• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Ikeysaur

Smash Rookie
I don't know what any of these mean but I think it's HARDCORE for me because I always go ike or big characters to smash people around ;D

Evil Birdo

Smash Rookie
I'm more of an "in-your-face" kind of fighter. I'm likely to go after an opponent without thinking things through and try to deal a lot of damage as possible.

This applies to every character I play as. It's not very constructive, but it's fun.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
I am competitive/Hardcore. I have just recently gotten serious about Brawl, and I want to go to a tournament, but I don't know where they are and such.

drzillman

Smash Rookie
I would have to say Hardcore player for myself aswell. but I do competitivly play my piggest decider fr the way I play is my opponent. If its up to me I would rather pay 1v1 with no items... but if the player is not up to mylevel and cant keepup... well winning all the time is no fun... i wanna learn from all my matches... whichmeans getting my butt kicked every now and then... so im up fot some fun matches like boboms and anything else explosive on high on a tiny stage lol

i enjoy learning from other people regardless of their gameplay

masterlink89

Smash Rookie
bat in teh face of teh sac person (i feel bad for him)
so a brawler that likes to smash people about 5000 ft away

sirkibble2

Smash Rookie
I guess I would be considered a casual smasher since I don't have the balls to go out and actually pay to go to a tournament (probably just scared). I am hardcore though as I still Brawl even though Smash64 and Melee are my definitive Smashes of choice.

HakujouOokami

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eclipsebound
3DS FC
3067-6855-9323
I think I see myself more in the Hardcore-Competitive-Casual smashing side. Usually when boredom sets in and friends are around, we tend to get in the mood of tossing around a few items and laughing at the random physics mechanics for Melee or Brawl. Simply good times. Hardcore is usually when I'm playing online and kinda take the time to abusing my foes with rending and tearing ( Wolf ). ;P

Doxtu

Smash Rookie
I see myself as a friendly smasher. I do not yell, consider moves cheap, or have any grievances with rules that are set. The game is a game and should be played and enjoyed. Frustrated people need to cool it and play the game the way it was meant to be played.

Metalmittens

Smash Rookie
I am "The Guided Missile" smasher. Not only will I relentlessly pursue one target, I will not stop until I knock a stock out. That and I have a blatant disregard for my damage percentage, as Im hard to knock off even at 200+ with some characters.

ThunderThumbs

Smash Rookie
i would say im a competitive smasher, but in tournaments i'm pro because my mind set changes from " i want to win", to "im going to do what ever it takes to win".

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
I used to be a competitive smasher. Now I'd say I'm more of a casual one since I've gotten so busy with college and professional life I don't really have the time or money to care about tournaments anymore. I still play under tournament rules, but yet simply have fun with it and don't mind losing. Of course, the competitive side comes out sometimes and i might get a little angry ;)

I suppose I could consider myself hardcore...I do what I can to keep getting the next game in the series and have an undying love for it no matter where life takes me. I must say I miss the tournament days in Houston :)

D

Deleted member

I fall into the Hardcore Smasher category. I will remain commited to the series no matter what happens to the series. However, I also fall into the Casual Smashers category because I know that these are games and they are nothing more then to entertain.

soju

SD God
Hmm I'd call myself a Casual/Hardcore Smasher, I love to have fun and **** people with spinning barrels >;3 yet I still like to go and play competitively to see who's the better player =w=

edg11

Smash Rookie
I'd definitely say that I am a Competitive Smasher. I watched Matches that Dashizwiz played and he was just inspirational so I thought to myself that I should be the best I can be.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Competitive-Pro Smasher

I can't say I'm pro, but I always play competitively and I am one of the best on Vancouver Island (so, pro for my island :p) I always enjoy playing and take almost any chance to play with the other competitve people here.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I am the kind of smasher who loves the game more then anyone!

but parent's don't let him play on the weekdays..:(
but wants to make friends and get better

(also i live in orlando)
MLG FOR ME! :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dude I know how you feel. Well, my parents didn't let me play on weekdays when I was younger, and then just not during the school year altogether. Now I play all the time cuz im in college. :3

Ok, so I was re-reading the first pirst, and I was thinking, well, there are some casual people that are really annoying. The kinds that would throw their sticks across the room, everytime. GAHHH. Although, I also met a few who were good, and liked items too, but thats fine. I don't mind items at times, either. Although, I think I have said this before, the more I want to get better, the less I think about going to pokefloats to play a game. Meh, although I was in a crisis center for young adults, so it was understood that there might have been problems. Sometimes they weren't ready or something to understand they were losing. Of course, I knew I wasn't really getting that much experience from them, so I didn't care if I lost or not to them. :3

*XLR8*

Smash Rookie
**** i dont understand why parents dont let their children play on weekdays. to me if ur doing what u gotta do then its ok. but if i had to choose what kinda gamer i am i guess i would say casual/hardcore. just for the fact that i dont go to tourneys anymore but i still play competevly. lol tho i really do wanna start going to tourneys again. i just recently seen the last monthlies posts and something told me to start going again. lol

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm that...teacher-with-too-much-to-learn kinda smasher...which is unfortunate for the people who have learned from me, because I thought I was pretty pro until I found this place DX.

I'm also the confident one, I keep my groups' hopes up when it comes to some of our events.

XD In all seriousness I go Hardcore.

dezward

Smash Rookie
I find myself a I don't know the official rules but enjoys beating the hell out of pikachu with marth kind of guy

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I can't believe this is still here. Like when i joined this site 3 years ago (another account) i saw this. <_<

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
Im a "I dont care who wins as long as you keep your *** in the chair or on the floor, you dont jump up and down, scream in my face, "accidentally" bump me when Im going to combo you, constantly need to hit pause or take a screenshot, etc., etc." kind of Smasher. Im sure you get the idea with that. I have had people do this to me. Its annoying... Ive never really had the chance to enter in a tournament other than among my friends, where I dominated, so I cant really give a tourney kind of thing.

Kintenbo

Smash Cadet
I'm more casual, although I prefer the no items/final destination (or non-hazard course) type fights. I'm good among my general peers, although, as I have learned, against serious players, I have not a chance!

JoeJenkins

Smash Rookie
KirbyKid I'm sure you have heard this time after time, but I just wanted to say I really like this post. It is good for people to try to recognize how some of their fellow players are. For example, I am a competitive player, I'm not a sore loser, but when I win I feel like I am getting better and that is my ultimate goal. Everyone needs to remember not to hate other types of players, just respect them and always remember the main goal of Smash is to have fun.

GBye

Smash Cadet
Definitely competitive. I also enjoy casual matches, but there must be no Smash Balls. **** I hate those things. >__>

Top Bottom