• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

slave1

Smash Lord
Deadliness: 8/10
Assume that a snakebite is 9 to 10. It will be painful and dangerous if zombies manage to wound you and get germs into your wound.

Toughness: 8-10/10 (depends on toughness of the host's body)
They are very durable and cannot be easily stopped, even if you shoot them in the head or slice them up. The average living human will be about a 5 or 6 here. Also, their limbs will still try to attack you after they have been severed. This adds to their toughness.
i would make deadliness 10/10 it is a for sure. death is immanent if infected. you can live through snake bites. and snake bites don't turn you into a flesh eating monster.

if arms still moved when severed than i would assume the body would still move if head is removed. so i don't think that works. this is not Pirates of the Caribbean. once limbs are off they loose all contact with brain in any way shape or form so no movement. and the arm has no senses so i would imagine it has no real way of finding anything.

and dark slashs vid is a good start for all you noobs when it comes to zombies

~rh

Smash Lord
For me its probably going to be a Legend of Zelda thing. Upgrading my swords...but then again I don't think one may ever happen, I don't like to think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EbeqPynF2s
Pretty much if your in full body light leather, you might be safe. A scary thought is that the black Plague was really a Zombie Outbreak..

CALL IN THE KNIGHTS OF OLD!
you will need a lot of heart pieces...

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
The arms still attack you because I want them to do that. So they keep moving dammit lol

And I guess you're right. 10 for deadliness. I was only thinking about how much a zombie infection would hurt before you turned into one.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Mbreeto, nice counter to "Wish I was Boss of anything". I do believe in God, but I also don't see Zombies as being impossible. Many scientists are already planning ways to recive deceased humans, and it's only a matter of time until House of the Dead becomes a reality. The wisest thing to do is to make a base that lets you hold massive amounts of people within it, and has the resources to suppy food and water to those people. Sustaining life after the outbreak is quite important. Keeping enough armorments to defend yourself against them is also quite important. Weapons that don't rely on generated power or too much ammunition will also be a huge asset. I think the gun I refered to was one that would launch any object put inside of it within a pressurized voume of air, one properly powered by hand. It would be quite useful in surviving Zombies.

chuckyj100

Smash Apprentice
Neither does God, so why pretend to boss an imaginary entity around? Seriously though, because it's fun.
people are going to bite your a** of for saying that and im going to be first, but this topic is way to funny to get locked because of racist and religulous comments like this so drop it here

MBreeto

Smash Ace
^ yea sorry, I'm not trying to offend anyone who believes in god, just him, for trying to offend us. Personally, I'm an atheist, but I don't look down on other religions. Besides, its an opinion and I'm aware of the fact that you can neither prove, nor disprove God, so I don't see why I should get any hate for not believing in God.

chuckyj100

Smash Apprentice
^ yea sorry, I'm not trying to offend anyone who believes in god, just him, for trying to offend us. Personally, I'm an atheist, but I don't look down on other religions. Besides, its an opinion and I'm aware of the fact that you can neither prove, nor disprove God, so I don't see why I should get any hate for not believing in God.
its ok lets drop it there lol. and trust me if there is one thing that i least believe in its zombies

MBreeto

Smash Ace
its ok lets drop it there lol
lol, i was talking to Da-D-Mon-109, but I when I posted it, your post showed up first xD, but yea, it fits for both of you. But honestly, I don't think I should have to have to defend myself for making that statement, but since I'm nice, I will.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
About religion, I think that all religions are the same, but over time, humanity forgot the roots of them, and had different ideas about what they mean. I also think that Science and Religion go hand in hand. For example, God moves to our corner of existance. He says "Bang". Big Bang Occurs. Time begins moving for us, matter forms out of nothing, life begins being created. But maybe we should drop the religon part before this gets uber crazy. Back to Zombies, people are doing so much work on Genetic Enginneering and the Genome Project that they're getting dangerously close to using their discoveries for evil, creating Zombies. :p We should remember these ideas and go ahead and start planning for them. I'll see you guys once we stop the zombies at their source:The one bad scientist that went too far, or the business man that's trying to take over the world.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
^ yea, i kinda like the I am Legend storyline where they cure cancer, and all hell breaks loose. (I want to talk about religion so bad now XD)

Skrah

Smash Ace
Seriously, a high place and a Berreta sniper rifle is all you need. It is so powerful a shot to the chest can rip an arm out of you, not to mention that you wont have a chest anymore lol.

D

Deleted member

I have a 10 gauge double barrel shotgun, which will destroy them zombies.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
lol, yea, if you got hit in the head, there would be no head XD. Can't a bullet like rip your arm off if it just skims it?

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Hooray! We should go back to bows and arrows. That way we can craft our arrows while we are being besieged, since I'm pretty sure making a bullet by hand will be more difficult.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah it can.

And bows would be VERY ineffective, since they wouldn't pierce the skull and thus the brain would still be intact.

Just stockpile sh*tloads of ammo, camp on someplace, and pick up targets.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Actually, bows can be very strong. Even a simple composite bow with only about 60 pounds of string tension (and using a semi-sharp arrow) concentrates enough force into that tiny area at the tip of an arrow to pierce a coconut. And since a coconut is harder than a human skull, it will probably be able to pierce that as well.

Guns are easier to use, but bows can have 'infinite' ammo.

slave1

Smash Lord
leave the praying for later. there is a zombie infestation afoot. and bows would be a bad idea. but it is true that an arrow has as much or more penetrating power than a bullet

down sides.

1. too slow.
2. once an arrow is shot, its gone forever. you can use the same shell for a gun quiet a bit if you have the things.
3. have you ever made arrows. its hard.
4. 99% of all people have never seen a bow or shot a bow in real life. unless your a scout or something.
5. an arrow just might penatrate the brain but still not hit anything important.

up sides
1. you can technically have 'infinite' ammo
2. you can grow out your hair and look bad acid like legolos and totally own some zombies.

and to the hands moving. what the heck why not. adds a scarier element.

and to mbreeto- if it is big enough... yes fifty calls kinetic energy alone coming off the bullet will liquefy most tissue and tear it to pieces even if just nicked or a near miss.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Well, you got a point there, but also the fire rate. Guns can be automatic, semi automatic, and etc. but lets say its semi automatic. One pull equals one shot. And when using a bow you have to nock an arrow, pull the string, aim carefully, and then shoot, rinse and repeat.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
lmao bad acid wtf xD. Anyways, what about crossbows? Also, i'm not really a fan of using a bow and arrow, but if it was the only thing there, i would use it

Darkslash

Smash Master
I dunno it really depends on the bullet. If its a 7.62(M14,FN FAL, G3), blow the head to hell. But with a 5.56(most assault rifles), then your screwed. The 5.56, I read, does internal damage. So its a shot gun shell inside the human body, fragmenting. Now its good on a living human, but what about a dead one?

Skrah

Smash Ace
That's why you need to aim for headshots. If the brain is damaged, the zombie is destroyed.

And a shotgun has a lot of power. So even if you don't kill the zombie, you would certainly blow him backwards, giving you time to escape.

When slaying zombies, high precision guns should be used.

Darkslash

Smash Master
That's why you need to aim for headshots. If the brain is damaged, the zombie is destroyed.
Hmm your right. But then again the only way your going to get your hands on a 30 round cartridge is through a dead infantry man. Heck gun shops sell .223s and .308's, making captured military weapons almost useless, unless you have a gun smith with you, who can change or create barrels to fit those caliber's.

D

Deleted member

The only problem with huge shotguns is that they blow your ****ing arm off!

Skrah

Smash Ace
Aquiring a gun is another thing lol. Although, if there were an zombie outbreak, the army would probably start drafting, so there is your gun lol. There are plenty of homemade weapons too. You can make plenty of molotovs and bombs fairly easily.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I know ***** Sporting Goods and Sports Authority have pistols and rifles I think

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
leave the praying for later. there is a zombie infestation afoot. and bows would be a bad idea. but it is true that an arrow has as much or more penetrating power than a bullet

down sides.

1. too slow.
2. once an arrow is shot, its gone forever. you can use the same shell for a gun quiet a bit if you have the things.
3. have you ever made arrows. its hard.
4. 99% of all people have never seen a bow or shot a bow in real life. unless your a scout or something.
5. an arrow just might penatrate the brain but still not hit anything important.

up sides
1. you can technically have 'infinite' ammo
2. you can grow out your hair and look bad acid like legolos and totally own some zombies.

and to the hands moving. what the heck why not. adds a scarier element.

and to mbreeto- if it is big enough... yes fifty calls kinetic energy alone coming off the bullet will liquefy most tissue and tear it to pieces even if just nicked or a near miss.
Actually, I have been in archery before. I used a composite bow with 60 to 90 pounds of string tension (can adjust). I have also crafted my own bow and arrows (they are in my closet. The bow is a longbow with around 40 pounds of string tension lol). It's not that hard if you have a good knife and a sharp stone. And you can reuse arrows unless they break. Bullets are the ones you cannot reuse. I agree, it's much harder to use than a gun and fires more slowly, but it's still a good, effective projectile weapon. It's better for dealing with lone zombies you might encounter when you are running around in the open, whereas guns are better for crowd control (shooting multiple arrows is probably impossible or difficult with a normal bow. It also throws off your aim if you try firing more than one at a time).

I also have a crossbow. I think they are stronger than bows. Mine has only 50 pounds of string tension but I once shot a brick wall with one of the bolts and it got STUCK. Crossbow bolts would probably be more difficult to craft than arrows because they have to be a certain dimension, depending on your crossbow.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I would jack a car(Fast and physically strong of course) some guns and stuff, and run over them and shoot them, if that doesn't work, I'll commit suicide and become one of them.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Hm...I think nearly every sporting goods store sells guns. Hunting rifles would still be effective.

slave1

Smash Lord
Aquiring a gun is another thing lol. Although, if there were an zombie outbreak, the army would probably start drafting, so there is your gun lol. There are plenty of homemade weapons too. You can make plenty of molotovs and bombs fairly easily.
this kid is becoming creative. home made claymores. box, duck tape, nails, and gun powder jimmy rigged to poles.

to lemonwater.

so i will let you wield the bow. sounds reasonable if there is only one and you dont want to use your ammunition.
and sweet action on the cross bow. you need one of those repeating ones like they have in van helsing.

all sports stores sell guns.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've just realised, rappers are really smart stocking up on Hummers. You could safely plough your way through hoards of the undead scum.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I would love just to have one inaccessible room with crazy defenses, and just live on the emergency food in the safe house, and have a Wii. I would love a zombie outbreak.

Top Bottom