• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

I'm overly-aggressive, and a complete show-off. Even when I know someone's already dead when someone tries to recover, sometimes I'll just throw in a spike for the fun of it. Suicide kills, ftw. I win less matches, but win more glory, kind of.

2001st post!

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
If I'm facing someone/a group of people on my friend roster who are good, I fight to win. Same with VS. Anyone. But any other time, I just play for fun, win or lose I'm gaining experience with the character I'm playing and seeing what works and what doesn't

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
If ist a basic brawl, I screw around and taunt while other people wanna kill me. But in a friend roster brawl, I don't sonic the ledge hog, and if you die at the begining, ill sacrafice it so its fair. And im not a cheap butthole.

Darkrai Lv.1000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1934-0668-8939
I can be a little punk-ish while Brawling sometimes. If I find my opponent to be not too hard, I tend to "play" with them a little bit before I decide to KO them. If my opponent is a little persistent, I usually use a bunch of techniques and then bombard them with various attacks. Whenever ur Brawling me, you'll know how I see you as an opponent depending on what I do to you. :D

D1000

strawhats

Smash Master
Well I play both Brawl and melee, but I just can't accept the changes that Sakurai has made to Brawl . I am competitive in melee because I started watching videos of the pros. More than anyone else, I looked up to ken as inspiration to be the best. I'm not saying Brawl isn't a fun game, but to me it is a far cry from the awsomeness of melee. I guess it's because I am a bit technical. :)

charlulz

Smash Rookie
After reading the descriptions I would go with me being a competitive smash player. I love to play smash. Always with a friend. I also try my best to get better all the time.

Chaotix_0

Smash Apprentice
I'm competitive, but I'm the type who loves complicated characters who can do cool things with some effort. I used to love all sorts of neat vegetable combos with peach in melee, but since brawl I've grown to not like her as much. A good example of someone who fits my playstyle is Lucas, he has a lot of cool tricks. That's whats fun to me.

Adrostos

Smash Rookie
i would have to say im a competitive player
id love to say im a hardcore player to but im not such a fan of all the games
i enjoyed smash 64 and im an extremly big fan of melee but im disapointed at brawl and while it has some cool new stuff all in all i do not enjoy it much to play :(

ive only recently switched from a casual to a compettitive player
in fact i did not even know that ne smash games were played at a profesional level until i had met Eggz about 7 months ago on an online rpg called Diablo 2 and he was talking about him playing a video game competitivly and i asked him wat the name of the game was, he replied with "super smash bros melee"
i had already loved that game(though i was no good at it considering i never had known ne thing techinical about the game) so we started talking about the game.
infact hes how i found smash boards.

i looked up ssbm profesional matchs on youtube and was amazed at the skill that these players possesed that i had no idea about. at that moment i decided that i would learn how to play like these guys.
i did not however make an acc on here until jsut last month so the things i learned, i learned on my own.
for example i found out how to wave dash from a magazine -.- [ Nintendo Power ftw]
i learned how to L-cancel, waveland,SHFFL, and JC grab from a video on youtube, at first it was hard to keep doing it out of habbit but now i doubt that i could play a match wihtout l-canceling or jc grabing everytime i grab or land :D (i even do it on brawl out of habbit ): ...
the hardest thing for me to learn was DI'ing
DI was something hard to learn for several reasons, such as there arnt ne good videos of how to di on youtube, i didnt look around these boards at all, and i had no one to teach me how to do it and when to apply it in certain ways.
but eventualy i learned how to di properly such as smash di and quarter circle di'ing.
my style of play is very mind gamey, i can tech chase very well, i di properly, i main marth fox and falco and im good with them, i taught my self how to drill shine, waveshine, pillar and shfl lazers on my own (learning the technical shine stuff was..a pain)

and one day i wanna type that im a pro smasher
i just havnt been able to go to tournaments and see wat my self taught skills can do
since im only 16 and i go to both college and high school
and im california so i cant go all the way across the us for a tournament with all this school work >_<
but im going to start going to as many tournaments as im capable of when school is on break.

D: y are there no west side tourneys on the list's lol

~MeS4

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I like playing Giant, heavy, metal, 300% brawls if I ever play special brawls.
Once you fall, it's almost instant death. XD

M3WTW0 J0SH

Smash Cadet
I admit it, I'm a casual.

I play just to have fun. Although my frequency is quite high with Melee. I used to play Brawl, but I realized how much I liked Melee better.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I need to play a more defensive style... I'm too aggressive, which leads to a lot of mistakes and violent outcome of the match... People hate my playstyle, xD

WinjaSauce

Smash Rookie
I have the mentality of a pro smasher, legal stages only no items 3 stock, but, i'm not at that level yet. I don't like items in the game, and relish a simple match without them as i feel they imbalance the game and make comebacks ever too possible.

P

Politiczombie

Me and my buddies always play team 5 stock no items we all think it shows that your better without items and we do one on ones with no items but 3 stock and if anyone live in Michigan near St clair shores we will be gladly enough to play with ya we play against each other so much that we all know what each other is going to do next

Safety_Pin_Hearts

Smash Rookie
Whoa.

I would be classified as "non-smasher" ^^;; I am trying to buy Melee though!!! Soon enough, I shall be good at it. I would mostly pick Marth or Ike though!:)

B

Brandon123

Actually, i can`t. My 10 years old brother (now 11 years old.) is playing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
One that smashes competitively at tournaments when I can. :] Hopefully I'll get better.

Top Bottom