. That's an easy way to accidentally blow your *** to where your face used to be.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I would use love. :)

...Okay not really.

As an adult I hope to acquire at least a sword or two, and maybe a dagger. I love weapons.

In addition to the obvious guns.

And that's just the weapons part...

slave1

Smash Lord
i just have to say this but gold shadow your avitar looks like a jalapeno wearing a simbraro.

and swords. i would use one of those samari sword things (dont know the name) but they are shorter than a normal samari sword better for close up and small areas

Darkslash

Smash Master
and swords. i would use one of those samari sword things (dont know the name) but they are shorter than a normal samari sword better for close up and small areas
Katana and Wakizashi. But the Wakizashi is 30cm(12 inches) to 60cm(24inches). According to Wikipedia, its a decapitation tool. Go figure.

Top Bottom