• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What we LIKE about Brawl.

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Tripping.
The competitive masterpiece that takes away all randomness, and makes each match into one of pure skill.

Seriously now, I love how combos were removed. It's like, you need to think throughout the match, rather than before you get an attack in.

And what everyone else said, the soundtrack. Bramble Blaaaast... :psycho:

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
i like the little voice that says "gain the lead , double kill, tripple kill, snipper spree, killing spree" :pikachu:

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
I like what they did to kirby. He's not great or anything, but he's fun to use again.

In melee he sucked and was also missing the fun factor. In that game, he just didn't feel like "kirby' to me.

In fact, a lot of the characters are fun again. Even if they're considered the worse currently, they're fun to just use.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
One thing I don't understand is why everyone insists that Brawl is a boring game to watch at higher levels of play.

Maybe it's just me being a defensive-minded player, but I can't see how anyone would find Brawl boring to watch.

All that parrying and shielding and mind games and Lucario doing double team and crazy Snake explosives going off everywhere...

Even without the awesome combos of Melee (which got old after seeing the same ones again and again, btw) I still think Brawl is a pleasure to watch at higher levels of play. I think people are just have the "brawl sucks" mindset ground into their brains and are too afraid to deviate from it because then they won't be "cool" anymore.

Seriously, Brawl is not that bad. It has a different kind of competitive value to Melee. Not as deep, but not worthless anyway.

After the Ness/Lucas scare, I hated Brawl for a short period of time, but then I went and played Melee and I couldn't bear it. I then played Brawl again and it was like stepping out of a backed-up toilet into a field of daisies. And Lucario was there! And Lucas! And Ness who didn't suck! During the few minutes I'd switched back from Melee, I'd already missed them.

Nah, I don't care if Melee is a better game, I just can't go back to it.

selendrile

Smash Apprentice
Being able to configure controls, awesome character roster, and despite popular opinion, I love to pace.

There is so much to love about Brawl. People are just afraid of change.

After the Ness/Lucas scare, I hated Brawl for a short period of time, but then I went and played Melee and I couldn't bear it. I then played Brawl again and it was like stepping out of a backed-up toilet into a field of daisies. And Lucario was there! And Lucas! And Ness who didn't suck! During the few minutes I'd switched back from Melee, I'd already missed them.
Random question, did they find out that Ness and Lucas aren't totally rendered useless?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Ummm...the graphics, music, some characters, some items. Everything else is below Melee standards.

FeArTeHsMaSh

Smash Cadet
The customizable stages, music, controls, etc.

Zero Suit Samus.

Ike's Forward Smash.

Ike's Up Smash.

Snake's remote mine.

The concept of the Pokemon Trainer.

Zero Suit Samus.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Things that I like about Brawl:

Online (Even though it's not that great, I now at least have SOMEONE to play against on a regular basis since most of my friends were into racing games and FPS's.)

The new character additions (They did a perfect job with the starting roster. The unlockable roster... not so much...)

Better stages than Melee (Like Sakurai said after Brawl was revealed , Melee had like 3 stages that were genuinely fair for 4 player matches. Half of Melee's stages weren't that even fun to play on anyways. Brawl's completely different with only two stages being completely unbearable: Flat Zone 2 and Mario Bros. I love the sheer variety of Brawl's stages. My favorite stages are Wario Ware, Castle Siege, Frigate Orpheon, and Delfino Isle. Brawl has more "fair" stages too and it bugs me how people only limit themselves to Battlefield and Final Destination...)

Adventure Mode (It's not perfect and there is definately a lot of room for improvement but overall, it's better than Melee's. Because of it being average at best, the one in the next game will definately be better. Also, the Adventure Mode is worth playing for the gorgeous cutscenes alone.)

Boss Battles (Sort of like a watered down version of Kirby Superstar's Arena but it's still fun.)

The soundtrack (Enough said.)

Challenges (It gives the game a lot more replay value.)

Replays (It's a great way to review what you do right and wrong in fights.)

What I don't like compared to Melee:

How they got rid of "Bonuses."

How all the stages and characters were retardedly easy to unlock.

How the unlockable character roster was incredibly lackluster. (Case in point: ROB.)

How the events were much less imaginative and easier to complete, even on the supposed "hard" difficulty.

How Classic Mode and All Star were made much more predictible and how completing them felt tedious at times.

That's about it.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I like Brawl's amount of characters. If Melee had all the characters Brawl did, I would go back to Melee in a heartbeat.

M.K

Level 55
The Music. Oh gawd, the music. Makes me want to hug Sakurai's dead corpse (Hmm?? Oh, I killed him for choosing a lackluster cast)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well....... more characters (I mean who doesn't lol..), Final Smashes, Snake's appearance, nice music (especially the Halberd, so freaking awesome!!), and more modes like Subspace, there are a bunch of other little things I like as well such as entrances or the main main screen but I'm too lazy to type them all

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Being able to configure controls, awesome character roster, and despite popular opinion, I love to pace.

There is so much to love about Brawl. People are just afraid of change.

Random question, did they find out that Ness and Lucas aren't totally rendered useless?
Yes, they did. Turns out Lucas can DI out of most problems and chain grabs, and can only be infinited by himself, and semi-infinited (as in brought to a KO with enough stage length) by Bowser and Marth.

Ness on the other hand, still has it pretty bad because he can't DI as far. But still, he can only be infinited by Marth, Lucas and Pokemon Trainer, and semi-infinited by Bowser.

mzink*

Smash Ace
i love the music, sometimes i just listen to the soundtrack when im workin around the house. also i love the detail of the stages, sometimes i get ko'd cuz im just starin at the backgrounds lol. great character roster, really entertaining adventure mode. im easily entertained by spectate mode. at first i was alil iffy bout the playstyle compared to melee but its grown on me and ive learned to love it. gee whats not to love about brawl? there were some things that irked me alil like how easy it was to unlock stuff but all around brawl is an awesome game.

hey nessbounder i actually managed to take a pic that looks just like your sig lol.

Top Bottom