• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Gyohdon

Smash Rookie
Competitive smashers have sucked the fun out of the game by reducing smash to 1v1 no item battles on Final Destination only. These self proclaimed Pro smashers are only good at the way THEY play the game. All Casual smashers think that playing with items on very high on Temple is a deep and enriching gameplay experience. Hardcore Smashers spend all of their time finding glitches so they can exploit and break the “real way” to play smash. People who don’t play smash are worthless.

If you’ve been outside the smashboards for more than 17 seconds, you have probably heard some of these stereotypes. Good thing none of them are true (except maybe that last one).
Urhhmmm...

I'm sorry to dissappoint you mr KirbyKid, but I kinda do it like that.
Well, with 1v3 LVL 9 team battle. Even though I always seem to lose.... Dammit

Anyway, that's my type of smaher.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I'm competitive/hardcore. I hate, hate, HATE items because I want to get better than everyone I know, and the randomness of items makes me lose, and even sometimes shiver. Then everyone I play says I suck, which I take seriously. So I get better, and own them later. It's how I play.

I WILL stick with smash forever, because it's an awesome game, unless they completely change the game into something that could not be defined as smash.

Slush

Smash Cadet
Competitive/casual, and brawl > melee. I like to win but I cant stand the technicalities involved with melee, Brawl is mind-games, I like that.

lsutigers35

Smash Rookie
I would consider myself between casual and comptetitive. I don't like items, but I just play for fun, and don't really care if I get any better or not.

gamegeek27

Smash Rookie
What about me? I'm in between casual and competitive. I play to win and I just think assit trophies are as cheap as anything. But I'm not serious about improving my skills. I just play to do my best to beat my opponent, still have a great time, and yet I really get frustrated over those pokeballs and stuff. I don't really hate every item, but some I just don't want to deal with.

Dr.Jo2229

Smash Rookie
Well I Think im a...hardcore competitive casual player beacuse i play competitively (im just starting) but i really enjoy the game in any way.maybe im the only competitive player who doesnt uses glitches which are obvious but i like creating my strategies and using techniques that are not so...."glitchy?" but in the end i think we should respect the way people like to play =).

uber1337h4xx0r

Smash Rookie
I'm a casual/competitive hybrid. It's really hard for me to fit myself in any category. I mean, I am by no means a true competitor, nor am I full blown casual. I don't like all pokeball matches in a serious game; but if I notice it's in good humor, I'll love an all pokebal match. Likewise, I don't really like those overtly serious games where your opponent just all out spikes you to death. Heck, at times I'll just feel inspired to beat up every single person (and am capable of doing that to a certain extent; again I'm not a pro), while at other times, I'll feel inclined to just try creating a taunt party, or to do random hyrule jumps for no reason.

Thus, casual/competitive hybrid is my way. I suppose I'm shaped by my opponents. In real life, if my friends are in my room, and they're out to win, I'd love to be able to go competitive and just whoop them. However, if they're in a more happy mood, I wouldn't mind messing with them, for example by just flying under FD as jigglypuff and not letting them hit me.

The Goron Moron

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm pretty much a casual gamer. Brawl's Wifi is supposedly just a contest of lag, which is a downer for me. Yet I still got Brawl mostly for the fun factor. So you can say that I'm not all that competitive and just play for good fun. Although that won't stop me from eventually playing on Wifi. Who knows, I may eventually become a competitive player... but it is far too soon to say for sure.

I like to play on different stages and use all sorts of items. If they are there, may as well use 'em. The Final Destination stage is boring and I'm tired of seeing it constantly in those Brawl youtube videos. More variety I say!

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
ok this is kinda random but i was wondering how to make my own thread..when i press the button it just says i dont have permission or something..and i have already activated my account..so i have no clue how..

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
No way i'm reading all that :p i just like beating the crap out of everyone when i get the chance.... usally i don't get this chance cuz they beat the crap out of me -.-

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have posted in this thread before, but I am a Smasher that Smashes.

Preferably while ****** his opponents. :p

KingK_tink

Smash Apprentice
ehh well with all being said my name is kingk TINK so im toonlink user and thats all i hve to say... i like spike

andy1796

Smash Rookie
I'm just an obcessed hardcore smasher according to the descriptions, although I suck at the game I can mostly win 4 player brawls, but I'm bad at 2 and 3 player brawls. I excel at 4 players though..

MiiKai

Smash Cadet
My wins are 98 % items/smashball dependant. I use Ike all the time and spam fsmash on VS. Anyone.

meresilence0

Smash Apprentice
Me? I'm a guy who plays with random people for kicks, occasionally using items for cheap kills and wicked tricks.
I brawl with those who have no wiis, and I make them wish for death.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
i like to face people with real skill not just anyone my mains are Fox, lucario, king Dedede, R.O.B.,meta night and Captin Falcon. Oh yeah i like no items stock on lives of 3 and 7 minute time limit i have beaten three level nines on a team against me on stock so i think i'm an ok brawler i'm still pretty good though.

Darkschneider89

Smash Rookie
i ould say iam a competitive smasher but also casual hahah if thats possible. because i play like i want to be the best(though nowhere near it), but i also like to just try things for fun like chasing a bobomb and attacking it.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Kirby freak, and the only items i like are smart bombs, smoke balls, and Mr. Saturns.
Also i hate spammers/campers/pikachus.

roymaster77

Smash Rookie
im a hardcore smasher i go on the hardest diffculty and face the hardest character on the games on Super Smash Melee i use Roy and Super Smash Brawl i use sonic, link,and samus

Waluigi911

Smash Lord
Not that my post matters... Heck, I doubt any individual's post matters here... It's 101 pages, for crying out loud... Who has read half of these posts? Show of hands. Anyone?

I'm a casual smasher... and I use speedsters.

There... In case anyone reads this, it wasn't spam... Though I highly doubt that anyone does. Ah well. Who likes Flamin' Hot Cheetos? I know I do. Yum.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I play both ways. When items are on my favorites are Pokeballs, Assist Trophies, and Smart Bombs.

Learning and re-learning my main so I can be tournament-caliber.

13th Nightmare

Smash Cadet
I'm a mix of Casual and Competitive Smasher. There are times where I go on it just for a quick match, but there are other times where I go on it looking for a challenge, but stil just want to have a bit of fun at the same time.

Talonzz

Smash Cadet
I am kind of casual and competitive

Sometimes, on Wifi, I play for fun, but when a skilled player comes in for a one versus one, that is when I begin to act competitively.

Top Bottom