• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what was your first console?

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo Entertainment System. Gotta love those monster cartridges and the good ol' reliable Q-Tip cleaning system.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Exactlly. Now if something goes wrong, you either have to buy a new one or just end up screwed sideways. Cartridge games are the way to go.

I remember my SNES gave me allergies cause I blew into them to clean them out and ended with a face full of dust. I blame Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Game Boy was my first game console, and Kirby Dreamland was my first game. <3

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*Smack's self*

I mean SNES was my first console, GB was my first handheld. =P

Overload

Smash Lord
Exactlly. Now if something goes wrong, you either have to buy a new one or just end up screwed sideways. Cartridge games are the way to go.

I remember my SNES gave me allergies cause I blew into them to clean them out and ended with a face full of dust. I blame Zombies Ate My Neighbors.
ZAMN is one of my favorite SNES games of all time, as you can probably tell by my avatar. I found a boxed copy so I bought it. Now I have two.

Tim Schafer ftw.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
PS1 11 years ago. Had some good times with Tekken 1...

Same here, I first got my Playstation 11 years ago on Christmas Day along with my copy of Street Fighter Alpha, how cool was that!, It was definetly one of my most memorable Christmas day's as a child.

As for my first handheld, it was a limited edition 'silver' Game Boy pocket, yea it was special, and I still have it around, though it rarely ever see's any sunlight these days.

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
Mine was my good ol' N64. I have a whole bunch of games that still work but I haven't turned it on in a year or so.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
Mine was the classic Sega Genesis. I always had a leather case of cartridges next to it.
I still play it sometimes.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
My first console was the Sega Genesis, and my first game was Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Thinking about it really brings me back.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
SNES, but that was owned by my dad.
The first one I got that I didn't pay for, but did play a lot.. was the N64. I pretty much played that nonstop.

The first one I payed for was the GameCube I think. I was so hyped about that I sold half of my N64 belongings (even Goldeneye 007) for about $6.00 each, and came out short for about $40.00. And I owned about 20 games too. Now I'm down to about 5.

I wish I never did that. My stepdad even said he'd buy it for me after we got back from Christmas break if I waited for a month or two. But I was so stupid I just wanted it now, and still...

Bleh, oh well.
..Umm, the first true game system I bought with truly earned money was the Nintendo DS Lite.. and that's really it.

Seems like games I buy rather than getting them as gifts don't last me as long as games I got as gifts.. or maybe I'm growing old. Now-a-days I pretty much pay for everything I get XD

WOW. Long rant.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
SNES was my first.

The first night I played it was with my sister and her friend. The first game we played on it was either Aladdin or Super Mario World. It our first time ever playing a game console and we all sucked.

Viox

Smash Apprentice
First console was Ps1 on day of release, absolutley dominated all of the original ps1 games that came out with it.. if only i was still as good then lol. First handheld was a gameboy pocket

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My first console was the NES.

My first handheld was the Game Gear with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as my first game for it.
A lot of people said that game was hard. I found it pretty easy.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
My mom's always been into video games as well. LOL. So "my" first console was an N64, but my mom got herself a SNES a few years after I was born or something.

Alzi

Smash Master
SNES.

My parents got it for me along with 2 controllers and 9 games. I was 5 years old and i could never come 1st in super mario kart xD.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Oh man, snes had some killer games. DKC was love. I made it to the snow level, and then I got my mom to help finish. xD

I love that game. So much. 7_7

Scott!

Smash Lord
Sega Genesis and the original Game Boy on the same Christmas. Such a good year. Had some great games on the Sega. Sonic 1, 2, Spinball, and 3D Blast. Loved them all. Throw in Aladdin, and Pagemaster, and I'm a happy kid. For Game Boy, we got Link's Awakening, Tetris, Pac Man, and Jurassic Park, which I could never get past the second level of. Oh the memories.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
mine was the N64 i got it for christmas:bee:
NINTENDO SIXTY FOOOOOUU -- *is shot*

Mine was the Sega Genesis, first game was Sonic 1. Ah, the memories...

My first handheld was the Game Boy (Color), for which my first game was Pokemon Red. I remember I couldn't figure out how to get out of my house in that game for about ten minutes. :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
My first console was the NES.

My first handheld was the Game Gear with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 as my first game for it.
A lot of people said that game was hard. I found it pretty easy.
Sonic 2 was my first Master System game with Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

I've played the Game Gear version on Sonic Gems, and I have to say it is a lot harder than the Master System version due to it's smaller screen and larger sprites.

However, I could never get all the Chaos Emeralds to get to the last level. :laugh:

kigbariom

Smash Lord
This Order

1. N64
2. GBC
3. GB
4. GBA
5. GBA SP
6. GCN
7. SNES
8. NES
9. GCN (again)
10. DS
11. DS lite
12. Wii

maskedboy09

Smash Rookie
My first console was the SNES. My favorite games were: Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario World, and EarthBound. Super Mario World: The funniest screw up is when a Boo-omb blew up on me when I wasn't looking as I got distracted as I played because of my big sisters and my big brother. I got so annoyed when I lost a life, but the face on Mario when he lost a life, that was funny.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
gameboy colour then cube.. i got them around 01 or 02, until then i havent bought or recieved any consoles.

peeup

Smash Lord
The original GB. Black and white, about an inch thick, a plastic covering for the screen (which dust could get under which meant it got hard to see), the little thing on the on/off switch that made it impossible to play GB color games (I WANTED TO PLAY POKEMON CRYSTAL LIKE NO TOMORROW). My bro got pokemon red, I got pokemon blue, and we shared a game that was all japanese so I had no idea what it was called or what the options were, but you were mario and little squares fell from the sky and you had to line them up to make them disappear. Kind of like one of the games on a TI-84 calculator.

Ange

Smash Lord
Technically, it was the SNES. But it was REALLY owned by my dad so I guess MY first console is the N64.
My first handheld was the original transparent pink GBA. (: I never owned a GameBoy tho, but my sister did so I used hers.

Wierdly, our SNES works GREAT (Just rarely happends the screen turns out black), but my N64 really hates me. It doesnt want to start up my games anymore. Only after like the 600th time I try.
I think it might be.. extremely dirty on the inside, no idea tho. :/ I gotta look it up closer when I actually have some time.

Top Bottom