• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would YOU do in a Zombie Outbreak?!

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Well, you'd have to make sure that your swords are intended for actual combat use (most are flimsy display pieces). Real swords cost a lot. A $60 katana is assuredly not for combat use. My real one cost around $300, and it's not even one of those high-end ones. I've seen them go to $2000. Machetes might be more cost efficient and durable (katanas require a lot of care and maintenence). Axes and bats might be good as well.

And yes, katanas can be decapitation tools, but for executions, the victim are often slashed through the body, from the side of the neck downward diagonally. Wakizashi are very nice weapons as well, though you probably want a bit more range against infectious zombies so you don't risk getting bitten.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well, you'd have to make sure that your swords are intended for actual combat use (most are flimsy display pieces). Real swords cost a lot. A $60 katana is assuredly not for combat use. My real one cost around $300, and it's not even one of those high-end ones. I've seen them go to $2000. Machetes might be more cost efficient and durable (katanas require a lot of care and maintenence). Axes and bats might be good as well.
Any one have a Bug out bag? I have paranoia thanks to this thread...and I need to make one.
I need to know what kind of things I need in it. Also if any one needs a cheap yet reliable Katana..

http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/cheap-samurai-swords-for-sale.html

Its around 60 bucks, the price of a Wii game. And from the review cuts mats very nice, as mats have the same density as bone.

Ohh and this baby right here
http://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/gross-messer.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfes9jAmNNI

Its so sharp that it can cut through Phone books with one blow. Imagine Zombie's!
It pretty much cuts through a Bamboo mat, which has around the same density as human bone.
Of course you can go with the good machete.

Skrah

Smash Ace
None of them would work very well.

For one, zombies are indifferent to pain, so unless their whole body freezes, cold won't stop it. Once it thaws out, the zombie will continue moving.

Fire is slightly more effective, since fire eats at the zombie's body, but it has to consume it completely to kill it.

A headshot is the most effective way to kill a zombie. You need to kill the brain.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Freezing the head completely CAN kill them because the liquid in the brain will expand and crystallize, causing severe damage to it when frozen. I guess freezing them takes too long though.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Freezing the head completely CAN kill them because the liquid in the brain will expand and crystallize, causing severe damage to it when frozen. I guess freezing them takes too long though.
Nope. Read World War Z. Freezing doesn't do anything to them.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Eh, if they were "real" zombies (ie, affected humans without regard for pain and slightly higher than average strength and increased aggression) then cold temperatures would kill them just as they'd eventually kill a normal person. Just because it can't feel cold, doesn't mean its cells and organs and body would be unaffected by it.

So yeah, I'd definitely try and head north for the long haul. Humans don't have the insulation to survive there without artificial means, which means zombies are out of luck.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
But now you've said that the zombies will know and be waiting for you. Unless that's what you want and this is all part of some kind of unnecessarily complex trap on your part.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Eh, if they were "real" zombies (ie, affected humans without regard for pain and slightly higher than average strength and increased aggression) then cold temperatures would kill them just as they'd eventually kill a normal person. Just because it can't feel cold, doesn't mean its cells and organs and body would be unaffected by it.

So yeah, I'd definitely try and head north for the long haul. Humans don't have the insulation to survive there without artificial means, which means zombies are out of luck.
True, but thats the issue, we don't have a true definition of a "zombie". There are so many interpretations of zombies that its hard to tell what would affect it in which way. If you're talking about like "non-supernatural" zombies (lol, if that makes sense), then yes, cold weather would kill them. For example, in 28 days later, with the people being infected by a rage virus and not actually dying before turning into a "zombie", it would be more realistic to see those types of zombies if an outbreak were to occur than the kinds that re-animate.

slave1

Smash Lord
so about the cold... the whole expanding liquid as it freezes in the brain does actually make some sense. but i don't think it will effect the muscular tissue very much. it will freeze solid. and over a period of time, it will probably take effect as their body deteriorates. who knows what ever happens within zombie blood, it could act as a strange antifreeze. if we are going by WWZ definitions here, then their blood is a thik oozy mass. it might take longer for them to freeze and the freeze wont be as deep.

Patinator

Smash Champion

And yes, katanas can be decapitation tools, but for executions, the victim are often slashed through the body, from the side of the neck downward diagonally. Wakizashi are very nice weapons as well, though you probably want a bit more range against infectious zombies so you don't risk getting bitten.
In Soviet Russia a zombie outbreak, money doesn't matter.

Or maybe I'm just being naive. u_u

It's too bad no one's posted anything related to Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Heh. :bee:

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
The cold is like heat. Take it to enough of an extreme and it will kill things.

If a human brain cannot survive being frozen, then the zombie's brain will not survive being frozen, provided that the zombie is one of those "virus-created" ones, not the supernatural undead ones.

Grunt

Smash Master
I was thinking rage infected virus zombies like 28 days later.
supernatural undead is just stupid. Play the Sun Song, GG.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You gotta remember that those "reanimated" corpse in Romeros's zombies are also caused by a virus as well.

The 28 Series infect try to kill and not do any thing else hence the "RAGE" virus.

Oh well best weapon is a Telsa cannon? Electrocution causes fried flesh.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Electricity will work, I suppose, but then again there was that man who survived getting hit by lightning 7 times.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Any sustained high voltage current should do the trick. If they're like people, it wouldn't really matter whether it was applied to the brain or somewhere else.

Snare

Smash Lord
make them drink alot of liquid and force them to pee on a electric fence

or is that to round-about?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Quick some one tell NATO or the U.N to create shock weapons.

Or better alternative. Piloted robots armed with 7.62mm and 50 cals. Maybe with electric and laser technology. 5 Meter tall mechs and not the 17.5 meter behemoths seen in Anime.

wishful thinking.

slave1

Smash Lord
Any sustained high voltage current should do the trick. If they're like people, it wouldn't really matter whether it was applied to the brain or somewhere else.
electricity follows a path. which ever one leads to the ground the quickest. the brain might get a sizzle, but most of the electricity will go through the arms and legs and into the ground. and if the electricity only fries the internal organs or arms its not going to stop them

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I stake out at my school. Tons of food (Assuming they got a recent load), I could use the sports equipment for weapons (Field hockey/Aluminum bats would work nicely). The school has thick walls made of brick, and the Zombies could not break through that. If I had a means of escaping north, I would probably take that. Preferably by air.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
O...M...G! Because of those fans, people will probably see it as a joke when a real zombie outbreak is about to happen. Zombies will then overtake the cities and countries as they bite other people and soon, only a handful of survivors will live in fear.

(although I won't be one of the few since I'll kill myself if that ever happens)

In other words: THANKS RESIDENT EVIL 5!!!

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I'm glad I already have a nice stockpile of durable weapons (mostly camping gear like machetes and hatchets, and some martial arts weapons and swords). You never know XD

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Freak out and die...

Somehow. Don't know whether I'd die by my hands or...some other way. Either way I'm freaked out my zombies and stuff like that and always have been... If they became a reality it'd be the end of me, that's one thing for sure.

slave1

Smash Lord
Freak out and die...

Somehow. Don't know whether I'd die by my hands or...some other way. Either way I'm freaked out my zombies and stuff like that and always have been... If they became a reality it'd be the end of me, that's one thing for sure.
flippen Panzy

we need fighters, now people who will get scared.

Top Bottom