• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Stage do you hate the most?

Pika Flame

Smash Cadet
I don't even know how to move around and spam Thunder with Pikachu on 75m.
Battlefield, Thunder can't go through the platforms.
Lylat Cruise, keeps on tilting, but I like the background.

HyperLucario22

Smash Rookie
Hanenbow, Since when was Electroplankton a big Nintendo series anyway? I never even heard of it till I first unlocked the stage and I was all like "WTF! what game is this stage from?"

Seriously, I wanna know what Nintendo was on when they decided to add a stage from a game as obscure as that.

Doomed

Smash Rookie
New Pork City, Hanenbow, Mushromy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, 75m and every stage that involves cars, hovercars and ships.

Peck

Smash Apprentice
WarioWare is one of my least favorites since it can make your oppenent get Starman or become Mega size/

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
I really hate Hanenbow. It's just not fun. Same with 75m and Rumble Falls.

New Pork City annoys me also. Too big and unnecessary for my taste.

synchroblst

Smash Rookie
  • Hanenbow - Its too easy to fall onto the water, and you usually won't make it back up.
  • Rumble Falls - Obvious reasons
  • 75m - Springs get you dead in 1 hit, especially if you don't see them coming; too many ladders
  • Distant Planet - Its too green (lol)
  • Brinstar - I just don't like this stage for some reason.

The first 3 I hate the most. The other 2 I can stand... for 2 matches at most.

MxGm

Smash Cadet
New Pork City is annoying. Too big and that little red creature that comes out to own you is the worst thing that can happen to you.

Aldrasio

Smash Rookie
75m has tons of space and the springs are really easy to avoid because you can see and hear them coming.
Hanenbow isn't hard because all of the platforms are easily visible and the water isn't that hard to fall in.

Least favorites:
Mario Bros. (Stage poses a greater and less avoidable threat than the opponents)
Flat Zone 2 (Same reason)
Final Destination (Boring, not really neutral)

SpudUK

Smash Rookie
Im not a fan of any stage that isnt a platform, i.e. ones you can knock out the sides easy.

quadz08

Smash Cadet
My least favorite stages, in order of most suck to least.

1. Mushroomy Kingdom- Oh my god this stage is so annoying! The side-scrolling battle thing just doesnt work for me. The characters aren't made to move that way.
2.New Pork City- I think everyone pretty much agrees with this one.
3. Spear Pillar- Most broken stage in the entire game.
4. 75m- It's so hard to attack anyone because there are basically no platforms of a decent size. It's just too busy and crowded.
5. Pictochat- It just becomes so annoying. Some of the drawings are just cheap beyond belief, and if you get caught on the wrong side, you're no more than a target.
6. Lylat Cruise- It just feels too small. There's no room to move.
7. Hanenbow- It's a cool concept, but it's the only stage in the game where the water buoy you for a while at least. It's really rather annoying.

OH! And one more. Shadow Moses Island when playing DeDeDe. He can chain grab you literally forever.

MPH Deku

Smash Journeyman
I absolutly HATE Rumble Falls. I just hate scrolling stages in general; they weren't fun in Melee, and they aren't fun in Brawl.

I also fail to understand why people hate 75m and Hanenbow so much. IMO, they aren't really all that bad...especially compared to Rumble Falls.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
geeze is there any debate over new pork city? spear pillar tends to annoy me and the electroplankton stage

nwb

Smash Rookie
New Pork City-For obvious reasons.
75m-Too many platforms at different heights makes hitting enemies harder, not to mention those annoying springs which spawns at the upper level of the stage (easiest place to get KOs so far).
Brinstar-I hate this stage in Melee and I hate it here too.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Hate the most > Flatzone, Flatzone 2, some of my pit user only stages even though pit isnt my main anymore haha.

Favor > Final Destination, Battlefield, foxes starcruiser (the one in melee and brawl)

The Myk

Smash Rookie
New Pork City, when someone is playing as Sonic. Too big stage and a too fast character go together a little TOO well.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
My least favorite stage is Pirate Ship. For starters, it's a crappy concept. "HAY GUYS I'M SAKURAI! LET'S PUT IN A USELESS WIND WAKER STAGE TO COMPLIMENT OUR USELESS WIND WAKER CHARACTER! ISN'T IT FUN WHEN CHARACTERS TRIP AND FALL AT RANDOM?!"
Also, I hate stages with unpredictable hazards. At least when I play a stage like Brinstar or Halberd I can see the hazards coming and dodge them if I have half a brain.

The Myk

Smash Rookie
Going to disagree with your useless wind waker character comment there, Lobelia. :(

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
Going to disagree with your useless wind waker character comment there, Lobelia. :(
It's not that I don't like Wind Waker, or think that Wind Waker is useless.
*has never played Wind Waker*
But was Toon Link really necessary? No, he wasn't. There were a couple of characters who should not have appeared as playable fighters in the Smash series, and Toon Link is one of them. Others include Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, Young Link, Lucario, and Wolf.

The Myk

Smash Rookie
Oh, I don't care that you haven't played Wind Waker at all. I only just got it half a week ago, myself.

However, I just thought that you meant "useless wind waker character" as in he sucked.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I think Toon Link is this generations Young Link, as Young Link featured as the child Link in Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask in the N64 era, whereas Toon Link featured as the child Link in this era. But anyways I don't really care and I'm going off topic

Worst stage...Hanenbow probably. It doesn't even have proper music. The leaves go up when I'm trying to recover because my Up + B hits them and I can't grab the ledge facing it backwards -___- I also sometimes forget that the water isn't even real :laugh:. New Pork City is also a bad one. Seems like they tried to create another Temple but gave up half way through :(

NEMP

Smash Rookie
I think we all agree with New Pork City, because it's too huge, it doesn't zoom in even if only 2 characters are close to each other and it consists of to many small platforms.
Hyrule is about the same size but you don't have to jump from Platform A to platform B to platform C etc. just to cross the stage. That's why it's alot better.

Rumble Falls is just annoying, you mostly concentrate on jumping than on fighting.

But why do you all hate Spear Pillar, yes Cresselia or how that thing is named is just annoying with it's energy blades.
But Palkia and Dailga both are pretty enjoyable especially when you trained to fight well with right and left swaped.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Frigate is probably my favorite stage :|

New Pork City is easily my most hated, along with Green Hill Zone.

Immortal_One

Smash Apprentice
I hate New Pork City, Hanenbow, Distant Planet and Rumble Falls. New Pork because I can never get any K.O's, Hanebow because its to small, Distant Planet for the same reason, and Rumble falls because I can't move that fast :p

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
spear pillar and pokemon stadium 2. suddenly altered controls and conveyor belts are a video game convention that should never have broken through to the fighting genre. skyworld is also pretty bad

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
NPC sucks needs to be taken out and replaced by fountain of dreams from SSBM!(love that staage)(sucks they took it out):(

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
Hate is a strong word, as I don't necessarily 'hate' any stages.
Some get quite annoying and are, at times, difficult to fight in (Super Mario Bros. stage is probably the most annoying. Those Sidesteppers are so infuriating) but they all add up to make quite a varied selection of stages, just as it should be.

Top Bottom