• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

~rh

Smash Lord
I'd go buck wild on them L4D style - with molotovs =]

MBreeto

Smash Ace
because a chainsaw runs on gas, and when the gas runs out, it's pretty much useless... if you survive that long...

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I agree, a chainsaw is just so clunky and there are too many things that could go wrong. With a sword, you get up in the undeads face and let them know whos boss!

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
This is true. :laugh: In all seriousness, itd proabably be a FANTASTIC idea to get in a car and drive out-of-state. >_>

rhan

Smash Hero
Chainsaw can run out of gas... Sword on the other hand will get dull after a while. Either way you're gonna be screwed.

I'll put a bullet though the head if things get to a point to where I can't do anything. That seemed a little dramatic...but I would.... ._.

Quick and painless death >>> slowly eaten and turned into one of them

Skrah

Smash Ace
Good point...

But what if the sword, from much hack and slashing, becomes blunter, and it gets stuck on a zombies body?

So if zombies come in waves, you could cut them with the chainsaw, run to a gas station, refuel, and then wait for the oncoming wave.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Good point...

But what if the sword, from much hack and slashing, becomes blunter, and it gets stuck on a zombies body?

So if zombies come in waves, you could cut them with the chainsaw, run to a gas station, refuel, and then wait for the oncoming wave.
What if it's a Hanzo sword o.O It'll never go dull ;)

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
OR you could put on some Boxing gloves and UNLEASH YOUR BURNING RAGE and beat them all to death. :laugh:

~rh

Smash Lord
Running away, its the only manly answer. :laugh: Seriously, Id happily lose some rep if I didnt get eaten alive. haha
No one would be alive to derep you anyways, so running away is obviously the best choice in this situation :laugh:

MBreeto

Smash Ace
One thing that needs to be addressed in the first post is if the zombies are walking zombies, like in Night of the Living Dead, or running zombies, like in the Romero remakes and 28 days/weeks later. This could change what I would be doing

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
No one would be alive to derep you anyways, so running away is obviously the best choice in this situation :laugh:
Im glad we've reached an accord.

/End thread. :laugh: Just kidding. I love this thread.

EDit: Breeto is right! Are they fast or slow? Strong or weak?

~rh

Smash Lord
Geez, fast and strong would be terrible. Broken *** zombies... D:

:laugh:

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Suicide Zombies? Like Fat Zobies that blow up on you and attract other zombies? That would only suck if the zombies were fast and strong. :laugh:

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
What if they are smart zombies too? Smart, fast, strong zombies...with body parts that keep attacking once you cut them off? And maybe they explode violently when they feel like it too. Oh, and this ability stacks with the body-part-attack ability. After they explode, the remains will still keep on attacking. And given that they are zombies, they probably harbor many deadly diseases as well.

You'd need some sort of powerful, flaming weapon. Like a flamethrower, but that runs out of fuel. This is one reason they shouldn't have removed Roy from Brawl...

Okay, let's assume that these zombies are fast, strong, and they have the ability to think (to coordinate attacks and learn) and explode at will, and their body parts will keep attacking even if you tear them off their bodies or decapitate them. Maybe they can swim as well. What would you guys do then?

I'm pretty sure taking your time will cost you against those kinds of super-zombies.

Geist

Smash Master
What I would do?

Kill myself.

I'd rather have them chewing on my dead corpse then my valiantly trying to reach safety alive and kicking body.
No no no no no you're doing it wrong.
You have to heroically sacrifice yourself while rescuing the one hot chick in your group, whilst enduring multiple zombie bites and bravely fending them back with a broken beer bottle and a makeshift flamethrower, and THEN inevitably aim the pistol towards your temple, only to realize with an audible click that you're out of ammo.

That's the right way to do it.

D

Deleted member

I'd leave my room, grabbing my wife and Geno then getting the machete and shotgun out from under my bed. I'd head out the door get in my truck and drive to the Greenbrier Hotel (picking up food/water/allies on the way) and then get in the bunker under the golf course there and set up a base.

~rh

Smash Lord
This thread inspires me to play L4D, which I am right now lol. While playing I though of another method of survival.

...hide in a closet. lol

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Going out to sea! That would be a good idea, unless the zombies started appearing every ware. You leave zombie-infested NYC and heat to zombie-infested India.

slave1

Smash Lord
I would help others survive. I'll round up all the young, old, and sick and protect them.
Because when the zombies did eventually overrun us, I would be able to escape as they consumed all the pathetic ones first.
screw the old screw the sick. sounds heartless but they must go first

Da-D-Mon-109

i mentioned the whole bring a female. i guess i am the only one and that guy who are really thinking about this.

MBreeto

Smash Ace

Da-D-Mon-109

i mentioned the whole bring a female. i guess i am the only one and that guy who are really thinking about this.
exactly. They are just a liability. It's like the cliche thing to do in a zombie movie to have the survivors take care of some useless sick/old person who just weighs them down and ends up getting them killed.

slave1

Smash Lord
exactly. They are just a liability. It's like the cliche thing to do in a zombie movie to have the survivors take care of some useless sick/old person who just weighs them down and ends up getting them killed.
finally someone who thinks around here. there is a zombie infestation and people are putting on boxing gloves...friggen ********. and as i mentioned in my ridiculously long post don't ever start making kids until there is a reliable system prepared. and she consents but get married first. :)

start thinking long term people. forts in woods means jack 'colorful word.' unless it is in the trees and high above the ground.

chainsaws dont work. the end

no broad swards, short and sharp. cuts faster, more control. but make sure it has some weight. samari sword would be best in all situations.

these are normal zombies. they are not super enhanced radioactive space zombies. when dead they dont communicate. well they are attracted to sounds. so when one screeches i would assume it attracts others.

as to swimming. a person even as smart as we are still have a hard time learning to swim. a zombie is lacking intelligence so probably no swimming. but they dont need air. they will just walk through the water. hope to all dean they just fall down a trench and get crushed under all the pressure. but i would assume water will fill the cavities and equalize it out. so dont count on that.

as to speed and the biting Nazi's. i would assume they can run at a reasonable pace. think left for dead speed, not Olympic runners (unless the zombie was once an Olympic runner)

suicide zombies=all zombies, they come forward and die... the end.

Smudge

Smash Lord
Get to my school on top of this massive hill, raid the D&T Corridor for weapon and the Food Tec Corridor (Opposite D&T) for supplies.

I'd then hit the roof and camp out :D

Probably cry a bit, and by a bit I mean alot.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
well, call me crazy but me and my friends already have a zombie plan
we locate one another then we break into the local pawn shop next we steal a car preferably a jeep with no top and finally we go on a zombie wipeout streak, so yeah, just basically go and take out the zombies

Skrah

Smash Ace
I meant STAYING on a ship. Like for years if possible lol. I'd bring lots of supplies, mostly water, since I could fish sh*t out of the sea.

Or maybe I would get on a submarine and search for Atlantis.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
I meant STAYING on a ship. Like for years if possible lol. I'd bring lots of supplies, mostly water, since I could fish sh*t out of the sea.

Or maybe I would get on a submarine and search for Atlantis.
I would be in the Submarine with you. ATLANTIS FTW! What if there were zombies in Atlantis? GET THA HARPOON GUN READEH!!!!!:laugh:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Da-D-Mon-109

id just assumed that hot half naked chicks would be waiting for me after im done wipingout the zombies in my town, as for the old and sick, screw them

MBreeto

Smash Ace
as to swimming. a person even as smart as we are still have a hard time learning to swim. a zombie is lacking intelligence so probably no swimming. but they dont need air. they will just walk through the water. hope to all dean they just fall down a trench and get crushed under all the pressure. but i would assume water will fill the cavities and equalize it out. so dont count on that.
Land of the Dead is the perfect example.

Also, I had a debate recently that zombies would eventually die out. While technically they are walking corpses, it's hard to believe realistically (lol) that a zombie would walk around for eternity. I think that they would eventually decompose (not starve) over time. However, this could be debated based off Day of the Dead where that crazy scientist guy showed that the zombies literally didn't need their organs to work, so it's hard to talk about this topic.

Idk, i think if a real zombie outbreak occurred, it would just be a waiting game until they all eventually stopped functioning (I didn't say die because how can something dead die?). Feel free to prove me wrong. I'm a zombie geek xD

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
finally someone who thinks around here. there is a zombie infestation and people are putting on boxing gloves...friggen ********. and as i mentioned in my ridiculously long post don't ever start making kids until there is a reliable system prepared. and she consents but get married first. :)

start thinking long term people. forts in woods means jack 'colorful word.' unless it is in the trees and high above the ground.

chainsaws dont work. the end

no broad swards, short and sharp. cuts faster, more control. but make sure it has some weight. samari sword would be best in all situations.

these are normal zombies. they are not super enhanced radioactive space zombies. when dead they dont communicate. well they are attracted to sounds. so when one screeches i would assume it attracts others.

as to speed and the biting Nazi's. i would assume they can run at a reasonable pace. think left for dead speed, not Olympic runners (unless the zombie was once an Olympic runner)

suicide zombies=all zombies, they come forward and die... the end.
Okay, fine. Since you don't want to assume that their ability to learn and communicate will allow them to swim....okay, zombies are dead, so they don't need to breathe. They will simple walk on the sea floor and climb up onto solid ground when they reach your island. That way, it's even more difficult to detect them and makes them that much freakier. Happy?

Okay, standard zombie here:
Strength: 8/10
Assume the average human being is a 5 or 6. There's your comparison.

Speed: 5/10
Assume the average human being is a 5 to 7 in this. They run about as quickly as an ordinary person, though they are a wee bit on the slow side.

Intelligence: 4/10
An average human will be around 6 to 9. Okay, you probably get the picture already. They aren't super smart (A bit on the ******** side), but they have enough intelligence left in them to coordinate attacks and learn slowly from experience. Just enough to make them very dangerous. (Although their intelligence is low compared to that of standard humans, it is enough for them to know how to wield crude weapons that they can find, such as baseball bats and axes)

Deadliness: 10/10
Assume that a snakebite is 8. It will be painful and dangerous if zombies manage to wound you and get germs into your wound.

Toughness: 8-10/10 (depends on toughness of the host's body)
They are very durable and cannot be easily stopped, even if you shoot them in the head or slice them up. The average living human will be about a 5 or 6 here. Also, their limbs will still try to attack you after they have been severed. This adds to their toughness.

Aggressiveness: 10/10
The average human is around 3 to 8 I guess. These zombies will stop at nothing to get to you. If you're sealed in a steel box, they will break fingers and bones trying to pry the box open to get to you. It doesn't matter if they are outnumbered or if you are driving a tank; they will charge and attack. If your fort is situated atop a steep cliff, they will climb tirelessly even if the sides are slippery. They fear nothing and have only one objective: to feast on your flesh.

Senses: 6/10
A normal human would be around 5 to 6. Although their sense of sight is not as good as that of living humans, all other senses are as good as, if not better than, those of live humans.

Other: These zombies will reproduce through infection. After three days, a person infected with the zombie pathogen will become a zombie. An already-dead person will become one of them only if the head is intact and the body has been infected with the pathogen. It would be in your best interests to crush the heads of dead bodies that you may find along the way to prevent them from being reanimated unless you are sure it is free of the frightening virus. Also, after they become zombies, they no longer need their internal organs to function.

Suggested method of disposal: Since limbs will not be able to move if the muscles are heavily damaged, fire or entire-body crushing work well. Damaging the head won't work well because you have to destroy the area of the brain that controls movement for them to stop. Even then, the nerves in the body will still fire off signals for several minutes, making them an immediate threat even if decapitated. The severed head will live several hours longer, sometimes several days. Drowning does nothing to them because they do not need to breathe.

Thus, fire and heavy damage to the body are the best ways to vanquish them. But be careful, unless the flames are intense enough to burn them up quickly, they will still be able to move about until the fire cooks the muscles.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
First, I'd grab a good girl. Then try an follow away from the zombie spread, and get as much supplies as I can. Then, head out to sea, or some place really high, and pray for the best.

Darkslash

Smash Master
For me its probably going to be a Legend of Zelda thing. Upgrading my swords...but then again I don't think one may ever happen, I don't like to think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EbeqPynF2s
Pretty much if your in full body light leather, you might be safe. A scary thought is that the black Plague was really a Zombie Outbreak..

CALL IN THE KNIGHTS OF OLD!

Top Bottom